Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was told that the inox was a bit harder to maintain from a gun shop owner. I also was told by another that stainless steel is also harder to maintain vs blued when I was buying my 1911 pistol. Maybe someone here with experience in both can chime in.

I myself would get the regular 92fs, I guess it's preference.

I collect airsoft guns, especially ones mostly used in movies/video games. Some people ask why don't I just buy real guns. Well since I like all the famous models and not variations of those models, real guns of the following will cost me upwards of $250k (for example, a SR25 cost about 7k, a HK416 around 3k, and 1911s around 1k each). Airsoft is the much cheaper option:)

I just got into Hot Toys, so I am letting some of my collection go, but I am definitely keeping all the sweet ones:)-

Enjoy the photos!

Tokyo Mauri M4 SOPMOD as seen in Metal gear solid and many other movies.

IMG_0949.jpg

We-tech HK416 as seen in Terminator Salvation

IMG_1569.jpg

G&P Sr-25

IMG_1073.jpg

Ares DSR-1

IMG_1074.jpg

M14

IMG_0919.jpg

M14 SOPMOD as seen in "24" season 8

IMG_1050.jpg

Ares AWP .338 as seen in Counterstrike PC game

IMG_1059.jpg

Tokyo Mauri Custom Desert Eagle
IMG_1022.jpg

We-tech Cutlass M9 from Japanese Anime Black Lagoon

IMG_1027.jpg

We-Tech M14 EBR as seen in Cat____ One

IMG_0910.jpg

H&K USP and Glock 17

IMG_1016.jpg

Sig 226 and M9 Elite (both from Counterstrike)

IMG_1018.jpg

Some Tokyo Marui AK 74s, Aug, and Wetech G36C

IMG_1010.jpg

Dual Silver 1911s

IMG_1014.jpg

Auto Fire machine pistols (Glock 18c and M93r)

IMG_1015.jpg

MP5SD6, Real Sword SVD
IMG_1009.jpg

KSC Mp7A1(As seen in ZombieLand and "24") and MP9 (As seen in the "The International)

IMG_1006.jpg

Did my first bit of browsing for a sniper rifle and assault rifle at a gun show this weekend. All of my previous trips had been for handguns, so I never looked much at either. I think a good customized AR-15 or similar rifle may be my next purchase.

I liked the HK416 ... but it was really expensive, and I'm not even sure if a semi-auto version exists (I didn't bother asking). Any brand recommendations? I've heard Stag Arms and Knights Armament are good ... but that's just hearsay.

Looking for something with quad rails ... not sure whether to go with the .308, 30-06 or 5.56 NATO caliber. Get a good enough scope and a bipod, and I might be able to use it for sniping practice anyway. I don't think I want an AK or anything in the 7.62 round at the moment. The AR15 models have some cool gizmos -- really liked the foregrips and holographic sights. Never messed with holographic sights before ... quite impressive.

SnakeDoc

Did my first bit of browsing for a sniper rifle and assault rifle at a gun show this weekend. All of my previous trips had been for handguns, so I never looked much at either. I think a good customized AR-15 or similar rifle may be my next purchase.

I liked the HK416 ... but it was really expensive, and I'm not even sure if a semi-auto version exists (I didn't bother asking). Any brand recommendations? I've heard Stag Arms and Knights Armament are good ... but that's just hearsay.

They are on somewhat the two ends of the spectrum; KAC is about as good as it gets, while Stag is a somewhat more lower end brand. For the price you would pay for Stag, etc; you would be better off with either a Daniel Defense or BCM (Bravo Company). With Bravo Company specifically you can essentially customize your upper, or maybe in your case keep it basic until you really know what you want. That way all you would need to do it purchase an assembled lower, or BCM sells complete lowers as well.

:wave

Looking for something with quad rails ... not sure whether to go with the .308, 30-06 or 5.56 NATO caliber. Get a good enough scope and a bipod, and I might be able to use it for sniping practice anyway. I don't think I want an AK or anything in the 7.2 round at the moment. The AR15 models have some cool gizmos -- really liked the foregrips and holographic sights. Never messed with holographic sights before ... quite impressive.

SnakeDoc

HK MR556, I want one
Or if you want a 7.62/.308 there is the new MR762

Anyone ever heard or used Frog Lube for their firearms?

I use it for all of my hand guns. Works pretty well, and it's pretty easy to maintain. Once you do the break-in coat and get a couple cycles throughout it cleaning is a breeze. I just wipe mine off with those microfiber towels that are for car detailing. Use some of the liquid lube for cleaning out barrels and it's easy-breezy.

I use it for all of my hand guns. Works pretty well, and it's pretty easy to maintain. Once you do the break-in coat and get a couple cycles throughout it cleaning is a breeze. I just wipe mine off with those microfiber towels that are for car detailing. Use some of the liquid lube for cleaning out barrels and it's easy-breezy.

Good to hear, I just purchased the kit with the liquid bottle and paste bottle with brush and microfiber towel.

Do you heat up the metal parts with a hairdrier before applying or do you just apply it?

Back