Han in Carbonite 1/6!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jabba's Palace is my favorite scene in the whole saga so I'm happy as a clam when they add to it. V+Bring on the Rebo Band and the Rancor!

I'm glad I haven't put together the 2.0 version of my Jabba display after moving so I can allow for adding this piece into it....

Rancor in 1/6 =:google:google:lol Flex pay 4 me on this!!:lol It would be like 4 feet tall!! Bring it!!!!!!:rock:rock:rock

Embrace your slug love! We can form a support group! :rotfl

I've often said I want to be just like Jabba when I'm as old as he is (about 1000 years or so). ;D

I embrace it, but I'm a bit of a snob about Jabba stuff, unless it's cheap, I really go for accurracy, which is why I passed on GG's setup, and sadly when it was like half off I didn't have the funds at the time to get it or I would have for that price, but the whole SSC Jabba lineup is great, Jabba's been up beside me at my desk since February 06, there to enjoy anytime I want to turn around, there his fat ass is, first thing i see walking into my room too.

This is awesome news I will definitely be picking this one up and replacing the Hasbro one

The addition of the wall just makes this even sweeter :banana

I bet it comes with the back wall if it is shown in the preview picture. If you compare the movie still and the preview pic it looks like they condensed the width of the wall a bit from the real environment. The control box is closer and the girder things go behind the block and are closer together. But the preview pic could be deceiving.
103008carbonite_01.jpg

103008carbonite_02.jpg

Looking at the film still and then the preview picture, it's easy to assume what you're saying could be the case....

But to my eye, the preview picture has a "composite" feel to it. In other words, I think that the Slab is an overlay (and in sharper focus) than the small section of wall we get a glimpse of here.

I don't know....I'm waiting to see if this is a real "bells & whistles" piece featuring lights and other possible accessories and...how much this thing will be. I'm not throwing my idea out for a price...folks have already hit way too high for my taste....

And...I think those expecting poly for the piece could be right for another reason...if this is meant as a companion piece to the Throne environment, anything cast in plastic just would not match the look of the throne, with it's great texture and unique finish...it would look cheap next to it.

That said...I am also out of room for more big pieces (it's what's kept me out of the PF game, despite some very cool offerings)....

Nice piece & could be the first non figure I'd buy from SS, I hope it's separate or alone, as a standalone piece it would look great with Boussh or Boba Fett (Hint!)

That image is definitely not the final piece since the slab is higher than the top edge of the wall prop. Question is, is the slab just composited like that to show it off and a little of the wall, just as much as they want to have seen, or is it because it's meant to show the slab is not connected to the wall permanently. I imagine we'll know come Thursday, no PPO, my guess is it just goes up for order with the newsletter. Seems like PPOs are being reserved for really special pieces these days. There was a time no SW 1/6 would be sold without a PPO.

Looking at the film still and then the preview picture, it's easy to assume what you're saying could be the case....

But to my eye, the preview picture has a "composite" feel to it. In other words, I think that the Slab is an overlay (and in sharper focus) than the small section of wall we get a glimpse of here.

You could be right it does look composite, but at this point we can only go by the pic shown.

I'd be all over a 1/6 Rancor... sure I have no place to display him, but I'd figure something out!

Rancor is my all-time favorite SW monster! I remember just being blown away by him when I saw ROTJ at the Drive-in as a kid :rock

I thought the response to this announcement has been unanimously positive. Wonder was this what Sideshow had expected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back