Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im not too sure when it is busy, but while i was there at around 1pm on a saturday i didnt have to wait to get a spot. i over heard some guys talking about sundays being crazy at kokohead in general though, so you might want to avoid sundays. And yep, $5 per person to shoot there. You just pay when you sign in.

I have my HK45 and USP45 in hand...I get to pick up my USPc stainless 9mm next friday! USP 45 has always been a favorite of mine so I like it just a little bit over the HK45. Plus the USP is already battle proven and all that good stuff.

Thanks bro, I'm gonna head there in a few hours if not tomorrow. Put more rounds through the HK45 and G19.

Nice! I was also thinking of getting the USP45ct

Anyone here knowledgeable with AKs? I think I want to pick one up in the near future....What is a good quality AK company and model to buy?

I was talking to the guys at SEC and they was talking about this brand that has tight grouping as a AR. Cost around $800 I think, chat with them, they are really knowledgable too even tho they look like they just came out of highschool.

Nevermind, I took a picture of the tag I was looking at. Cost around $1k
716b3f99.jpg

Last edited:
Put 200 rounds today though my HK45 and a few brass to my ear protector and 100 rounds to my G19 and a few brass to my ear protector. No stove pipes or FTF but my Ruger Mark III had a few stove pipes due to cheap ammo, put 333 rounds through it. Still need to break it in.

I really love seeing new posts in this thread.

It is a little slow for me getting new items to post about here, so I am really digging on the ones you guys post about...

But pics would really be cool!:)

Anyone here knowledgeable with AKs? I think I want to pick one up in the near future....What is a good quality AK company and model to buy?

I have a Robinson Armory VEPR that has been excellent at the range. I paid just over $500 for it back in 2004, but you can find them for just a little more these days. Ammo is cheap when bought in bulk too so I take it out just as much as my AR.

Okay, but boring

0ab3c2a1.jpg

nice you made it out there! I was there around 1pm. How was your glock 19?

Had a bad day with my Glock 19 Gen4. Had lots of brass tossed back towards my face and over my head. I shot 100 rounds through it and got hit at least 4 times and maybe 10 times over my head. Prior to this it didnt happen that much...

Im just glad that I dont have any FTF or FTE with the gen 4, but the erratic ejecting is pretty annoying. is there anything I can do about it? Im pretty sure i have the updated ejector and all that stuff since it is a pretty newly manufactured glock 19 with the FDE frame.

nice you made it out there! I was there around 1pm. How was your glock 19?

Had a bad day with my Glock 19 Gen4. Had lots of brass tossed back towards my face and over my head. I shot 100 rounds through it and got hit at least 4 times and maybe 10 times over my head. Prior to this it didnt happen that much...

Im just glad that I dont have any FTF or FTE with the gen 4, but the erratic ejecting is pretty annoying. is there anything I can do about it? Im pretty sure i have the updated ejector and all that stuff since it is a pretty newly manufactured glock 19 with the FDE frame.

I brought my brother there and we was there on the first lane from about 1:15-3:30

My G19 had a few brass over my head and a few to the right of my ear muff. I didn't actually count the amount but I don't think it was as much as yours. Honestly it didn't bother me as long as there were no stove pipes, etc. even my HK45 had a brass or 2 go right to my chest, could of been limp wristing :lol gotta admit because I was switching back and forth with .22, 9mm and 45acp

But glock is lifetime warranty, give them a call and they'll work with you. The worst thing is sending it in, but it's covered and they'll fix your issue.

By the way, anyone else uses frog lube? Good stuff
a413b950.jpg

I brought my brother there and we was there on the first lane from about 1:15-3:30

My G19 had a few brass over my head and a few to the right of my ear muff. I didn't actually count the amount but I don't think it was as much as yours. Honestly it didn't bother me as long as there were no stove pipes, etc. even my HK45 had a brass or 2 go right to my chest, could of been limp wristing :lol gotta admit because I was switching back and forth with .22, 9mm and 45acp

But glock is lifetime warranty, give them a call and they'll work with you. The worst thing is sending it in, but it's covered and they'll fix your issue.

By the way, anyone else uses frog lube? Good stuff
a413b950.jpg

oh damn, im trying to remember anyone there....all i remember is the really stubby dude shooting his 22lr rifle and some handguns that was to the left of me. the sign in guy gave me one of the middle lanes.

Yeah i think i'll give it a few hundred more rounds since ive read that sometimes the erratic ejection goes away after a certain "break in". if not i'll be giving glock a call for sure. Im also glad i dont have any stovepipes or FTF with the glock...but the brass to the face and over the head is annoying and im sure my wife wont want to shoot it anymore. oh well, i guess that is what my new USPc 9mm is for :lol.

Ive never used froglube although ive seen it. Im a mpro7 user in both cleaner and lube.

oh damn, im trying to remember anyone there....all i remember is the really stubby dude shooting his 22lr rifle and some handguns that was to the left of me. the sign in guy gave me one of the middle lanes.

Yeah i think i'll give it a few hundred more rounds since ive read that sometimes the erratic ejection goes away after a certain "break in". if not i'll be giving glock a call for sure. Im also glad i dont have any stovepipes or FTF with the glock...but the brass to the face and over the head is annoying and im sure my wife wont want to shoot it anymore. oh well, i guess that is what my new USPc 9mm is for :lol.

Ive never used froglube although ive seen it. Im a mpro7 user in both cleaner and lube.

My wife is not into shooting, I just brought her once to magnum. My brothers wants to go and my wife's cousins too. I told them as long as you bring your own ammo.

I wanted to shoot my MK25 but didn't want to bring too much guns. I still want to put a few hundred more into my G19. What grain are you using? The 100 I shot were 115 grain, I'm gonna try 124 grain the next time I go.

Yeah, I was using mpro7. Had no problems but read so many praises with frog lube on HKpro. The main thing is maintaining.

My wife is not into shooting, I just brought her once to magnum. My brothers wants to go and my wife's cousins too. I told them as long as you bring your own ammo.

I wanted to shoot my MK25 but didn't want to bring too much guns. I still want to put a few hundred more into my G19. What grain are you using? The 100 I shot were 115 grain, I'm gonna try 124 grain the next time I go.

Yeah, I was using mpro7. Had no problems but read so many praises with frog lube on HKpro. The main thing is maintaining.

Ive mainly been using the 115gr Federal in the white box. Also used a couple boxes of the 124gr.

So after spending a couple hours researching further on the erratic glock ejections...ive come to the assumption that it is a faulty extractor that is causing my problems. My glock already has the updated ejector part #30274.

Glocks with serial numbers starting with P, Q, R, or S will have these problems. My glock, even though it is supposedly newly made being a FDE model, has an "S" serial number. During production of these units, glock outsourced to use a machine injection molded extractor, instead of the machine milled extractor part that was used on gen 1 and 2.

Darkknight, do you know any certified glock armorers here in Hawaii that I can have a Glock factory extractor part sent to so I dont have to ship off my gun and be without it for 6 weeks?

my Gen3 G19 (manufactured date: late 2011) has the 336 ejector that's supposedly problematic. my friend just became a certified Glock armorer so i may get him to install the newer 30274 one. i'll put in a few hundred rounds to be sure.

So after spending a couple hours researching further on the erratic glock ejections...ive come to the assumption that it is a faulty extractor that is causing my problems. My glock already has the updated ejector part #30274.

Glocks with serial numbers starting with P, Q, R, or S will have these problems. My glock, even though it is supposedly newly made being a FDE model, has an "S" serial number. During production of these units, glock outsourced to use a machine injection molded extractor, instead of the machine milled extractor part that was used on gen 1 and 2.

Darkknight, do you know any certified glock armorers here in Hawaii that I can have a Glock factory extractor part sent to so I dont have to ship off my gun and be without it for 6 weeks?

I got a buisness card from SEC because when I picked up my MK25 I asked who can install a SRT in it. He gave me a card of a Certified Sig armorer who deals with HPD too, he may also be a glock armorer too. Or give SEC or OGC a call and they probably have better contact. Kaneohe gun shop may be one? I know xringsecurity is a certified gunsmith.

cant wait for friday to bring home my Usp compact 9mm. pics to follow!

Back