Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, the line in the film wasn't, "Aren't you a little tall for a Stormtrooper?" It's Luke that needs to be short in comparison to the other troopers. As for the legs GB, that's a bit much. Taking out the mid-section abdominal piece and about 1/2in from the barbell holding him together is the best, and easiest route.

I'd post pics but last time I did, every ********* came out of the woodwork to trash-talk them. So forget it. :lol

We'll see this morning when I receive mine. But I do think its funny all these lurkers are new-folk are coming out from under their rocks to naysay. :lol

I'm pretty new to the board but have posted pretty often here and in the Indy section (with a spattering of posts in DC and Marvel) in that time. I'd consider myself an active new member. :peace

Anyway, this section has a really bad reputation around the site, as many of you know, when it comes to complaining. Looking at how this thread has started to twist itself into little more then a ^^^^^ session as soon as a pair of grainy photos were posted I started to take a look at who was posting. There were plenty of posts from members who post daily mixed with others who rarely post. I'm starting to think that the influx of negativity comes from the occasional posting member who pops on, looks at photos in anticipation of the product and then slams it. It's not that regular posting members aren't complaining too and I'm not trying to place the hones on the casual member but am instead pointing out that every product release seems to bring about twice as many naysayers as normal. One example would be the new complaints about height. This was written about over and over when SS first told us there was no difference in body size between the two....now that photos are hitting there's a new wave of confused and pissed off members writing about how they feel duped by SS's photos. Anyway, do I have a point? Not really... But it would be nice to sort through a few less redundant, negative posts.

I'm pretty new to the board but have posted pretty often here and in the Indy section (with a spattering of posts in DC and Marvel) in that time. I'd consider myself an active new member. :peace

Anyway, this section has a really bad reputation around the site, as many of you know, when it comes to complaining. Looking at how this thread has started to twist itself into little more then a ^^^^^ session as soon as a pair of grainy photos were posted I started to take a look at who was posting. There were plenty of posts from members who post daily mixed with others who rarely post. I'm starting to think that the influx of negativity comes from the occasional posting member who pops on, looks at photos in anticipation of the product and then slams it. It's not that regular posting members aren't complaining too and I'm not trying to place the hones on the casual member but am instead pointing out that every product release seems to bring about twice as many naysayers as normal. One example would be the new complaints about height. This was written about over and over when SS first told us there was no difference in body size between the two....now that photos are hitting there's a new wave of confused and pissed off members writing about how they feel duped by SS's photos. Anyway, do I have a point? Not really... But it would be nice to sort through a few less redundant, negative posts.

You forgot to add, "..with no intention of ever buying it in the first place!"

You forgot to add, "..with no intention of ever buying it in the first place!"

100% with you on that.

I know a few of you had been saying more or less what I just wrote but I wanted to get that off my chest. :mad: Guess I'm not quite comfortable writing "shut the ^^^^ up, whiney ass ^^^^^es".... But it would have been easier. :lol

I get mine tomorrow. As long as I don't have eyes painted on noses I'll be happy. I expected these to require the same mods as the standard ST, so no surprise there.

Mine should arrive tomorrow and I've learned from past experience to not judge too much by the first couple of sets of pictures. To me a lot of the figures look much better in person than in photos.

I do appreciate the people who take the pics it makes the wait a little bit easier . . . . it at least gives me stuff to look at while i wait.

Right on Superdoug. Honestly, the only people that can make a definitive review on any of these figures are people that actually have them in hand (or at least seen them). Sure, there are obvious things, like that wonky eye on Luke, that can be plainly observed in pics, but for the most part these figures almost always look better in person than in even the best photos. I have passed on a few figures only to pick them up later after seeing them in person. Anyway, I will let you know how my Han and Luke turn out tomorrow...can't wait!

GB, do you think that the armor will fit properly then?

Might be a bit off... that's why I'd probably go with less than more. But he is short for a stormtrooper so the armor should fit a little odd.

I put the Marmit Kit on a short Buck and it looked fine. A little tighter fitting (less space between joints) but looked good.

This is why i don't preorder ANYTHING from SS anymore.

LukesEye.jpg

That's just plain inexcusable.

Might be a bit off... that's why I'd probably go with less than more. But he is short for a stormtrooper so the armor should fit a little odd.

I put the Marmit Kit on a short Buck and it looked fine. A little tighter fitting (less space between joints) but looked good.

I'll give that a try too. I've got a short buck sitting around as well as a Marmit.

Got mine...

1) Paint apps are GREAT. (I guess everyone is entitled to contract Chicken Little Syndrome once).
2) The Ankles are tight(er) but not as tight as I like them.
3) The elbows are LOOSE (way too loose)
4) The chest armor is velcro'd to the body.
5) The inside of the helmets are nicelt detailed and have a bit of "heft" to them.
6) The head comes off too easy.0989
7) The armor is glossier than the stormies.

Last edited:
Got mine...

1) Paint apps are GREAT. (I guess everyone is entitled to contract Chicken Little Syndrome once).
2) The Ankles are tight(er) but not as tight as I like them.
3) The elbows are LOOSE (way too loose)
4) The chest armor is velcro'd to the body.
5) The inside of the helmets are nicelt detailed and have a bit of "heft" to them.
6) The head comes off too easy.0989
7) The armor is glossier than the stormies.

so is it that han is short or luke is tall ha ha and i trust you if you say these look great then i guess they look great

Back