Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't got big hands also but the HK45 felt nice in my hands, I was gonna pick up another .45 maybe XDM45 or M&P45 in compact but I think I'll invest in H&K again. Any thoughts?

Found a MK24 Mod0 for $1124 suppressor not included. I'm slowly getting away from Hot Toys but still spending big cheese:slap

hk45c-mk-24-mod-0-b.jpg

I finally got around to the range on Sunday. The Five Seven shoots beautifully. Just needed to get used to the full sized gun as I'm accustomed to shooting my Glock 19 so much. Next time I take it out I'm thinking about wandering over to the rifle range to put some rounds out to 50 and 75 yards.

I completely realize that this is an indulgence. I have always liked the coach guns. I know they have (extremely) limited tactical advantage. But I like them a lot. And Stoeger added picatinny rails to both the underside and the top (which I see zero use for). Adding a light to the bottom makes great sense to me and I will do that soon.

I actually tried an AFG to the underside rails. Too far forward and didn't work.

But I thank Stoeger for making the the matte black "tactical" coach gun. I like it a lot.

Edit - And if anyone can tell me where to get a bird's head grip for this shotgun, I would be much obliged. (Edit - Considering that the trigger is part of the grip...the bird's head would have to be pretty involved).

DSC01905.jpg

Last edited:
What's the difference between the Mk24 and a standard HK45c? Threaded barrel for a suppressor?

SnakeDoc

-extended threaded barrel
-meprolights night sights
-10rds mag vs 8rds mag
-Detent plate to change from variant 1 to variant 3
(v1=safety/decocker lever v3=decocker lever only) you can purchase HK45ct in both variants. SEALs uses the v3

HK45c out of the box is already sweet, HK just replaced those 4 parts and called it a tactical model. You can also buy those parts separate but it will be around $500 just for the parts.

-extended threaded barrel
-meprolights night sights
-10rds mag vs 8rds mag
-Detent plate to change from variant 1 to variant 3
(v1=safety/decocker lever v3=decocker lever only) you can purchase HK45ct in both variants. SEALs uses the v3

HK45c out of the box is already sweet, HK just replaced those 4 parts and called it a tactical model. You can also buy those parts separate but it will be around $500 just for the parts.

I carry an HK P30. Best 9mm weapon I've ever fired. I've become a bit of an HK devotee as a result.

Been thinking about getting a full size HK45 ... never really considered the HK45c, though. Is there a similar tactical version of the full size HK45?

SnakeDoc

I carry an HK P30. Best 9mm weapon I've ever fired. I've become a bit of an HK devotee as a result.

Been thinking about getting a full size HK45 ... never really considered the HK45c, though. Is there a similar tactical version of the full size HK45?

SnakeDoc

Im not 100% sure, I hear HK is working on a tactical and also they will not be making one for the full size. SEALs requested for a tactical model from the HK45c. But here is a site that has a drop in threaded barrel for the HK45
https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK45-Parts-c212.htm

I got both HK45 and HK45ct. I read the P30 has the same ergonomics as the HK45.

The cool thing if you buy a HK45c it that you got the option to swap out the barrel with a extended threaded barrel and replacing the 8rds mag to a extended 10rds mag and vice versa and you sort of now have a full size pistol, something the SEALs maybe doing.

There is also the USP45ct, USP45t and so forth as you probably already know but the usp tacticals comes with match trigger. The Hk45s doesn't have them just a kit to make it a LEM. Both HK45s comes with the o-ring barrel.

I just joined HKpro and they got a lot of knowledge there. They also got awesome deals, that's where I picked up my HK45ct.

I was also looking at the P30 vs P226 MK25, most likely I will be getting the P226 because I want a sig in my collection.

Besides collecting 1/6 RE figures.

My gun collection:

281849_2066421494916_1076143657_31947437_108787_n.jpg

Saiga 12, Uberti .45 LC, Springfield 1911 Ultra Compact, Diamondback Arms DB380, Lancaster Arms AK47 and Glock 23 x2.

thanks!

no P226 but i do own a P220 Combat. it was my first gun. no problems with it at all. very happy with the quality on it.

i'm planning on getting a Beretta M9 next. it's the US military issued one. not the 92FS.

Is your P220 German or US made? I also was looking at a P220 but ended up with the HK45.

The M9 is sweet, I got a expert qualification with that through the military.

I read that the 2 guns for the military contracts were the M9 and p226. M9 was chosen due to cheaper cost of the package which included spare parts, SEALs opt with the P226. Those 2 are work horses.

the frame is made in Germany. slide is Exeter, NH, USA.

HK's are very nice quality. i love both my USP full and compact 45's. magazine prices are a bit more on the pricier side though.

on a side note.. getting SCAR 17 mags have been quite disappointing.

Back