Han in Carbonite 1/6!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm.. i think once it gets released and get some exposure i can see people jumping back into buying it once. They see it displayed with leia... I have the whole setup too and im really pondering about this one. Real pics will make or break this purchase for me.

Hmmm.. i think once it gets released and get some exposure i can see people jumping back into buying it once. They see it displayed with leia... I have the whole setup too and im really pondering about this one. Real pics will make or break this purchase for me.

YEAH! We need pics from SSC of the whole deal. I can't imagine.

As I said in the "How Much..." thread, I don't really understand the price point. $199? The Ex Belloq with fertility idol and temple alter, which is fairly large itself and equally detailed, is only $140 and actually comes with a metal idol and a $100 figure on the Prometheus with all his accessories. Is this really worth $60 more? It seems like you're getting less.

Overpriced? perhaps...Too big?! Gimme a ^^^^in break!:cool: If was too small the ^^^^^in would start there too...SS, HT and others can't win with some people...
Personally, i think it looks great and with the rest of the set up, be part of an awesome whole.
I bought this without a second thought FOR REAL

Just a quick PS fix....
to give us an idea... :cool:

Jabba.jpg

I don't have the Jabba setup, so this wasn't a must-get for me. I do have the Leia as Boussh so I was hoping I could display her with the carbonite Han in a nice setup. But at 200 beans, Leia is remaining alone.

As someone has mentioned already, this could have been done in a lightweight plastic for a fraction of the cost AND have included the lights.

I love the way it looks and it will make a very cool display but it's not worth it for me, having just the Boussh figure.

I've got the Hasbro Carbo-Han stashed somewhere in the closet, so I'll just look for that one, display it with Boussh and call it a day.

As someone has mentioned already, this could have been done in a lightweight plastic for a fraction of the cost AND have included the lights.

I love the way it looks and it will make a very cool display but it's not worth it for me, having just the Boussh figure.

I've got the Hasbro Carbo-Han stashed somewhere in the closet, so I'll just look for that one, display it with Boussh and call it a day.

The flimsy Hasbro one is sitting in everyone's closet. Thats exactly why I'm glad SSC didn't go that route...light up feature or no.

I'm glad they didn't go cheap, but its still a U.S.Grant too high.

It would have been nice to just get the slab with lights.

A big LOL to those that think sideshow would make a millenium falcon cockpit!!

$500 if ever.

Does Hasbro even have a say in whether HT will be able to do 1:6 Star Wars?

Hasbro still owns the license. Sideshow is just borrowing. :lecture

I know, but isn't that for North America?

Do they have say in Medicom too then?

You make it sound has if Hasbro has exclusive rights to the 1:6 figure license everywhere.

I don't know why everyone was so shocked at the price point. What did you expect it to be made out of? Plastic? It was going to be $100 MINIMUM for just Han. The wall is definately adding some price to it though. Perhaps they should have made the wall the "exclusive" environment like they did with the Idol Chamber w/ Belloq? That way people who just want Han will play $120ish or whatever and those that want the full set up could just fork over the $200.

I don't know why everyone was so shocked at the price point. What did you expect it to be made out of? Plastic? It was going to be $100 MINIMUM for just Han. The wall is definately adding some price to it though. Perhaps they should have made the wall the "exclusive" environment like they did with the Idol Chamber w/ Belloq? That way people who just want Han will play $120ish or whatever and those that want the full set up could just fork over the $200.

I don't see how that'd work really. Sideshow would need to add more to the package to sweeten. While the idol chamber was a "must have" for a lot of people, I just see most picking up carbo Han and skipping the Ex if not for sheer size, then for price. You would almost do better to drop the $120 on carbo Han, print a screen shot of the wall (from the movie) on vinyl, line the inside of your shelf with it and hang Han. And then save the remaining $80 you'd end up blowing on what is essentially a foot-and-a-half high polystone wall for the next 12."

I would have expected just Han to be the same price or cheaper than the Cave Slug or Droids dioramas. They were $70 and $80 and have way more details and work involved in them compared to a carbonite Han.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back