Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hit the black friday sale at Dicks Sporting Goods. They had ammo buy 1 get one 50% off. I picked up 1000 rounds between .45 and .40. It's still cheaper to buy rifle ammo online.

Invest in precious metals. Black Friday haul. Scored over 2k rounds, need more ammo cans.
041DD2ED-AAF8-434A-9520-0AA44B630CEE-9369-000008897CAEBE32.jpg

epnlzo.jpg

Damn. I ordered some 5.56 ammo today. Couldnt' beat that price. Next time I'm going to order some. .308

Wife wants to get me a crossbow or compound bow for our 10th wedding anniversary. I've always wanted one ... but know almost nothing about them. I know Daryl on the Walking Dead uses a Horton Scout, and they run about $300. Not sure if its any good, though.

Any thoughts on a good crossbow or compound bow for $300-$500?

SnakeDoc

I hit the black friday sale at Dicks Sporting Goods. They had ammo buy 1 get one 50% off. I picked up 1000 rounds between .45 and .40. It's still cheaper to buy rifle ammo online.

Sports Authority also had the BOGO half off. I was hoping to get some gold dots in .45 but I was told a guy came in a few days before and hoarded what ever they had instock.

epnlzo.jpg

Damn. I ordered some 5.56 ammo today. Couldnt' beat that price. Next time I'm going to order some. .308

Where'd you get your 5.56? It's $310 for 1k for federals. Is that a good deal?

Wife wants to get me a crossbow or compound bow for our 10th wedding anniversary. I've always wanted one ... but know almost nothing about them. I know Daryl on the Walking Dead uses a Horton Scout, and they run about $300. Not sure if its any good, though.

Any thoughts on a good crossbow or compound bow for $300-$500?

SnakeDoc

I would want a crossbow just to own but don't got anywhere to hide it.

I got this promo package from Glock. Annual 2012 buyers guide, pen, pencil, pin, patch, sticker, Glock 17 keychain and a landyard.
C67A24FB-F0AF-44C9-914D-89B8A62450EC-11260-00000ADB991A65BF.jpg

Sports Authority also had the BOGO half off. I was hoping to get some gold dots in .45 but I was told a guy came in a few days before and hoarded what ever they had instock.

Where'd you get your 5.56? It's $310 for 1k for federals. Is that a good deal?

I got this promo package from Glock. Annual 2012 buyers guide, pen, pencil, pin, patch, sticker, Glock 17 keychain and a landyard.

I didn't know SA sold ammo.

$310 sounds awesome for brass cased 5.56. I normally end up paying around $375 dlvd.

Nice haul.

I didn't know SA sold ammo.

$310 sounds awesome for brass cased 5.56. I normally end up paying around $375 dlvd.

Nice haul.

Yeah, in my state they also sell some long guns too, I also remembered seeing pistols too over 2 decades ago. But gun laws was different back then.

Made me ask because 1k rounds of 7.69x38 Tula cost $305.

Thanks, gotta love free stuff.

Not sure if this a good deal, Amazon.com is having a laser sight with tactical light, for $199, usually $350

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003UHZHEO/ref=gb1h_img_c-3_1582_A3243R80RSZJ1M?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0JPAEPCF9C7BKEEW4K0T&pf_rd_i=5550342011&pf_rd_p=1416111582[/ame]

Picked up a SA lightweight champion operator 1911 and a surefire X300 tac light to go with it. :yess:

Congrats BB!

I just picked up my VEPR 12 at my FFL and took me 1 hour and 20 minutes to register it. Longest line I ever saw, I also put in the paper work so I can pick up my Walther PPQ :gah:

Picked up a SA lightweight champion operator 1911 and a surefire X300 tac light to go with it. :yess:

Did you get it from the slickguns posting?? I almost couldn't resist that price because I've been wanting one for almost a year now. Scar 17 is my next purchase probably followed by an FN 45 Tactical to go along with it.

Anyone have an opinion one way or the other on the SKS rifle? Saw a Chinese version at a gun show for $325. Liked the look, but have no clue about accuracy or maintenance issues.

Thanks in advance.

Did you get it from the slickguns posting?? I almost couldn't resist that price because I've been wanting one for almost a year now. Scar 17 is my next purchase probably followed by an FN 45 Tactical to go along with it.

My local gs had the 1911, deal was too good to pass up $650 for gun and 75% off tac light. Little over 750 after taxes.

Congrats BB!

I just picked up my VEPR 12 at my FFL and took me 1 hour and 20 minutes to register it. Longest line I ever saw, I also put in the paper work so I can pick up my Walther PPQ :gah:

Thanks man, and congrats on the Verp 12!

Anyone know a good holster that can fit the SA lightweight champion operator with light equipped?

my Solar Tactical kydex grip for my ACR arrived today. it fit perfectly. just three easy screws. now my rifle is Cali legal featureless! suh-weeeet!

i got it for 50% off normal price too. Black Friday deal! ah yeah!!

Anyone have an opinion one way or the other on the SKS rifle? Saw a Chinese version at a gun show for $325. Liked the look, but have no clue about accuracy or maintenance issues.

Thanks in advance.

My coworker has one. I was able to consistently shoot man sized silhouette steel targets with it at 100 yards.

Back