Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of ammo do you guys buy and stock up on for your AR15s?

What kind of ammo do you guys buy and stock up on for your AR15s?

I usually stock up on the cheap stuff by Federal, American Eagle.
This is what I take to the range mostly, but once in a while I'll also pick up some Fiocchi 82 grain.

Ive been buying the Federal Lake City XM855 62gr stuff with the green tips. that's the only type to buy in bulk at my LGS.

Id like to shoot higher grain 556 rounds but my ACOG is already zeroed in for the 62 gr and anything else is too expensive to shoot reasonably at the range.

Got my Lonewolf dist gen 4 extractor on saturday and just installed it now. Took less than 5 mins. I can't wait for this weekend to test it out at the range...I have my fingers crossed that this will fix my brass to the head problem. In the meantime i think i'll try to give glock a call to send the actual OEM factory extractor to Carter just incase.

I also ordered a Ghost 3.5 lb trigger connector last night. cant wait to try that one out too.

Chad, how long will it take for you to get your glock back?

That's nuts, it doesnt look hard at all. What makes it so difficult, are the parts just too tight to come loose?

Hey bro, just got off the phone with glock and asked them what parts will be replaced. They told me the updated ejector and dot connector for a crispier trigger. Those parts are available so once the parts arrive its easy to install. I was quoted a week to get my gun back. I also asked glock about the extractor, they said there was never an updated extractor??? Let us know how your glock is after the new extractor.

Yeah, the MKIII is real tight and there is a sequence and parts needs to be in a certain position when installing and disassembling.

The assault rifle ... M4? AR15? HK416 (or whatever the semi-auto version is called)? ACR?

Also -- what kind of scope is that? I'm considering getting an assault rifle. I want a semi-auto M4 variant of some sort -- shorter-barrelled 5.56. An ACR or HK416 are the two I've been looking at most ... not sure how easy they are to find, though. I think I'd rather do a fully-outfitted all-purpose rifle than several specialized rifles -- sight/scope, sling mounts, foregrip, tactical light ... maybe even a bayonet mount. Heh.

I've also being considering whether to get an ACOG scope, or an EOTech HHS (Hybrid Holographic Sight). Like I said, I'm wanting an all-purpose rifle -- short range, long range, CQC, etc. I actually learned about the hybrid sight from Call of Duty (of all places). It has a mounted holographic sight with a scope that can be flipped in or out depending on how long-range the target.

a2079181360c2737c4a0c3_m.JPG

I'm thinking the versatility of a hybrid holographic sight would be perfect for a multi-purpose rifle. Anybody have non-videogame experience with a hybrid sight?

SnakeDoc
I have both and like them equally. Problem with the Eotech is it takes batteries.
ETA I don't have the "scope" part of the Eotech so I can't comment on that.

Some people will tell you to stay away from it but I've never had any problem out of Wolf ammo. Except for One box of "good" ammo to sight my ACOG in all I've ever fired out of it has been Wolf. I've had it for about 7 years now.

In my case, I've noticed that it runs a little dirtier, but nothing major. However, I'm shooting a gas piston AR (that "might" make a difference). Results may vary for direct impingement AR's.
Some of my buddies have said that they get failure to eject with the Wolf ammo, but I've never had that issue.

Bottom line with Wolf ammo... if you're rifle can handle it and you're content, then go for it.

So are Glocks still having ejector/extractor issues? I've been wanting to pick up a G17 (Gen3) for ages and I hope once I get everything settled, I can pick one up.

Wow nice find, post some pictures the next time you go there if its still available. How much is it going for?

I'm probably going back this upcoming weekend. They wanted $900 for it, which is a good price for a decent one from what I've seen online. I found a nice looking P7M8 on a "gun" forum I visit from time to time. If they respond to my request I'll probably buy that one off of them as the description sounds like it's in good shape.

I'm probably going back this upcoming weekend. They wanted $900 for it, which is a good price for a decent one from what I've seen online. I found a nice looking P7M8 on a "gun" forum I visit from time to time. If they respond to my request I'll probably buy that one off of them as the description sounds like it's in good shape.

Wow! That's a really good price, but what's wrong with it?

Well the one at the shop was more than likely a police issued gun that was refinished. I'll have to ask more questions when I go back.
The one that I found on the other forum has been refinished and carried frequently. Doesn't matter to me as long as there is nothing mechanically wrong with it. I'll never buy a gun with the intention of keeping it stowed in a safe. They will always be fired as intended.

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

Well the one at the shop was more than likely a police issued gun that was refinished. I'll have to ask more questions when I go back.
The one that I found on the other forum has been refinished and carried frequently. Doesn't matter to me as long as there is nothing mechanically wrong with it. I'll never buy a gun with the intention of keeping it stowed in a safe. They will always be fired as intended.

Wow, I was tempted to pick up a refinished USP but didn't. But would jump on a refinished P7 knowing it was done by HK, plus HK is lifetime warranty no matter who the owner is. And like you said I would shoot the bleep out of it. And another cool factor that it was a police issue P7.

Yeah I'd definitely have no problems shooting a police issued gun. The part I'm unsure of is where the refinish was done. I doubt HK did it as they usually do black or the nickel finish. There's a lot of information about these guns, and I just want to sift through the B.S. before spending that much money.

Good news!!! My guy from the forum responded, and as long as everything goes smoothly I'm going to be a proud member of the P7M8 club. He said he still has it, and despite interest no $$ has materialized. And this must be a sign....he's throwing in a left-handed holster and right side double magazine holster to sweeten the deal.
Here she is:
149b4hc.jpg

345ijqs.jpg

Last edited:
Good news!!! My guy from the forum responded, and as long as everything goes smoothly I'm going to be a proud member of the P7M8 club. He said he still has it, and despite interest no $$ has materialized. And this must be a sign....he's throwing in a left-handed holster and right side double magazine holster to sweeten the deal.
Here she is:
149b4hc.jpg

345ijqs.jpg

Nice! Awesome find HW!

I'm gonna pick up a Glock 17 gen 4 blue label with trijicon night sights. I put it on hold and it's a collected date of 5/31/2012.

Nice! Awesome find HW!

I'm gonna pick up a Glock 17 gen 4 blue label with trijicon night sights. I put it on hold and it's a collected date of 5/31/2012.

nice bro! how much will that cost you? would you be able to hook me up with a glock in the near future?

Back