Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you get charged the same day it goes out. At any rate the two events will occur very closely together.

I plan to repaint these. I can't miss out on Trevor's sculpts. But Sideshow really is overcharging for what we are getting.

well what about the people that can't just repaint these if mine are screwed im sending it back and i really want these so i hope they are not ha ha

I received my Han and Luke today and first I've got to say this is the best Han head sculpt to date. On the other hand the preview and proto pics showed that the height of the two was accurate, with Luke being shorter than Han. As you can see from my pics, they are both the same exact height.

HanLuke.jpg

So WTF!!! Non-attendees get them before the Con even starts, and I still have to go get mine? BS, man.

And WTF is up with the lack of pics, samueljd. You have the first, so you owe it to the rest of us to pic the hell out of this thread with your figures. Bring it on. I want to know if I will be flipping these on eBay after all.

Does sideshow charge you for the figures before they get sent out? If so, will your item ship shortly after being charged? This is my first time preordering with them.

I usually get the shipping notice the night before I get the figure, and the day after I get it, it shows up on my card.

well what about the people that can't just repaint these if mine are screwed im sending it back and i really want these so i hope they are not ha ha

There are a few of us who like to make a little extra money perfecting peoples figures for them, you know.

I don't guess Sideshow is ever going to get their factory paint apps. sorted. It's always a crapshoot with them.

Face it: They just used the regular Stormtrooper body and put the new heads on it. The heads seem to be extremly poor painted. Long ago (hasbro-times) that i saw such a cheapass release.

What's with all these low post count users expressing extreme negativity towards Sideshow over one picture? I agree that the picture looks horrible, but where did the chorus come from?

Chorus? That is just my opinion. I know that the factory items never looked like the prototypes but here we have a gap that is simply too large.
I mean different body-heights and major improvements were a reason for me to order these. In this case i would go so far and call this false advertisement.

That paint app is nasty, but I hope this is a one off... the irony is that it's the first in hand and it looks so bad!

Can you imagine paying 200+$ and coming home and opening that?

If this is a fluke we'll see. If it's not SS has problems.

So WTF!!! Non-attendees get them before the Con even starts, and I still have to go get mine? BS, man.

And WTF is up with the lack of pics, samueljd. You have the first, so you owe it to the rest of us to pic the hell out of this thread with your figures. Bring it on. I want to know if I will be flipping these on eBay after all.

Sorry SilentSurfer, I figured my pics gave the brief overview of things. I have crappy lighting in my apartment, so I didn't want to try to take too many pics. Just wanted to show the height and messed up eyeballs. The only thing new with these guys is the heads, helmets, and a couple small accessories.

Back