HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess because they're the most popular geek shows out there at the moment. But I'm with Invictus. Seems like GOT is meant to follow Martin's storyline, and that he has a pretty clear ending in mind for the show. I suspect it will still be hugely popular by that point, but an ending will come. Walking Dead could conceivably just keep on going for ages. And even if the ratings dropped dramatically, it would probably still be one of the most popular shows on TV, so I'm sure there would be the will to keep pumping them out.

That was the only reason I used it as a comparison, got is light years above twd

Considering the caliber of writers crafting the source material for the two shows, it should be expected that the difference in quality of the stories being put to film will be reflected in the quality of the shows. Martin is a novelist; Kirkman writes comics. One group of producers has a lot more to work with than the other.

Well I watch both and enjoy them both. They're really very different shows, so i can't really compare them because they're not even the same genre. If it were comparing two superhero shows against each other, then yes, I can make that comparison.

I enjoy both these shows for what they are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well I watch both and enjoy them both. They're really very different shows, so i can't really compare them because they're not even the same genre. If it were comparing two superhero shows against each other, then yes, I can make that comparison.

I enjoy both these shows for what they are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:lecture :goodpost: :rock

Both shows are great but guess what GoT only fans, the quality of this show is dropping as the seasons go on. Although not entirely D&D fault since the books peaked at 3.

Both shows are great but guess what GoT only fans, the quality of this show is dropping as the seasons go on. Although not entirely D&D fault since the books peaked at 3.

Most stories tend to drag a bit in the middle, which is where we are now. Still GOT at its worst is better than jut about everything else currently on TV.

finished season1 and gonna be done with season2 soon. man this show is definitely better than TWD but both have its appeal. can it even be properly compared? things that make you go hmmmm. the storyline and nudity is awesome for sure.

Haven't noticed any drop in quality in either the books or show, so that's entirely subjective.

Not directed at you, specifically, but TWD fans sure are defensive. I kinda regretted making that comment after I posted because I knew it'd invite a bunch of apologist comments on behalf of the show. I watch and enjoy it, too, but nothing wrong with calling it like it is, folks! Anyway, lets start fresh with tonight's episode and leave all WD talk behind us! ;)

They're all movie quality.

Haven't noticed any drop in quality in either the books or show, so that's entirely subjective.

Not directed at you, specifically, but TWD fans sure are defensive. I kinda regretted making that comment after I posted because I knew it'd invite a bunch of apologist comments on behalf of the show. I watch and enjoy it, too, but nothing wrong with calling it like it is, folks! Anyway, lets start fresh with tonight's episode and leave all WD talk behind us! ;)

You **** on something and find a negative response from people who like what you slight to be neurotic? Are you sure it's not neurotic to drag useless comparisons into a thread to praise a show that really doesn't need the knocking down of other shows for its value to be illustrated? Or to expect people to just listen to post after post echoing your derogatory claims, without saying something contrary to your opinion? And where do you get off calling a disagreement with your estimate of Game of Thrones 'subjective', but your verdict on Walking Dead is 'calling it like it is'?

I'm a much bigger fan of this than I am the other, but the last thing I'd do is assume that my tastes were somehow the gold standard of what the rest of the world should prefer.

e5wibpgsnfghfekvn2kf.gif

Back