Han in Carbonite 1/6!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing Jabba drop down to $89, I think I will take a wait and see approach. I think it looks great but space and price are both a little prohibitive for me.

Even at $200 total, they should have done something like $120 for Han and $80 more for the back drop. I think they would have captured a bigger audience by giving people an option to skip on the background.

I agree. I am getting it but I think a lot of people would have loved just getting Han.

I own Jabba, his throne, Boussh, Bib...

....and this is an easy pass. $200? No light up features at all?

I'll stick with my Hasbro version unless I can get this at half price.

I hate to say it... but I hope Hot Toys gets a Star Wars license soon. I think they could have blown this out of the park.

I was thinking about the size of this piece this morning, this thing'll probably occuppy roughly the same space as a 1:1 bust :google Still getting it, but in my current living conditions, not sure where it'll go, possibly the wall will stay in the box for now and just put the slab out on display.

It's a damn shame that Sideshow didn't put any lights whatsoever on this piece. Seems like a HUGE oversight to me.

Agreed, but given some feedback here where size and cost, regardless of lights, seem to be deterring folks from buying, I wonder if Sideshow decided they wanted to make this piece, but felt a need to leave out cost raising niceties for the sake of making sure it sells.

IMHO, if you're going to do something like this you need to go all-out and make it as detailed as possible. I personally would have had a much easier time paying $250 for this thing with all the lights than $200 without.

It's a damn shame that Sideshow didn't put any lights whatsoever on this piece. Seems like a HUGE oversight to me.

Well,maybe the next company in line to get the SW 1/6" license will put lights in it.. Or they could be saving that for the 1/4 scale han in carbonite.:lol

Either way,it works out better for LFL.Mo money Mo money

I was thinking about the size of this piece this morning, this thing'll probably occuppy roughly the same space as a 1:1 bust :google Still getting it, but in my current living conditions, not sure where it'll go, possibly the wall will stay in the box for now and just put the slab out on display.

The size alone makes this a must pass for me. Jabba, throne, and friends fit perfectly in my display now. I barely have room for Han alone, certainly not for something that size. Oh well. I guess I'll just track down a Hasbro version :monkey2

They should have done the walls as an exclusive (maybe ES of 500) at $200 with the just the block as the regular (ES of 3000) at $80.

They should have done the walls as an exclusive (maybe ES of 500) at $200 with the just the block as the regular (ES of 3000) at $80.

No kidding. Did they really think many people had the extra room for this yet alone would be willing to pay 2 bills for it?

Sometimes I really question the decision making process at SS. I'd like to offer my consulting services if anyone is reading. I think you need a fan/collector's perspective.

While I agree in principle, I think you have it reversed. The wall is too plain to be $120. I think the bulk of the work went into the block and thus should be $120 and the wall $80.

No kidding. Did they really think many people had the extra room for this yet alone would be willing to pay 2 bills for it?

Sometimes I really question the decision making process at SS. I'd like to offer my consulting services if anyone is reading. I think you need a fan/collector's perspective.

I'm not sure what you think they should have done regarding the size, make it even smaller? Its already undersized. 18"x10" is not very big. I think it should have been about 20"x16".

I stared at this for about an hour last night, going back and forth why I should order it and why I shouldnt. Then I caved and order it :lol

What a ****** bag.

The only thing really making me want to not get it the size. I really have freakin' space :monkey4 18 " tall is like a freakin premium format.

I guess I have a few months to make space :lol I just couldn't say no, I have no will power.

Again I say, what a ****** bag :eek:

If it was only the carbonite block for $100, I'd be all over it. But for the price and size, I can't justify it.

I always thought it was more iconic in the Freeze Chamber than Jabba's palace but I appreciate SSC building out the Jabba diorama as wide as possible.

And if Hot Toys produced this it would probably cost $600 :p

Good thing I don't have Jabba or his dais, so this would be easy for me to pass.

I am making this the center of my attention. I sold my Jabba, Bib, et al (except Leia as Boushh) for this express purpose.

I absolutely love it, and I preordered it in seconds...but there's a sick feeling in my stomach when I think about the price. I may be in the minority here, but I simply don't understand the obsession SSC has with using expensive (and fragile) polystone material when this could have been accomplished in a lighter/durable plastic with nice paint for a fraction of the cost. This was the same problem I had with Jabba's throne. My giant vinyl slug didn't exactly need a ridiculously heavy and fragile polystone slab to rest on. This same look can easily be achieved with plastic and a great paint job. :sigh: Yeah, yeah, this is "high end" and all, yadda yadda. Weight doesn't equal great to me. This DID NOT need to be $200.

And if Hot Toys produced this it would probably cost $600 :p

Wrong. Hot Toys actually produces stuff relatively cheaper for the consumer than Sideshow, who themselves admitted at SDCC that if they had made the upcoming 1/6 Batman Tumbler it would probably be at least $1000.

If Hot Toys made this Carbonite Block it would likely be the same price but would include all the lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back