Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:yess::rock I finally found a PPQ in 9mm that someone will ship it without the 15 rounds mag for $465 shipped!!! I told myself I'm done with 9mm but always wanted to get my hands on a PPQ:yess:

What's wrong with 9mm? I love shooting it.

Nothing, I also love shooting 9mm I wanted to get a Arsenal AK or 12 gauge shotgun next using a layaway payment plan. I already got a P226 MK25 and glock 17 and 19.

I don't have a shotgun. It's been on my list for a while now and I'd love to get one. I've enjoyed trap shooting a couple times but that's the extent I've used one.

After a year or so of trying to save up for a Bushmaster ACR, my better judgement got a hold of me. Instead of buying a $2500 rifle (that's badass in every way), I'd instead get 2 $1200 rifles. In case one breaks down, I'll have a spare. I came across this today, and had to pull the trigger. It's a Bushmaster XM15 (M4A3). I went to another dealer looking for a part for my Blackhawk storm sling and bartered 6 mags for only $50.00. Christmas has come early! It came loaded with extra's and is brand new
Blackhawk AR-15 carbine quad rail forend
Blackhawk AR-15 ergonomic grip
Blackhawk rail mount vertical grip
Blackhawk AR-15 flat top riser rail
Blackhawk night-ops Legacy X6-p flashlight
Tactical 40MM enclosed red/green dot reflex sight

I can't wait to put a few hundred rounds through it, probably on friday.

Now, THAT'S a rifle! Congrats!

After a year or so of trying to save up for a Bushmaster ACR, my better judgement got a hold of me. Instead of buying a $2500 rifle (that's badass in every way), I'd instead get 2 $1200 rifles. In case one breaks down, I'll have a spare. I came across this today, and had to pull the trigger. It's a Bushmaster XM15 (M4A3). I went to another dealer looking for a part for my Blackhawk storm sling and bartered 6 mags for only $50.00. Christmas has come early! It came loaded with extra's and is brand new

P9070085.jpg

P9070086.jpg

P9070087.jpg

P9070088.jpg

I can't wait to put a few hundred rounds through it, probably on friday.

she's purdy

she's purdy

Now, THAT'S a rifle! Congrats!

Thanks guys! Guess I am kind of in shock that this is in my posession as I haven't even unboxed my Crimson Guard yet. I've been watching anything to do with this rifle on youtube for the past hour or so. I'm very happy with it even though I have yet to fire a single round. Very low recoil from the videos and a proven rifle. I must be on some type of kick, I got a Savage 30-06 last week and didn't even bother to show it off, just fired a few rounds and cleaned it and put it away. This one, on the other hand, will not see a closet for a VERY LONG TIME!

Heads up to anyone looking for some mags to stock up or hard to find ones. MidwayUSA has some promo codes up to $30 off. I just picked up two Magnum Research Baby Desert Eagle that fits the PPQ for only $59 shipped. Walthers sells theirs for $50+ but I hear that the 2 are made from the same company. But you can use the promo code on any purchases.

https://www.slickguns.com/content/midway-usa

My wife and I put 200 rounds through the Bushmaster today, and it was better than I had ever dreamed a rifle can be. No real recoil, which was great. I think that I am guilty of tensing a bit on big bore rifles but this was more like shooting a bb gun in the back yard in comparison. Controlled squeezes of the trigger and consistent results at 50 and 100 yards. Absolutely worth the wait, can't wait to do it again! No issues with the rifle at all, had to drop the sight about 10 clicks total and then it was all business after that. My wife showed me up, hitting a 1 inch square of duct tape at about 70 yards on a target, first try, and she has very little experience at shooting, which says a lot about the bushmaster MX15 ES2.

Heads up to anyone looking for some mags to stock up or hard to find ones. MidwayUSA has some promo codes up to $30 off. I just picked up two Magnum Research Baby Desert Eagle that fits the PPQ for only $59 shipped. Walthers sells theirs for $50+ but I hear that the 2 are made from the same company. But you can use the promo code on any purchases.

https://www.slickguns.com/content/midway-usa

if you got the ones by Magnum Research model MAGFA915 then you're good to go. they work perfectly!

My wife and I put 200 rounds through the Bushmaster today, and it was better than I had ever dreamed a rifle can be. No real recoil, which was great. I think that I am guilty of tensing a bit on big bore rifles but this was more like shooting a bb gun in the back yard in comparison. Controlled squeezes of the trigger and consistent results at 50 and 100 yards. Absolutely worth the wait, can't wait to do it again! No issues with the rifle at all, had to drop the sight about 10 clicks total and then it was all business after that. My wife showed me up, hitting a 1 inch square of duct tape at about 70 yards on a target, first try, and she has very little experience at shooting, which says a lot about the bushmaster MX15 ES2.

Enjoying firearms is that much more fun when your wife enjoys it as well! Awesome that she did so well.

That reminds me of my first shooting experience. When I was about 14, my brother-in-law took me out shooting with a Ruger Redhawk .44.

He talked me through how to get ready for my shots as he took the 1st three rounds at a coke can that was about 20 yards away. He missed his first two shots and hit the can on his third which knocked it back a yard or 2.

Then he gave the gun to me for the other three rounds and, with the help of his advice, I hit all three of my first shots.

He never let me shoot that gun again.:lol

But I was hooked on shooting from that moment, anyway.

What? HI has that law too? Damn, sorry bro. I know that pain all too well. :mad:

Yeah I don't get it? What's the deal with it? Pretty soon the government will make us register our magazines. What's the difference with someone who owns a gun with a 17rds mag and someone else who owns hundreds of 10rds magazine?

After the long freaking process I finally picked up my GP100 and Glock 17. I'm not done, I gotta go back and bring it in to register it :gah:
99F28FFF-499C-4C84-BA06-7F2FB0786AFB-817-0000007AB767A7DB.jpg

BB1DA05D-6181-405A-8DAB-8D6CB113E667-817-0000007AA0E3C7F9.jpg

Yeah I don't get it? What's the deal with it? Pretty soon the government will make us register our magazines. What's the difference with someone who owns a gun with a 17rds mag and someone else who owns hundreds of 10rds magazine?
Oh, it gets better... our rifles can't have a normal magazine release. We've got a "bullet button".

Basically, there's a device placed over the mag release button so that you can't press it with your finger. There is, however, a small hole in the center of that device that allows you to push down on the mag release, but you'll have to use a small enough tool to pass through the hole.

Most people use the tip of their .223 or .308 round, hence, the name bullet button.

Weak! :mad:

P9070085.jpg

[/quote]

This is the set up I want! Does anyone think it would be best to scratch build one or buy off the shelf?

If you're confident enough in your skills, I would recommend buying your own lower and fitting it with the components you like.

You'll find yourself with a great rifle and still have money left in your pockets to put towards some good optics.

Oh, it gets better... our rifles can't have a normal magazine release. We've got a "bullet button".

Basically, there's a device placed over the mag release button so that you can't press it with your finger. There is, however, a small hole in the center of that device that allows you to push down on the mag release, but you'll have to use a small enough tool to pass through the hole.

Most people use the tip of their .223 or .308 round, hence, the name bullet button.

Weak! :mad:

:horror sorry to hear, that sucks. This is in CA? So if I ever move there I would have to do that to my guns? Damn, the illegal aliens has better guns and ray guns :monkey1

If you're confident enough in your skills, I would recommend buying your own lower and fitting it with the components you like.

You'll find yourself with a great rifle and still have money left in your pockets to put towards some good optics.

Thanks C! That's what I've read but this would be my first build and from what I've read here and there, you need some specialized tools for assembly.

DK...that Ruger is a beauty!

Back