HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think she's been very much like her character in the book. Only difference I think was that she wasn't ever Sansa's servant in the book. But I think the relationship with Tyrion is much the same

I sort of have to agree, I don't really see a "vast" difference in Shae's character between the books and series. Some details get shifted around, but overall more or less matches up imho.

I sort of have to agree, I don't really see a "vast" difference in Shae's character between the books and series. Some details get shifted around, but overall more or less matches up imho.

Than I suggest you read the book again or visit wiki of ice and fire. It states very clearly that she was indifferent about the wedding in the books. In the books she was a common whore, stupid. They gave her a personality in the show. Read the books again.

On the surface its similar ie things said, events taking place. The depth of there relationship couldn't be more different.

Not to mention one of his facts is wrong and quite clearly at that. Read the books. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

She definitely cares about him in the book, I don't think she would stay with him like that if she didn't.

They changed her situation because they needed to cut stuff, it saves money not having to hire the additional actors or to make the sets. It was cheaper to combine her storyline with other elements.

I can't use spoilers on tapatalk. The outcome of there relationship quite clearly shows that she didn't. :lol Not to mention her dialogue. If you're a whore and someone if showering you in gold and silk and giving you your own place would you leave? Its the best she's had.

I think you're reading her character on the show quite different than me and others. Her taking up for Sansa, her quite clearly having an interesting past she refuses to share with Tyrion, her being upset about the marriage. She's different. Read again.

I hate that we had no episode tonight. Next Sunday can't get here quick enough! I have a feeling stuff's about to start going down...

Ohhhhh, yeah it will :lol

Basically I see the episode before the finale as the big OMG episode with the finale wrapping that up a bit with a small cliffhanger. So I think their episode 9s are the real episodes to look forward to.

I find Daenery's one of the more annoying main characters....maybe it's because her chapters are so boring....Also she does stuff later that I rather not spoil.

I find Daenery's one of the more annoying main characters....maybe it's because her chapters are so boring....Also she does stuff later that I rather not spoil.

odd, we (my wife and I) find her storyline to be one of the more interesting ones. Yes, it is slow moving at times, but her's has always been really intriguing to us.

Than I suggest you read the book again or visit wiki of ice and fire. It states very clearly that she was indifferent about the wedding in the books. In the books she was a common whore, stupid. They gave her a personality in the show. Read the books again.

On the surface its similar ie things said, events taking place. The depth of there relationship couldn't be more different.

Not to mention one of his facts is wrong and quite clearly at that. Read the books. Thanks.

Have read the books, more than once. I'm not denying there are any differences at all, I just don't find them quite as "vast" as you obviously do. Thanks.

Dany is pretty boring, even up to the current book. I think the problem is she is isolated from the rest of the stories so she is always out of place. She isn't in contact with any of the other main characters so its easy to see her story as filler. Her build up is EXTREMLEY SLLLLLOOOOOWWWW. Not much of a spoiler, but for those not wanting to know ANYTHING from the books

The dragons STILL haven't done anything of importance yet. So even the book reader are waiting for some dragon action

When the series starts to wrap up I think Dany will be a very interesting, and critical character, but for now, its like she is in a prequel state to what she'll end up contributing to the series in the end.

No. I have been debating whether or not I should. At this point I don't want the books to spoil the show.

I'm the same way with the Walking Dead. If you've lasted this long, then I say hold out. Considering the series isn't even finished yet in book form, its likely the show will either catch up or get cancelled before the next book (which isn't the last) gets released. GRRM needs to stop writing scripts for this show and go back to the books before he croaks. :lol

It will be just our luck he'll be halfway through the last book and then die. :monkey2 I know he's told the ending to the show makers, so if that does happen, the show might be better suited to end the series than the books would be at that point.

I'm the same way with the Walking Dead. If you've lasted this long, then I say hold out. Considering the series isn't even finished yet in book form, its likely the show will either catch up or get cancelled before the next book (which isn't the last) gets released. GRRM needs to stop writing scripts for this show and go back to the books before he croaks. :lol

It will be just our luck he'll be halfway through the last book and then die. :monkey2 I know he's told the ending to the show makers, so if that does happen, the show might be better suited to end the series than the books would be at that point.

With the walking dead, I would start reading if I were you. It is soo different that while watching the show, you never know which direction they are going. And the comic is so much better. I've actually been pretty disappointed with the show lately. Really anticlimactic. Too much stupid little arguments.

With the walking dead, I would start reading if I were you. It is soo different that while watching the show, you never know which direction they are going. And the comic is so much better. I've actually been pretty disappointed with the show lately. Really anticlimactic. Too much stupid little arguments.

I've actually started reading it, but I plan on stopping once I get to the point where the show is now. After that point though, I'll be torn of wanting to know more and wanting to be surprised by the show. Just like with you on GoT, I like not knowing what is coming up. I didn't know about the Farm or Prison beforehand so that was nice and unexpected.

And just like Walking Dead, there are some shocking moments in this series you don't want spoiled for you. Trust me :panic:

True. But from what I've heard. GoT actually follows the books pretty closely. In TWD they barely follow it at all. At a lot of characters aren't even in the comics. So I don't even feel bad reading TWD.

Back