Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cannot believe the paint is so sloppy that the iris isn't even fully inside the eye. That's ridiculous. SSC might not be charging exactly the same as HT but it's damn close enough to warrent better quality control and well... just quality overall.

Well, let's not get too upset yet. This one could be an anomaly. I certainly hope it is.

The hair looks VERY muddy to me, like someone who is just learning to paint. That's the most glaringly bad thing to me aside from the eye.

the height and the paint for me really the height oh yeah and that its loose if its the same body as the regular stromtrooper why is it different

I never even notice the doll dot unless I'm looking really closely at my figures. And that's only when I dust.

Besides, did we get confirmation there's two dots (I cannot recall) because it looks like the one on top in the lazy eye moved from one shot to another. In the first it's more to the left and in the natural light it looks more to the right. But maybe I'm mistaken.

I hope it's a fluke myself, but i dunno man. God i would be pissed paying that much and getting that. SS just ripped you off, for sure get a refund or replacement depending on what others look like.

I feel your pain man.

Last edited:
Yeah I'll be very disappointed if that lazy eye is on mine (and I'll feel bad for everyone else if it is a common problem). I can deal with a lazy eye if it isn't noticeable from a relatively resonable distance, but that stands out like a sore thumb. It was one of the first things I noticed in the picture.

Sideshow always has this problem with their figures where even if both pupils are heading in the same direction the eyes have this horrible transfixed dead look to them. It's no freak accident that my favorite SSC figure is Asajj Ventress... a character with no pupils.

I'll check things out for the next couple days and see how the other ones turn out.

Here's another pic of Luke's eyes in the natural light:

LukesEye.jpg

In addition to the lazy eye, the whites of one of the eyes is brown. I really hope this is just a really bad mess up.

Does sideshow charge you for the figures before they get sent out? If so, will your item ship shortly after being charged? This is my first time preordering with them.

Back