HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True. But from what I've heard. GoT actually follows the books pretty closely. In TWD they barely follow it at all. At a lot of characters aren't even in the comics. So I don't even feel bad reading TWD.

Books are followed pretty closely so reading the books will spoil things.

Exactly. While TWD it is very, roughly based. So things like the farm and prison are present, but nothing like the comic. The show has gotten all soap opera-y, I'm not enjoying it as much. I find myself *****ing about the writing more than anything.

Ohhhhh, yeah it will :lol

Basically I see the episode before the finale as the big OMG episode with the finale wrapping that up a bit with a small cliffhanger. So I think their episode 9s are the real episodes to look forward to.

Yeah... I'm Expecting

The episode before the finale to be the red wedding lead up.... and the Season finale to go back and fourth between the Red wedding, and the wedding of Sh!rbag the prince, I mean Joffery. and have it end with us seeing The corpse of Robb Stark, and Catlyn Stark's body being tossed into the river... then cutting to Joffery drinking the wine.. and dying of the poison. Joffery falls... Dead... fade to black, credits roll

Dany is pretty boring, even up to the current book. I think the problem is she is isolated from the rest of the stories so she is always out of place. She isn't in contact with any of the other main characters so its easy to see her story as filler. Her build up is EXTREMLEY SLLLLLOOOOOWWWW. Not much of a spoiler, but for those not wanting to know ANYTHING from the books

The dragons STILL haven't done anything of importance yet. So even the book reader are waiting for some dragon action

When the series starts to wrap up I think Dany will be a very interesting, and critical character, but for now, its like she is in a prequel state to what she'll end up contributing to the series in the end.

Long term, given the buildup, I expect
Dany to be the one who wins out in the end... possibly ending up married to someone unexpected... Like Tyrian, OR Tyrian Becoming her Hand.... Yes, I expect Something EXTREMELY important from both of them long term.

I'm the same way with the Walking Dead. If you've lasted this long, then I say hold out. Considering the series isn't even finished yet in book form, its likely the show will either catch up or get cancelled before the next book (which isn't the last) gets released. GRRM needs to stop writing scripts for this show and go back to the books before he croaks. :lol

It will be just our luck he'll be halfway through the last book and then die. :monkey2 I know he's told the ending to the show makers, so if that does happen, the show might be better suited to end the series than the books would be at that point.

God i hope he finishes it. He said in an interview that he's on-track to publish book 6 Late this year, early next... but we will see..

Beyond that.. do you REALLY think HBO might cancel this series? Its my understanding it's extremely popular.

With the walking dead, I would start reading if I were you. It is soo different that while watching the show, you never know which direction they are going. And the comic is so much better. I've actually been pretty disappointed with the show lately. Really anticlimactic. Too much stupid little arguments.

I've actually started reading it, but I plan on stopping once I get to the point where the show is now. After that point though, I'll be torn of wanting to know more and wanting to be surprised by the show. Just like with you on GoT, I like not knowing what is coming up. I didn't know about the Farm or Prison beforehand so that was nice and unexpected.

And just like Walking Dead, there are some shocking moments in this series you don't want spoiled for you. Trust me :panic:

In the comic.. you will NOT catch up to where the show is now... it's gone a COMPLETELY OPPOSITE direction from where the comic went with th events at the prison.

An example of something that would be as dramatic a shift in what happens at the prison on the two series,

Would be something like removing The aspect of Vader being Lukes Father from star wars.

I had a GREAT deal of trouble trying to come up with an anolgy there.. :lol It's THAT different.

Yeah... I'm Expecting

The episode before the finale to be the red wedding lead up.... and the Season finale to go back and fourth between the Red wedding, and the wedding of Sh!rbag the prince, I mean Joffery. and have it end with us seeing The corpse of Robb Stark, and Catlyn Stark's body being tossed into the river... then cutting to Joffery drinking the wine.. and dying of the poison. Joffery falls... Dead... fade to black, credits roll

That's not happening this season, there's a long time before that happens. Probably will be early next season, I'm guessing this season ends with the wildling attack on Castle Black.
That means though that next season will be pretty great too, Joffrey dies early on, Tywin later on, big battle at the Wall, ending with undead Catelyn

That's not happening this season, there's a long time before that happens. Probably will be early next season, I'm guessing this season ends with the wildling attack on Castle Black.
That means though that next season will be pretty great too, Joffrey dies early on, Tywin later on, big battle at the Wall, ending with undead Catelyn

Edit: Herp Derp.

You sure? WE've seen some hints that this season will have
the red wedding.... I'm not entirely certian how the show is bouncing along with what happens where in the books, so I donno.

Hey lerath,

Pretty sure darthviper is referring only to Joffrey's wedding not happening this season. Red Wedding is pretty much guaranteed for ep 9 but Joffrey's should be later in both the books and story-wise in the show. Would really detract from RW if they did like a Godfather montage between the two. Should be a devastating show. Can't wait for this Sunday!

Gotcha.

Though I REALLY REAALY Want to see

Joffery Die choking. Little terd definitely has it comming. Well that,, and I want o see Tommlin's kittens :lol

Yeah.I REALLY Bet Batman Regrets Saving him now.

post-6145-Batman-saved-King-Joffrey-TFNZ.jpeg

I'm calling it now. GRRM will die before finishing the final novel. Then the series will get cancelled before the show runners have the chance to show the intended ending that they've been keeping a secret. Both the books and the TV show will remain unfinished. The End.

I'm calling it now. GRRM will die before finishing the final novel. Then the series will get cancelled before the show runners have the chance to show the intended ending that they've been keeping a secret. Both the books and the TV show will remain unfinished. The End.

Na they'll get JJ Abrams to finish it.

Back