Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Darth how did you make Luke shorter?

I think he's using the Medicom body.

Yeah that's all.

One of my medi troopers had a bust left shoulder (again), so while I was swapping the body out (Thanks for that CrimsonBob!) I thought I'd pop Luke's head on.

Oh I also fitted a spare pair of Sideshow Trooper hands on, the medis are so small! Just had to wrap the pegs in a bit of tefflon tape first.

The head is just resting on and would fall off if you breathed on it, but I like the scale difference on shelf! Just need to figure a way to swap over luke's belt - the medi one is moulded on...

Well, i filled out the SS return/exchange form due to my Han being painted soo badly....I asked if we could just swap heads, but I seriously doubt it!

Me too. I asked to swap both chest armour pieces and one helmet (big chip out of the back).

Have to wait and see...

You know, I really don't know what the complaints are about these figures. My figures look Fantastic!!! I did NOTHING to these out of the box! I swear!
HEADS2-1.jpg
[/IMG]

There we go again with the old bait and switch. They previewed a grinning Han sculpt but that's clearly been changed. Send 'em back.

Now that I've had a chance to look at mine and pose them a little bit, I'm quite fond of them. :)

Anyone else notice that Sideshow heard the critics' complaints about the dull Stormtrooper armor before they had these made? Nice and shiny, mine are.

Keepers. :rock

Hey gang quick question, I measured these figures against the buck and it seems that these bodies are the same height as the short buck. I want to make Han taller, anyone try this or have any body suggestions, the True Type maybe? Will the armor fit properly??

I would imagine the armor will fit. It is quite loose on SSC Stormtroopers after all. If you decide to put the armor on a true type, then be sure to first throw a Han Smuggler or bespin outfit on the body, and take some pictures :p

Somebody did a mod with a TT a while ago and posted it in the Stormies thread. As I recall he said he had to do extensive sanding on the body to make it fit.
Also, I don't think it'll be as tall as the regular buck-bodied Han. TT's are slightly shorter than regular Buck's.

Slightly off topic, but has anyone done a mod to get a buck head onto the armor body? I'm dying to put my ROTS Obi-Wan head on theOb-Wan clone armor body.

Slightly off topic, but has anyone done a mod to get a buck head onto the armor body? I'm dying to put my ROTS Obi-Wan head on theOb-Wan clone armor body.

I don't know how that would work BUT Paul Carson resculpted the Obi Wan clone armor head into an ROTS head and it looks significantly better than the original ROTS Obi. I don't know if he still offers those but it is worth checking out.

TT slim bodies are coimg out soon I ordered two. When I get them I'm going to but the ST armor on it that should work.

Anyone get a response from SS on their set going back? Are they shipping the whole thing or pieces that are issues?

I suspect that the only answer will be: all or nothing, but here's hoping

Back