Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When we finally do get cc here in IL I'm probably going to go with either a glock 27, glock 36, or a springfield xds. Again this is all for reliability and the way it would sit in my pocket and the way they feel in my hand. I wouldn't holster my cc gun. It would be in my front pocket.

I carry the same way. I found my Glock 26 too bulky for pocket carry personally.

I carry the same way. I found my Glock 26 too bulky for pocket carry personally.

I'm leaning towards the xds or glock 27. I've handled both and like the way they both feel. Although the glock had a smoother slide release. That may be due to the springfield needing to be broken in though. I also like that the springfield is a 45. Then again the g27 holds more rounds. Decisions decisions

I'm leaning towards the xds or glock 27. I've handled both and like the way they both feel. Although the glock had a smoother slide release. That may be due to the springfield needing to be broken in though. I also like that the springfield is a 45. Then again the g27 holds more rounds. Decisions decisions

I'm rocking the xds right now, iwb holster and you'd never know it's on me. My wife carries a Kimber solo LG in her purse, it's a great pocket/purse pistol. On off days when I'm out and about more I usually carry the G19 or H&K P30, just something about having the extra rounds that comforts me.

Yeah i hear ya man. I would love to try one out before purchasing but all the places that do rentals don't have an xds. Probably because they don't need to rent them because they're so popular right now. Wish I would have gotten one when they first came out. If I wasn't saving for a 460 I might get more but right now that's my holy grail.

I don't know how much ammo you guys have stock piled up but I just keep mine in my safe. If I ever get enough I was considering a stack on safe.

what do you guys use for ammo storage? i've been using those plastic ammo cans you get free from cabela's orders. they're stacked so high that it makes it a pain whenever i need something. i'm thinking of getting this..

https://www.staples.com/Tennsco-Rea...-High-Jumbo-Storage-Cabinets/product_SS977195

https://www.costco.com/Tennsco-Jumbo-Storage-Cabinet-Putty-Steel-TNN-J2478SUPY.product.11676517.html

Shelf Weight Capacity: 400 lb.

I have those too(Winchester brand), and have bulk sealed boxes. I keep most in large plastic totes or on shelves in my storage room. I do need to find better means of storage longterm though.

My 9mm and 44 is in the safe because my kids come over on the weekends. But my 12ga is stacked in the closet. Gun is in safe.

I don't keep enough ammunition on hand to require focused storage for it. So a locked ammo can is sufficient for me.

I don't know why...but I do have this innate need to keep the rounds that I do keep handy in the plastic, caliber specific, storage boxes that can be found at Cabelas or BPS or just about any larger sporting goods store.

I don't keep enough ammunition on hand to require focused storage for it. So a locked ammo can is sufficient for me.

I don't know why...but I do have this innate need to keep the rounds that I do keep handy in the plastic, caliber specific, storage boxes that can be found at Cabelas or BPS or just about any larger sporting goods store.

I'm the same way. I bought a ammo box fled with 500 loose rounds and felt the need to take them all out and put them in 100 round plastic storage boxes. I did find out they gave me two extra rounds when I did though, lol

I'm the same way. I bought a ammo box fled with 500 loose rounds and felt the need to take them all out and put them in 100 round plastic storage boxes. I did find out they gave me two extra rounds when I did though, lol

LOL...yeah, they always seem to get an extra round or two into those bulk packages...cool except for the fact that they end up floating around until I go out and shoot some.

I need a good side to side flip mount for a tactical magnifier. Can anyone suggest where I can buy a good quality one?

Just finished this build. It's an Accuracy International AX308, with a Steiner 5-25X56 tactical scope, AI one piece mount, 21" barrel with a thunderbeast 30ba brake (ordered a 338BA Thunderbeast back in early January), Atlas Bipod, Accuracy 1st anti-cant device. It took about 4 months to get this all together but I think it is worth it. Can't wait to go shooting!!

Just finished this build. It's an Accuracy International AX308, with a Steiner 5-25X56 tactical scope, AI one piece mount, 21" barrel with a thunderbeast 30ba brake (ordered a 338BA Thunderbeast back in early January), Atlas Bipod, Accuracy 1st anti-cant device. It took about 4 months to get this all together but I think it is worth it. Can't wait to go shooting!!

:clap

Looking good! Let's us know how it shoots.

That assault rifle is just ridiculous. I think it's over kill. Why does anyone need a rifle like that? It's just unnecessary.........

Ahhhh who am I kidding? That rifle is just awesome!! I'm sporting green man. With envy.

:clap

Looking good! Let's us know how it shoots.

Thanks man. I will but I am afraid I won't be able to do this rifle justice. I can shoot 1 MOA on a good day but this is a .25 MOA gun. Basically, I am not worthy, but I have wanted one for years and sold off three of my guns to pay for it :). It just has to stop raining here so I can shoot!! Thanks again.

That assault rifle is just ridiculous. I think it's over kill. Why does anyone need a rifle like that? It's just unnecessary.........

Ahhhh who am I kidding? That rifle is just awesome!! I'm sporting green man. With envy.

Lol. You had me going!!!! I was going WTF then I got to the end and just chuckled. Thanks man. Right now it's just practicing my trigger pull with snap caps until it stops raining :(. It's gonna be fun to shoot. If anyone local to atlanta wants to go shooting, hit me up.

Back