Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI for you Glock gen4 owners with erratic ejection :) I called Glock this morning and verified I have the current RSA (0-4-3) So they told me to find a Glock Armorer, most likely all gun shops are. Good thing that the LGS I bought it from is a Glock armorer. I will have to bring in my G19 and the LGS will call Glock and get a updated extractor and install it at no charge. Glad I don't need to send it in.

Is it only the full/mid sized Glocks that have the problem? I have a Gen4 26 that I've never had any issues with.

Also bought this on a whim. My first S&W. I'm hoping the night sights will help at the range. It's always kinda dark in there.

8a8257ce.jpg

Is it only the full/mid sized Glocks that have the problem? I have a Gen4 26 that I've never had any issues with.

Also bought this on a whim. My first S&W. I'm hoping the night sights will help at the range. It's always kinda dark in there.

8a8257ce.jpg

Oh, I forgot what Glock told me if it was the ejector or extractor.

But as for the issues, I hear its more of the the 17/19. Late gen3 and earlier gen4.

Nice, what caliber is that M&P? I was thinking of getting a .40 but now thinking of either a 9mm or .45

thanks for all the updates chad. i was lazy and just ordered a lonewolf extractor with loaded chamber indicator last night. if this doesnt work then ill definitely be giving carter a call to get the OEM glock extractor. im certain its a faulty extractor on mine because when i cleaned my glock there was a lot of fine brass shavings on the inside of my slide

thanks for all the updates chad. i was lazy and just ordered a lonewolf extractor with loaded chamber indicator last night. if this doesnt work then ill definitely be giving carter a call to get the OEM glock extractor. im certain its a faulty extractor on mine because when i cleaned my glock there was a lot of fine brass shavings on the inside of my slide

Cool, how about installation? Let us know how it runs after installing

Another subject, anyone owns a Ruger MKIII or 22/45? Damn, I was trying to attempt to field strip it last night and it was a pain. I watched some vids on YouTube and they make it look easy. But I'll try again after watching the vids. Anyone has tip?

That gun is a huge pain in the arse. My son ended up selling his because he'd get so frustrated taking it down.

That gun is a huge pain in the arse. My son ended up selling his because he'd get so frustrated taking it down.

It's a sweet .22 plinker but damn, I wanted to throw it at the wall. Just pulling the mainspring housing that blocks the bolt is a beeotch the get out. I had to remove it 3 times because I had to put it back in because I couldn't get the bolt out. But I watches a video and a guy said that the hammer gets in the way and you will need to move it with a screw driver or whatever you can use. I'll try it again and see if that's the problem.

8a8257ce.jpg

Smart man. My .40 hasn't missed a beat yet. :yess:

Cool, how about installation? Let us know how it runs after installing

Another subject, anyone owns a Ruger MKIII or 22/45? Damn, I was trying to attempt to field strip it last night and it was a pain. I watched some vids on YouTube and they make it look easy. But I'll try again after watching the vids. Anyone has tip?

i have a Ruger MKIII. this is the video i watch for takedown.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fIYIWK0boo[/ame]

i have a Ruger MKIII. this is the video i watch for takedown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fIYIWK0boo

Yeah thanks, I watched that too. But the thing is that I had to push the hammer up from back of the grip. I was getting frustrated because I couldn't get the bolt out. I got it out now, but gotta find a rubber mallet to tap the barrel out. Yeah I baby my gun :lol that main spring assembly is a _____ on mine to get out.

yeah, he makes it look easy. mine's still fairly tight but his directions are pretty straight forward. i use a paperclip to pull out the lever that releases the bolt. i already scratched that area with a flathead screwdriver. haha. i baby my guns too but sometimes you gotta force it a little. my damn 1911 idiot mark still bugs me. :lol

I used my wife's bobby pin since it was in arms reach :lol I read people don't field strip it until 1000 rounds to loosen it up, I got about 500 only but I wanted to frog lube the MKIII.

What happened on your 1911? Oh and since you have the biggest collection here. How often do you lube your firearms if it sits in your safe and not being shot? Does your safe keeps moisture out? Just curious since I live by the ocean, I hear bad stories on rust.

when i first field stripped my 1911 i accidentally scratched it when i put the slide release lever back in place. newbie mistake. it's not too noticeable but i know it's there. :D

i only really lube the guns when i know i'm going to take them out soon or when i get bored. they're all stored in the safe with a small plugged in device placed at the bottom to keep overall temperature inside dry.

I know what you mean, I put a magazine in my 1911 in a bit of a angle and the magazine edge scratched the inside well. It doesn't affect anything but knowing its there bothers me :lol

So what's lube/cleaner do you use? I wanna know if anyone else uses frog lube here

i bet your comic books were pristine mint in mylar protective sleeves! lol

i use ballistol and breakfree clp

https://www.ballistol.com/
https://www.break-free.com/?location=/products/index.asp

i haven't tried frog lube. i've heard about it on calguns.

:lol I actually was gonna do that because of a friend talking about it. Glad I didn't

Those are the most common used right?

Okay I got my MKIII apart and it's filthy. I was using the cheap dirty bulk ammos. But I put partial of it back together and will clean it later. I guess a few time disassemble and reassemble its not that bad. The thing is that it's just put together real tight.

Last edited:

Hey bro, FYI I dropped my g19 off to the gunshop and he told me its the ejector problem and they don't have problems with the extractor. He said he already replaced some. He said turn around is about a week.

Back