Han in Carbonite 1/6!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if we go via that link then go to the flex pay version ?

Or do we need a separate link for Flex Pay ?

No, that's fine. As long as you click the Affiliate link first anything you go to/order while that browser is open under that cookie will credit SSF.

I ordered one, but I don't like the price. I have the Jabba set up so that's why I am into this

Thanks for sharing the images JustinLuck.

I am rather disappointed Sideshow did a simplified piece instead of an exact duplication, as illustrated in the attached images.

I thought even if the wall is not as broad, shouldn't the control panel on the wall be in its rightful position, further away from Han.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the images JustinLuck.

I am rather disappointed Sideshow did a simplified piece instead of an exact duplication, as illustrated in the attached images.

I thought even if the wall is not as broad, shouln't the control panel on the wall be in its rightful position, further away from Han.

Stop and think for a second. The piece is big enough already (arguably a little TOO big) at just over a foot-and-a-half high and almost a foot wide. Any more than that, especially for a 12" display and you're really limiting who'll buy this.

Stop and think for a second. The piece is big enough already (arguably a little TOO big) at just over a foot-and-a-half high and almost a foot wide. Any more than that, especially for a 12" display and you're really limiting who'll buy this.

You are right, then I should only ask for the control panel to be in the correct place. Hah hah.:D

You are right, then I should only ask for the control panel to be in the correct place. Hah hah.:D

Sadly, bub, there ain't even really enough room on the dio for that. Look at the reference pic you posted. It'd be right on the edge of the display and then, only half of it. I'd rather have it there, where it is now, regardless of "accuracy" to break up the background, than just have the blank wall. Besides, it gives you something for Boussh to reach for, which I'm sure, was the intent. Which also puts Boussh/Leia's head, in just about THAT area. :naughty

Sadly, bub, there ain't even really enough room on the dio for that. Look at the reference pic you posted. It'd be right on the edge of the display and then, only half of it. I'd rather have it there, where it is now, regardless of "accuracy" to break up the background, than just have the blank wall. Besides, it gives you something for Boussh to reach for, which I'm sure, was the intent. Which also puts Boussh/Leia's head, in just about THAT area. :naughty

I do agree what Sideshow offer us is more like a beautiful stand alone display (with Boussh), rather than an enlarged Hasbro playset that I had in mind. Hah hah.:lol

I do agree what Sideshow offer us is more like a beautiful stand alone display (with Boussh), rather than an enlarged Hasbro playset that I had in mind. Hah hah.:lol

You hit the nail on the head right there. Essentially, as the throne was for Jabba, this is a $199 polystone display base for Boussh. Though not quite as necessary.

Maybe not as neccassary but it is impressive in size and in detail will look good with boussh and the eventual boba fett because we know he is on his way right?

Maybe not as neccassary but it is impressive in size and in detail will look good with boussh and the eventual boba fett because we know he is on his way right?

I never put down the quality of the piece, it's marvelous. However, IMO I think most 12" collectors will find it a tad TOO big with a great many who buy it, opening it up and thinking, "Great. This is awesome, simply amazing, but WTF, where the hell am I gonna put it?!" As for Boba, seeing is believing. :rotfl

I never put down the quality of the piece, it's marvelous. However, IMO I think most 12" collectors will find it a tad TOO big with a great many who buy it, opening it up and thinking, "Great. This is awesome, simply amazing, but WTF, where the hell am I gonna put it?!" As for Boba, seeing is believing. :rotfl

Yeah, if I end up not buying this piece, it will be for display space alone. I want it, I have the money, but do I have the space?

I mean, its bigger than a PF?!?! Wow, simply awesome.

Ordered it as Im into SS's Jabba offerings, but has been said already ! Where TF am I gonna put it ?

I built a custom cab just to accomodate the depth of the Jabba throne and display it with my other figures !

Now I need to build a second one to be able to accomodate the height of this !

Im guessing in the iterim its a custom shelf for this displayed with Boba and a goon - weequay etc

or Boosh and my custom Lando (possibly) on the display

Im buying it based on the idea that eventually jabba and han carbo will share the same cab and some type of custom wall to join the 2 dios together

My luck though, Ill just finish it and they will announce the Max Rebo 12 inch enviroment and I wont have enough room again (note to self make the next cab just 1 shelf the size of a room, just in case)

My luck though, Ill just finish it and they will announce the Max Rebo 12 inch enviroment

I've just ordered it as I have been able (thanks to a VERY patient trigger finger) to complete the main Jabba display for 150.00 (Jabba, Throne & Crumb) and as I already had Boush, Bib, Bubo & Luke have been able to allocate a whole section of my display room just to the Jabba's palace Diorama so it's very welcome.

I'd love to see Mex Rebo & The Band in a couple of years and a slave leia to top it all off.

I think that it's a bit pricey but there you go. Unless Forbidden Planet or Play.com stock it them I'm stuck.

Its $50 too much and about 4"-6" too small. As much as it pains me, I may pass on this. Sans polystone, I think I can make a better background myself.

With this price is a pass for me. And I thought of getting it even if not fitting my Imperials focus. :rolleyes:

Where, if you don't mind me asking, did you get a cheap throne from?

Cheers,
Doug

I've just ordered it as I have been able (thanks to a VERY patient trigger finger) to complete the main Jabba display for 150.00 (Jabba, Throne & Crumb) and as I already had Boush, Bib, Bubo & Luke have been able to allocate a whole section of my display room just to the Jabba's palace Diorama so it's very welcome.

I'd love to see Mex Rebo & The Band in a couple of years and a slave leia to top it all off.

I think that it's a bit pricey but there you go. Unless Forbidden Planet or Play.com stock it them I'm stuck.

I think SSC made a mistake not doing this as a 2 parter like Pix came up with.

Even at $200 total, they should have done something like $120 for Han and $80 more for the back drop. I think they would have captured a bigger audience by giving people an option to skip on the background.

I see potential for repros on the Han big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back