HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come at me, crow! :lol

Did someone mention The Walking Dead earlier? Cause they just got their asses handed to them.

Jon Snow > Rick Grimes.......

Peps better stock up on Valyrian steel.

Zombie kids...

I'm a much bigger fan of this than I am the other, but the last thing I'd do is assume that my tastes were somehow the gold standard of what the rest of the world should prefer.

Spot on. Not just on GOT, but everything on this board.

Damn that was awesome. Not just the last 15 minutes, the whole episode. Especially Tyrions conversation with Daenerys.

Best episode of the season and maybe of the series. White Walkers and army of the dead ... Sh#t just got real. You have to hand it to HBO for not only taking on this project, but putting together the production team, cast, and the budget to deliver such an amazing, high quality series. It's pretty incredible when you think of what the producers have to balance with this show--multiple storylines and locales, character growth and development, etc. The casting has also really paid off. Kit Harrington's Jon Snow is becoming a hero of epic proportions, and Tormund is such a great complement considering their history, although I still miss Ygritte. Seeing Tyrion and Dany finally sharing the screen was magic. You know Arya is just going to be something special. Ramsey is giving Joffrey a run for the money as most despised character in GoT. I'm even warming to Stannis Baratheon, even though he's probably the dumbest king vying for the Iron Throne.

Probably favorite line of the night (from memory so not quite right):
"My ancestors would spit on me if they knew I was allying with a crow"
Mine too, but *--* 'em, they're dead."

Come at me, crow! :lol

Did someone mention The Walking Dead earlier? Cause they just got their asses handed to them.

Jon Snow > Rick Grimes.......

Peps better stock up on Valyrian steel.

Zombie kids...

Spot on. Not just on GOT, but everything on this board.

This show is 10X TWD, and I love TWD, but it's not even in the same league. Sure it's a cultural phenomenon because folks can relate to the horror of a modern day zombiepocalypse, but the scope, scale, cast and production of GoT is light years beyond TWD.

So the show has confirmed Dragonsteel and Valyrian Steel are one in the same.

I don't think dragonglass and Valyrian steel are one and the same...the show stated that dragonglass has "real world" roots as it's actually obsidian, which is a rock formed from quickly cooled lava, whereas steel is an alloy. Valyrian steel is very rare, as the secret of forging Valyrian steel was lost with the destruction of Valyria. I am no by no means a SOIAF expert, as I've only read the books after the corresponding season has been completed, but here is link to a nice little supplemental bit of knowledge:

https://grantland.com/hollywood-pro...-in-westeros-and-the-heartbreak-of-greyscale/

Short bit of that text: "Valyria was on a volcano-laden peninsula in the south of Essos between Slaver’s Bay and the Rhoyne River. The volcanos — known together as the Fourteen Flames — were the source of the Valyrians’ material wealth and, perhaps, also the key to their ability to wed magic to technology. Countless numbers of slaves toiled in the mines beneath the Fourteen Flames, stripping out precious metals and ores that, when treated by some magical process, produced the fabled Valyrian steel."

i clapped when jon went back and when he used his sword against the white walker. such an amazing episode

Yes! Such a good part, along with many others. When that bald Wildling guy with the facial scars and the axe told Jon to get the Dragonglass and (tried) to hold off the WW, cool too. I like heroic **** like that.

Yes! Such a good part, along with many others. When that bald Wildling guy with the facial scars and the axe told Jon to get the Dragonglass and (tried) to hold off the WW, cool too. I like heroic **** like that.

Can't forget how they slaughtered that little farmboy kid's family, but yeah, nice of him to sacrifice himself to buy Snow some time.

I don't think dragonglass and Valyrian steel are one and the same...the show stated that dragonglass has "real world" roots as it's actually obsidian, which is a rock formed from quickly cooled lava, whereas steel is an alloy. Valyrian steel is very rare, as the secret of forging Valyrian steel was lost with the destruction of Valyria.

Dragonsteel, not dragonglass.
I don't think it's a coincidence that both are forged in fire.

Dragonsteel, not dragonglass.
I don't think it's a coincidence that both are forged in fire.

My mistake, though I did notice that Spartan Rex did say Dragon Steel and not dragon glass, but I thought it was a snafu on his part. I can't remember any reference of dragon steel; has it been referenced in the TV series or solely in the books?

Pretty sure that both are forged by Dragon's fire and that's what matters. Either way, I can't wait to see those Dragons lay waste to that army. But knowing Martin, everyone will probably just die and the White Walkers will win. :lol

When the walkers eventually reach King's Landing they'll bust up the Iron Throne in a hurry. Every one of those swords was touched by Dragon breath, potentially useful against the walkers

By the time we got to the scene with Tyrion and Daenerys I thought it was already an amazing episode. Then top that off with an invasion of the army of the dead and an epic battle - this would have to be my favorite episode of the series so far. The shots of the mounted White Walkers up on the ridge was chilling.

By the time we got to the scene with Tyrion and Daenerys I thought it was an amazing episode. Once the Army of the Dead showed up - this became my favorite episode of the series so far. The shots of the mounted White Walkers on the ridge was chilling.

Seriously.

The episode was ground breaking; the books have yet to do something like this.

By the time we got to the scene with Tyrion and Daenerys I thought it was already an amazing episode. Then top that off with an invasion of the army of the dead and an epic battle - this would have to be my favorite episode of the series so far. The shots of the mounted White Walkers up on the ridge was chilling.

Forgot about that part, another very good one.

Back