Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chorus? That is just my opinion. I know that the factory items never looked like the prototypes but here we have a gap that is simply too large.
I mean different body-heights and major improvements were a reason for me to order these. In this case i would go so far and call this false advertisement.

i think it is false advertisement i was sold on the part of them being the proper height not just two stormtrooper figures with different heads but ill wait and see what they look like in hand in that case i should have bought two stormtroopers,a luke and han head from ebay and just done a head swap and called it a day and he said that the bodies were loose not tight like the regular stormtroopers

Yeah, first pics are bad... people freak, later pics are better people are calm.

Luckily I canceled these so I can just sit back on this one :lol

I've learned my lesson and with respect to the poster, those pics were awful....lighting specifically - I shall wait for other pics....the Luke eye is totally jacked up, though....

I wouldn't chicken little over one set of pics. . .

Seriously people, let's just sit back and a wait a bit till we start getting ours before we go off the deep end. Any thoughts on how to make Luke a bit shorter? On that note, (I don't own a SS Sideshow Stormtrooper), but are they shorter than the buck? So if I pose my ANH Solo next to this figure, will there be a height difference?

The best lighting in the world won't fix the height issue which was a deliberate misdirection on Sideshow's part. That really bothers me.

The best lighting in the world won't fix the height issue which was a deliberate misdirection on Sideshow's part. That really bothers me.

You know, if they had made all the figures the same height from the start or had been upfront about it, then fine, maybe, but I have to agree that although not a MAJOR issue, it is a bit upsettingthat we were kind of led to believe they were different heights.

Agreed... But that seems to be the trend--

Anyone else expecting these guys today? Anymore pics on the way?

Exactly. Whine and bail on a piece before you get it and you'll have the luxury about whining about missing out on it and then also whining about picking it up later when it's more expensive. Whine, whine, whine, it's a big emo cycle. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I get mine tomorrow. If Luke looks like Jason Voorhees with an eyeball painted on his cheek, they go back for exchange. That simple. I have faith that their CS will handle it. Otherwise, I play operation and transplant Luke's head to my modified Stormtrooper body to get the height difference. :rock

Which buck is the stormtrooper body the same size? im just trying to work out whether it is Han that needs to be taller or Luke that needs to be shorter.

We'll see this morning when I receive mine. But I do think its funny all these lurkers are new-folk are coming out from under their rocks to naysay. :lol

Anyways, I get mine tomorrow. If Luke looks like Jason Voorhees with an eyeball painted on his cheek, they go back for exchange. That simple. I have faith that their CS will handle it. Otherwise, I play operation and transplant Luke's head to my modified Stormtrooper body to get the height difference. :rock

If you don't mind surgery I'd say remove about 1/4"-1/2" from the thighs of the Luke figure then glue back together. You might get a bit of Monkey arm, but for the most part I think it would be a quick and effective method.

Which buck is the stormtrooper body the same size? im just trying to work out whether it is Han that needs to be taller or Luke that needs to be shorter.

Luke needs to be shorter. The Armor body is about the same height as the standard buck.

Mmmm. I had never considered that. The trooper does seem to be closer to the Small Buck so perhaps all this time we have been barking up the wrong tree.

Han is too short! :lol

If you don't mind surgery I'd say remove about 1/4"-1/2" from the thighs of the Luke figure then glue back together. You might get a bit of Monkey arm, but for the most part I think it would be a quick and effective method.

GB, do you think that the armor will fit properly then?

Anyway to transplant the Luke head onto a Medi Stormtrooper body?... That should give it a good height.

Back