HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pretty awesome to see Arthur Dayne... but god damnit, why the generic dual silver swords??

I wanted to see that beauty Dawn, which is supposed to be a 2 handed beaming white blade.

The dual wielding just came off as a bit cheesy.

Didn't Ned have a reputation as a fairly good swordsman? I recall way back in season 1 that Jaime relished battling Ned and considered him a worthy adversary.

Yes, but Ser Arthur Dayne is often touted to be the best in the series, alive or dead. Ned is nothing compared to him. Prime Barristan Selmy is probably the only one that could stand up to Dayne in single combat.

Oh and Jaime is also a better swordsman than Ned. Ned isn't bad, but he isn't a legend like these guys.

Last edited:
After this last episode there are 20 episodes left in the series (7 this season, 7 next season, and 6 for the final season). With only a limited number of episodes left in the series, I want them all to be killer episodes. There are a lot of storylines that need to get resolved before then.

I too heard they were going to start shortening the seasons. Wonder if any of those will be longer 90 min episodes?

I hope that the next flashback sequence we see with Ned, they get Sean Bean too, that'd be bad azz.

lol

Osha will be fine, they were a couple of interviews that mentioned her having a bigger role this season and putting the spotlight on her, so we will see.

pretty awesome to see Arthur Dayne... but god damnit, why the generic dual silver swords??

I wanted to see that beauty Dawn, which is supposed to be a 2 handed beaming white blade.

The dual wielding just came off as a bit cheesy.

Yes, but Ser Arthur Dayne is often touted to be the best in the series, alive or dead. Ned is nothing compared to him. Prime Barristan Selmy is probably the only one that could stand up to Dayne in single combat.

Oh and Jaime is also a better swordsman than Ned. Ned isn't bad, but he isn't a legend like these guys.

Yeah, no one talks about Ned Stark's ability with a blade. My only guess to why Jaime would want to fight Ned is because Ned fought Dayne and won (even though we know he didnt).

After this last episode there are 20 episodes left in the series (7 this season, 7 next season, and 6 for the final season). With only a limited number of episodes left in the series, I want them all to be killer episodes. There are a lot of storylines that need to get resolved before then.

Was this officially confirmed, or just Weiss and Benioff saying they could finish up in 13 episodes after this season?

Oh, I know, I was just stating that Ned isn't a pushover in his own right.

This series really shat on Selmy...

Would have been nice to see Ser Barristan's skills, but I think any scenes showcasing this would have been limited by the actor's physical capabilities. Unless they did a CGI stand in a la Christopher Lee as Count Dooku in the PT...ugh...

Was this officially confirmed, or just Weiss and Benioff saying they could finish up in 13 episodes after this season?

Nothing absolutely confirmed. Just Weiss and Benioff saying that is what they would like to do. They say that producing 10 episodes in the time they have is difficult, especially as the stories get bigger as the show goes on. I'm sure the execs at HBO are trying as hard as possible to get them to continue for more seasons.

Game of Thrones May Only Have 13 Episodes After Season Six

I wanna see Robert and Rhaegar fighting at the Trident with Robert's war hammer crushing Rhaegar's breast plate. That would be a cool flashback, but probably not one Bran would visit in the context of the story.

Highly doubt it. They'd do The Princess and the Queen, or, the Blacks and the Greens before Dunk and Egg. it's got more drama, action, bewbs and dragons.

Anything from that universe would be welcome.

I'd personally love to see them tackle stories from Tolkeins Silmarillion as well. Budget wise, might be impossible though.

Anything from that universe would be welcome.

I'd personally love to see them tackle stories from Tolkeins Silmarillion as well. Budget wise, might be impossible though.

The Princess and the Queen seems like something they could do in a mini series of 5 to 6 episodes.

They would tackle Silmarillion if they felt they could make a good series out of it and make a profit.

I wanna see Robert and Rhaegar fighting at the Trident with Robert's war hammer crushing Rhaegar's breast plate. That would be a cool flashback, but probably not one Bran would visit in the context of the story.
I'd love to see Barristan earn 'the bold' by rescuing Aerys but I can't see them having reason for Bran to go back watch that.

So what happened to the White Walkers?
A couple of seasons ago everybody was terrified of them arriving... winter's coming and all that...
And now nobody seems to be paying any attention to that anymore.

So what happened to the White Walkers?
A couple of seasons ago everybody was terrified of them arriving... winter's coming and all that...
And now nobody seems to be paying any attention to that anymore.

They're a metaphor for the books. "They're coming!" and then nothing. :lol

Back