Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You like your P89? I had a P94 but sold it due to it being very picky with ammo and FTE if it wasn't squeaky clean. I had to do interval cleanings with it at the range which is a major downfall. It just was NOT dependable. :mad:

Really?! That's odd. My P89 hasn't had an issue yet. The guy I bought it from did not know how to clean a firearm either. It was filthy when I got it from him. And I had been to the range with him 3 times with it and no issues with his horrible cleaning habit. I seriously had to break down the slide and get in there with a q-tip it was so dirty.

I'd agree with the snappy part. At least on the .40's. My Glock 23 seems to have more recoil than all my other handguns. Even the FNX45 I just bought has less kick than my G23.

A friend of mine had the same complaint with his M&P 40. I have an M&P 9mm which is super mellow, but I never shot his to compare.

I just stick with 9 and 45, but with all the ammo problems it might be a good idea to diversify a bit more.

I dunno about diversifying ammo usage. I too stick with 9mm and .45. I thought about branching out to different calibers but then figured why spend the money on different calibers? Why not just stock pile what I can get. Ammo is rare all around but not impossible to get. I just recently picked up 250 rounds of 45 and passed up a lot more due to money or either money or the kind of ammo. The way I see it if SHTF I can rely on my primary and not have to worry about running out of ammo, and my body is already use to the way it handled. I also stick with the same type of gun (polymer) instead of bouncing between that, 1911s, or revolvers. I'm very proficient with my XD and that's my primary. My 1911 I'm not as good but I can use it. Just my 2 cents.

New Pachmayer grip for my Kimber to look like the Hitman hardballer.
2z8raya.jpg

33bz98n.jpg

You like your P89? I had a P94 but sold it due to it being very picky with ammo and FTE if it wasn't squeaky clean. I had to do interval cleanings with it at the range which is a major downfall. It just was NOT dependable. :mad:

love my p-85!!! NEVER have had a jam with factory rounds, twice with crappy range reloads. accurate, light and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. 15 rounds max with 14 in the clip and one in the chamber.

1287744704.jpg

love my p-85!!! NEVER have had a jam with factory rounds, twice with crappy range reloads. accurate, light and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. 15 rounds max with 14 in the clip and one in the chamber.

1287744704.jpg

That's a unique pistol that takes clips... Nah just messing lol nice pistols!

My wife is awesome! For my birthday coming up she's paying for half of a smith & wesson 460 revolver. I won the auction on gb already. Now the waiting game. I'll post pics when I get it. I opted for the 5" barrel instead of the 8-3/8" because I like my guns symmetrical. I'm stoked!

The 3 lgs I stopped by last week has pmags in stock. The only thing I'm looking for are at least two BX-25 for my 10/22. But the lgs that has it instock is only selling it to LEO.

And finally sports authority has the 10/22 takedown instock but my long gun permit is expired for over 6 months, don't feel like waiting to re register.

The 3 lgs I stopped by last week has pmags in stock. The only thing I'm looking for are at least two BX-25 for my 10/22. But the lgs that has it instock is only selling it to LEO.

And finally sports authority has the 10/22 takedown instock but my long gun permit is expired for over 6 months, don't feel like waiting to re register.

where do you live that LEO's use .22 rifles and you need a permit to buy a rifle?

where do you live that LEO's use .22 rifles and you need a permit to buy a rifle?

Hawaii, I was told as of now LEO has priority for them, not for their jobs but for personal use. Like before when pmags was scarce it was only available to LEO and military only and now available to civilians. I know that sucks but they still helped me out when they could by putting things on hold when they not supposed to.

Nice! My lgs is selling one for about $1400-$1500. You mind I ask what you paid for? I love my SLR-107F

They had it listed for $1450, I know the owners son and he got it for me for $1200 out the door and threw in 2 mags. Got a 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 for $450 out the door also.

They had it listed for $1450, I know the owners son and he got it for me for $1200 out the door and threw in 2 mags. Got a 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 for $450 out the door also.

Nice, circle 10 and tapco are abundance here. Com blocks not too many.

Glad I grabbed 1k rounds before they started limiting 200 per day. Ammo is finally surfacing back here on Hawaii on the shelves.

I'm tempted to get a baby glock g26 to go with my 17 and 19.

Back