Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you guys haven't already, check out Recoil magazine. Lots of good content an photos by Shin Tanaka, who's a great shooter of cameras and guns.

Here's a photo I took as soon as I got the mag.
MG8882a-L.jpg

I put a few rounds (only 50) through each of my Berettas at the range last night. I am quite happy with them. I was going to post pictures of my targets, but I didn't want to brag :eek:.

(despite the fact that I am happy with them, there will be a little more getting used to them:))

I actually did a little better than I thought I would with the subcompact Storm at 25 yards, though.

i always loved that sub-compact px4! very nice! i hope the decocker levers don't protrude like the full size ones. i will have to someday upgrade mine to the "stealth" levers. i wish i had either type 'C' or 'D' models.

post up that target man!

speaking of targets.. i print these targets at my work's color printers. :D

https://targetz.com/targets01.htm

i always loved that sub-compact px4! very nice! i hope the decocker levers don't protrude like the full size ones. i will have to someday upgrade mine to the "stealth" levers. i wish i had either type 'C' or 'D' models.

post up that target man!

speaking of targets.. i print these targets at my work's color printers. :D

https://targetz.com/targets01.htm

Thanks for the link with those targets! Very cool!

I have always been kind of a joker, so maybe I will post pics of those targets. If they don't make some people laugh...nothing will.:)

It is amazing how fast I went from "hate" to "love" with that PX4. I am thrilled that it is on the list for Cali as I have to go back there for a job for about 4 months, starting in a couple of weeks. I will be getting a lot of time to put rounds through it.

Edit - I just re-read my previous post and wanted to make sure that everyone got that I was making fun of myself for not shooting very well.

Edit 2 - I have not compared it to the ful size model, but the decocking lever is very pronounced on the subcompact. I'll get a picture up as soon as I get home, tonight.

Last edited:
Well...this is interesting.

I have been contemplating swapping out the stock on my Stoeger Double Defense coach gun with a bird's head grip. Now, of course, I am having a lot of trouble finding one for that shotgun. I am likely to have to have it custom-made.

While I was at the gun show this past weekend, I stumbled across a bird's head grip, but not for my DD. To make a long story short, I just found out that that the one I bought is for a Remington 870.

Now I can't wait to get home tonight and see if it fits MY 870. There are different designs of that shotgun.

Here is a shot of the one I found.

DSC02032.jpg

i got my safe delivered and installed on friday. it took a couple of big guys to bring it in. unfortunately it wasn't as stealthly as i would have liked it. lol. it was garbage/recycle day and the garbagemen got a nice peek at my safe. oh well. home invaders beware. ;)

here's a few pics of it.

P1050984.jpg

P1050983.jpg

P1050980.jpg

Last edited:
here's some final pics. my pistols are laying on their sides for now until i can get a proper gun rack.

P1060008.jpg

P1060007.jpg

P1060006.jpg

P1060005.jpg

P1060004.jpg

P1060003.jpg

P1060002.jpg

P1060001.jpg

P1050999.jpg

P1060009.jpg

Nice safe. That's a hell of a stash. How'd you manage to get all that stuff into California? Heh.

SnakeDoc

Back