HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm calling it now. GRRM will die before finishing the final novel. Then the series will get cancelled before the show runners have the chance to show the intended ending that they've been keeping a secret. Both the books and the TV show will remain unfinished. The End.

HBO is more likely to cancel the series before GRRM dies....unless he dies in the next 2-3 years.

HBO is more likely to cancel the series before GRRM dies....unless he dies in the next 2-3 years.

I wouldnt worry aout HBO cancelling, they have made a long term commitment to this show, and viewership just gets stronger and stronger, not to mention that they sold a ridiculous amount of DVD's and Blu-rays for Season 2. I even recall an interview with a HBO exec saying that he'd love the show to go on for 20 years if it could.

Of course it can't go on for 20 years

BTW, here is a little treat for the Joffrey Hater's out there, which I guess would be everyone.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYNeT2nzEgA[/ame]

Yeah... I'm Expecting

Episode 9 is titled "The Rains of Castamere" and is all but confirmed to include the Red Wedding. The episode description is:

"Robb presents himself to Walder Frey, and Edmure meets his bride. Jon faces his harshest test yet. Bran discovers a new gift. Daario and Jorah debate how to take Yunkai. House Frey joins with House Tully."

In the preview for Episode 9, we see Edmure drunk at the wedding:

https://25.media.tumblr.com/26cd8aef92479748bdee37cab6362182/tumblr_mn2rezftq01qgglx1o1_500.gif

The writers could put the Red Wedding in the season finale, but it's doubtful given everything we know. In the past two seasons, they've used the ninth episode has the "OMGWTF" episode (Ned's execution, Battle of Blackwater). The description for the finale, titled "Mhysa," makes no mention of Robb. Nor does it mention the wedding of Joffrey and Margaery:

"Joffrey challenges Tywin. Bran tells a ghost story. In Dragonstone, mercy comes from strange quarters. Dany waits to see if she is a conqueror or a liberator."

Some speculate that Joffrey's wedding and death will not be until next season, but I still have hope that it will be in this season. They've only been mentioning the upcoming wedding in every episode thus far, so it makes sense to include it, but I suppose it could be drawn out to next season. The writers could have intentionally been vague with the episode description so as to surprise all viewers, but who knows?

Stannis and Melisandre's curse on "The usurper Robb Stark, the usurper Balon Greyjon, the usurper Joffrey Baratheon," could very well be fulfilled this season. It makes the most sense to me for the writers to do so. I do know we will see Pyke and the Iron Islands at least some point in the last two episodes, because Yara Greyjoy was seen walking amongst her soldiers in one preview of the whole season:

https://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/33700000/got-game-of-thrones-33799806-500-281.gif

Will this scene include the curse's effect on Balon Greyjoy? I'm thinking yes.

These are just my predictions - time will tell how the story unfolds!

Last edited:
And warner brothers promised us a Green lantern sequel becuase the first one made so much money.
and michael bay said transformers 3 was the last one.
The creators of smallville originaly planned for a major motion picture with tom welling as superman for the end of the show.

Hollywood people say lots and lots of things. what they end up doing is often not the same thing.
What they can be counted on to do is whatever they think will make the most money. If that's replacing Game of thrones with something else after 3 seasons looks to be teh most profitalbe, it'll be that.
If after 8 seasons the show is still going as strong, if not stronger than ever, they will make more.

They can say whatever they like. It dosn't mean squat untill they actualy DO it.

What is it with people's morbid fascination of people dying before they're able to finish something? Actors, writers... It seems that as soon as you start to get even a grey hair, people think you're about to drop down dead!
GRRM has no health issues that I'm aware of, nor does he seem that elderly, frail or ill. You could just as easily die tomorrow in an accident in your 20's as an an elderly man at his word processor.

This isn't going to be drawn out, at one point recently they said they were planning on a total of 8 seasons

It was 7 ;)

And warner brothers promised us a Green lantern sequel becuase the first one made so much money.
and michael bay said transformers 3 was the last one.
The creators of smallville originaly planned for a major motion picture with tom welling as superman for the end of the show.

Hollywood people say lots and lots of things. what they end up doing is often not the same thing.
What they can be counted on to do is whatever they think will make the most money. If that's replacing Game of thrones with something else after 3 seasons looks to be teh most profitalbe, it'll be that.
If after 8 seasons the show is still going as strong, if not stronger than ever, they will make more.

They can say whatever they like. It dosn't mean squat untill they actualy DO it.

I understand the sentiment and you're correct, but if you read an article saying they'd make another GL because it was a monetary success thats on you for being dumb enough to believe it. I think tribes of mountain Yeti knew it was a fail peice of trash. :lol

What is it with people's morbid fascination of people dying before they're able to finish something? Actors, writers... It seems that as soon as you start to get even a grey hair, people think you're about to drop down dead!
GRRM has no health issues that I'm aware of, nor does he seem that elderly, frail or ill. You could just as easily die tomorrow in an accident in your 20's as an an elderly man at his word processor.

It was 7 ;)

Exactly he's 64, and there is no reason why he shouldnt live into his late 80's.

Go to a retirement home and give yourself one point for every 80 year old fat man, then take away one point for every 80 year old man of average weight or less. Then report back here with your final point total.

FUN FACT: It will be a negative number.

I've heard he DOES have health issues though - that's the big fear!

REALLY? what is wrong with him? he looks a picture of health to me. also he as around $600 million in the bank,
so if he wanted to he could afford to become part bionic, with a artificial heart, didn't they do a similer thing with that Tony Stark guy?

REALLY? what is wrong with him? he looks a picture of health to me. also he as around $600 million in the bank,
so if he wanted to he could afford to become part bionic, with a artificial heart, didn't they do a similer thing with that Tony Stark guy?

The LAST thing fans want is Cyber-GRRM thinking he has the rest of eternity to finish those books. They'll be 2500 pages each, and another six volumes will be tacked onto the plan...

I do give him credit though, if I had that amount of money, I don't think I'd find any time to write, what with playing with my collection Ferarris, hanging out with extremely decorative Swedish supermodels, etc :rotfl

Back