HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only just started watching this end of he 1st season, loving it

I've got this on the way next month
photodec10123736.jpg

Last edited:
Also Valyrian steel dot com has official Game of thrones swords, like longclaw which is also on the wall in Big Bang Theory. Debating on getting Arya's Sword Needle or Hounds Helm

Doesn't seem to many Collectibles out there for this series a bit of a shame and a missed opportunity

Most TV shows don't get collectibles. Characters are always changing looks and dying off and being brought in. Its very hard to market something obsolete to the current episode of the show by the time it hits shelves. Its ironic really. A good long TV show is countless hours more than any film. You can really get attached to and know TV characters better than you would in any movie because of the shear amount of time you spend with them.

To me, that's why the Walking Dead works and has ruined any horror movie for me. In most horror movies, I'm rooting for the bad guy to make a good kill because I'm not attached to any of the characters (since I was only introduced to them minutes ago) so I don't care if they live or die. On Walking Dead, you're given the time and chance to learn to like and care for the characters so when they do die, it means something then.

Same goes for this show IMO. Had these been a couple of movies instead of a series, a main character death like Ned Stark wouldn't have been as impactful as it was in a TV series. He was the star of the show. Its not all that uncommon for a main movie character to die at he end of the film. Its practically unheard of for a TV series to do that though. When I first read the book I thought it was going to be some kind of trick to Ned's death - that he wasn't really dead - because I knew Sean Bean was playing him and he was going to be the star of the show. So I totally didn't see that coming - which made for a great read. NOBODY is safe in this series :rock ... well, maybe a few until the last book/season :lol

Valyrian Steel made a limited run of them 2000 edition size they're long sold out forever they fetch anywhere from 1500 to 2 thousand bucks. Signed COA by George R.R Martin though.

Only just started watching this end of he 1st season, loving it

I've got this on the way next month
photodec10123736.jpg

I'm not a huge 1:1 collector type, but I would love one of these. Grats, don't forget to drop some in hands on us when you get it.

Will do, love 1:1pieces when space is provided, I'm going to look into making a 1:6 hound for my self to go with it

That would look super sweet displayed near this. I am really surprised we don't see more Throne stuff being offered up in the customs section.

I know there is a one thread with a few characters up ( none that strike me as first choices )very detailed customs is one of the bigger issues,

Back