HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's only because you have taste and sense.

61788124.jpg

can the dragons just fly out of where they are? I was waiting for them to fly off. I was also disappointed that there was no daenerys scenes in the newest episode, anyone else? :(

The lack of helpless Dany actually made this episode more enjoyable for me. I don't know if it's because the other actors can "act better", or if its because I'm tired of her story being obviously dragged out, but until she has boats and is making moves to cross that sea, I don't care about her story at all.

Dany's story has seemed like the slowest moving and least interesting apart from a select few moments (interaction with Drogo, dragon's being born, dragon's killing those dudes). Really, the story would feel more natural if she was treated like Bran, and just ignored for seasons at a time until there was something really worth exploring with her. Maybe Tyrion's management of the city will be somewhat interesting.

I feel like we can fast-forward her story as well. Wake me up when she has all the Dothraki as her army and they're loading the horses on the boats.

You all know what they say: "Dragons gonna drag."

Daenerys storyline has come full circle. Pretty sure she will arrive to King's Landing riding Drogon this season and it will be awesome.

The lack of helpless Dany actually made this episode more enjoyable for me. I don't know if it's because the other actors can "act better", or if its because I'm tired of her story being obviously dragged out, but until she has boats and is making moves to cross that sea, I don't care about her story at all.

Dany's story has seemed like the slowest moving and least interesting apart from a select few moments (interaction with Drogo, dragon's being born, dragon's killing those dudes). Really, the story would feel more natural if she was treated like Bran, and just ignored for seasons at a time until there was something really worth exploring with her. Maybe Tyrion's management of the city will be somewhat interesting.

I feel like we can fast-forward her story as well. Wake me up when she has all the Dothraki as her army and they're loading the horses on the boats.
i feel bad for the ladies in your lives :monkey3. lol

her overall story is slow moving but i honestly enjoyed it all. shes my favourite character and its always been interesting to watch her story unfold. i will say that there were times when it got too slow and boring, and they dragged out some sub plots involving her. this season has been great from what little we saw so far :) i do think she will command the dothraki army when her dragons arrive and she takes command by force or makes a deal with the new khal. after that shell probably make some progress towards the iron throne

I still find it strange that Drogon saved her then decided to drop her off in a random location and leave her to be captured. What's the deal with that?!...

I thought he was too injured to fly or something like that. Is strange how she was with him one minute then not the next.

i feel bad for the ladies in your lives :monkey3. lol

her overall story is slow moving but i honestly enjoyed it all. shes my favourite character and its always been interesting to watch her story unfold. i will say that there were times when it got too slow and boring, and they dragged out some sub plots involving her. this season has been great from what little we saw so far :) i do think she will command the dothraki army when her dragons arrive and she takes command by force or makes a deal with the new khal. after that shell probably make some progress towards the iron throne

With such a limited amount of episodes left in the entire series, many people don't want to see time wasted dragging out her story when there are other characters that need the screen time. She already had her character arc realized on screen from a timid girl to the Queen of all Dragons, Breaker of Chains, etc. I don't care about these new Dothraki and don't want to watch her have to replay a story between her and them that's already been told with characters I did care about. I'd like to see them treat her like Bran in the last couple seasons--check in everyone once in a while (or don't) then have an episode showing Drogon and the other dragons (led by Tyrion) coming to free her from the Dothraki, which gains their allegiance, then ship them off on the boats to Westeros.

As you may recall Tyrion killed his father Tywin in the episode broadcast on Father's Day.

And if you haven't been keeping track, tomorrow is Mother's Day. And the previews for tomorrow's episode indicate that we will see the much anticipated Tower of Joy scene, which should reveal the identity of a certain someone's mother. . .

As you may recall Tyrion killed his father Tywin in the episode broadcast on Father's Day.

And if you haven't been keeping track, tomorrow is Mother's Day. And the previews for tomorrow's episode indicate that we will see the much anticipated Tower of Joy scene, which should reveal the identity of a certain someone's mother. . .
Yeah, I remember that event two years ago. Good observation there, man. Let's also remember about the title of this episode "Oathbreaker" the titles always seem to apply to every storyline and not just one in particular. I hope we see Walder Frey on this one.

I never understood the dislike for Daenerys storyline, yeah she is far from all the Westeros' mumbo jumbo but she is one of the very few characters who have progressed on their quest for power. The only storyline that made me bang my head against the wall was Robb's...seriously, what an idiot he was.

As much as I like the Direwolf theory, I think Jon Snow (Stark) is definitely going to be the one to take down Ramsey Bolton. Unfortunately, I don't think Ramsey's death is going to be as slow and painful as we'd all like to hope. I think Longclaw is going to make quick work of him when the time comes.

Of course, the show has a way of giving us exactly what we don't want, so I also wouldn't be surprised if somehow Ramsey lives to see another season. However, I think Euron Greyjoy will be taking Ramsey's place as "number one evil person" by the end of this season and into the next.

I never understood the dislike for Daenerys storyline, yeah she is far from all the Westeros' mumbo jumbo but she is one of the very few characters who have progressed on their quest for power.
"One of the few characters who have progressed through their quest for power"...yeah, like what, two years ago? There hasn't been much progression with her at all since then outside of flying Drogon, and now she's taken a huge step back to the Dothraki.

The only storyline that made me bang my head against the wall was Robb's...seriously, what an idiot he was.
With no prior experience unites all of the north, defeats one of the smartest men in Westeros in a whopping three battles, and captures his own son the Kingslayer. Look up the definition of "idiot".

I think Daenerys's storyline might seem more interesting if. . .they had a better actress playing the role.

:chase

To me, while the other character arcs by and large are compelling, it feels to my like Daeny's been in a holding pattern for awhile now. As pointed out, the major things she has to go through she's gone through. Now we're just waiting for her to inevitably get her **** together, as we've been waiting for for a good, long while now.

As much as I like the Direwolf theory, I think Jon Snow (Stark) is definitely going to be the one to take down Ramsey Bolton. Unfortunately, I don't think Ramsey's death is going to be as slow and painful as we'd all like to hope. I think Longclaw is going to make quick work of him when the time comes.

Of course, the show has a way of giving us exactly what we don't want, so I also wouldn't be surprised if somehow Ramsey lives to see another season. However, I think Euron Greyjoy will be taking Ramsey's place as "number one evil person" by the end of this season and into the next.

I hope Ramsay lives on for atleast another season. The show needs a villian like him. The story in the North is the most interesting at the moment.

I think Daenerys's storyline might seem more interesting if. . .they had a better actress playing the role.

:chase

To me, while the other character arcs by and large are compelling, it feels to my like Daeny's been in a holding pattern for awhile now. As pointed out, the major things she has to go through she's gone through. Now we're just waiting for her to inevitably get her **** together, as we've been waiting for for a good, long while now.
She's easily the weakest actress of all of the main characters IMO.

I hope Ramsay lives on for atleast another season. The show needs a villian like him. The story in the North is the most interesting at the moment.
:exactly: Ramsay is the ****.

"One of the few characters who have progressed through their quest for power"...yeah, like what, two years ago? There hasn't been much progression with her at all since then outside of flying Drogon, and now she's taken a huge step back to the Dothraki.

With no prior experience unites all of the north, defeats one of the smartest men in Westeros in a whopping three battles, and captures his own son the Kingslayer. Look up the definition of "idiot".

"Someone whose last words were "...mommy" before being stabbed to death by his own right-hand man." or something like that.

Yup, united all the north like his father did before him, and just like his father he died, unlike Ned it wasn't for honor but because he fell in love with some exotic girl with no political power. His downfall mirrors that of some great historical figures like Alexander: a young conqueror who made some fatal and avoidable mistakes. Food for fought.

Well Daenerys conquered three cities, freed thousands of slaves, added mercenaries and unsullied to her army, got lots and lots of gold and also dragons with absolutely no right to it. Robb's allies were there because of his family connections. Sure Danny has stumbled upon many hardships but the progress is there, just like Robb she is a great conqueror but kind of a "meh" ruler.

As the late Lord Lannister implied: "Winning and ruling aren't the same thing."

Back