Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just purchased my first handgun. I got a Glock 23 Gen 4, 40cal. I love it and it fits perfectly in my hand. Cannot wait to go out and try it.

That's what I have been reading and hearing from other owners. I was looking at others pistols and was close to purchasing a S&W PM40 (which is also a good gun). Glad I waited a little longer and found this one.

Just purchased my first handgun. I got a Glock 23 Gen 4, 40cal. I love it and it fits perfectly in my hand. Cannot wait to go out and try it.

Congrats! :hi5:

That's my favorite glock model. I have one 3000 rounds through it and no issues at all, I've done some customizing to it but still....it runs perfect. Dollar for dollar nothing beats a Glock.

I've never been a Glock fan, although I feel I'll need one someday to round out my collection. The only way I can describe them is that they feel "snappy" when I shoot them. Like there's too much shock that I feel in my hands and makes me uncomfortable shooting them.

Good choice! I have a gen 3 that is the first hand gun I ever purchased...after 5 years and thousands of rounds, it's still my favorite gun to shoot and my everyday CCW. :clap

I've never been a Glock fan, although I feel I'll need one someday to round out my collection. The only way I can describe them is that they feel "snappy" when I shoot them. Like there's too much shock that I feel in my hands and makes me uncomfortable shooting them.

I don't own any yet either. I might get one one day but I'm a big fan of the classics.

Good to hear that a couple of you guys have gone through thousands of rounds and it's still no problems. Now to start looking for ammo...

.40 S&W shouldn't be too hard to find. I got a bulk box of it just a few days ago from a local gs, it's 9mm that's had as crap to find.

Also a cool G23 thing is you can buy a storm lake drop in barrel and convert your .40 to a 9mm. Just need some 9mm mags and you got a G19.

Whoah that is cool.
I've been debating a glock simply because they make their own hi-cap magazines.

Yeah I know I harp on it but Glocks are just great. Not expensive, easy to find high round mags, easy to customize, mags can be used for similar cal guns in that cal and they just flat out are reliable.

I'd agree with the snappy part. At least on the .40's. My Glock 23 seems to have more recoil than all my other handguns. Even the FNX45 I just bought has less kick than my G23.

I'd agree with the snappy part. At least on the .40's. My Glock 23 seems to have more recoil than all my other handguns. Even the FNX45 I just bought has less kick than my G23.

Is your glock a Gen 4? Mine seems not so bad on the recoil but it could be the work I've done to it.

Yes it is a gen4. The recoil is manageable but it is the worst of the 9 or 10 handguns I own.

Gotcha. I've changed the barrel,trigger,sights and recoil spring(I use factory now and then also though). I'll agree it's more recoil then the G19 but feels better then my other 40 cals.

I've been taking my super blackhawk to the range with me recently so you wanna talk about recoil? Ugh it's a beast. The only semi auto I own right now is an old Ruger P89. The recoil on that is almost nothing. But it is an all steel gun. I've actually been looking at a walther ppk/s as my next purchase. Like I said I'm a fan of the classics.

I've been taking my super blackhawk to the range with me recently so you wanna talk about recoil? Ugh it's a beast. The only semi auto I own right now is an old Ruger P89. The recoil on that is almost nothing. But it is an all steel gun. I've actually been looking at a walther ppk/s as my next purchase. Like I said I'm a fan of the classics.

You like your P89? I had a P94 but sold it due to it being very picky with ammo and FTE if it wasn't squeaky clean. I had to do interval cleanings with it at the range which is a major downfall. It just was NOT dependable. :mad:

Back