HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not only that, but how did they destroyed Winterfell? Also, did they kill everybody that live there as well? That wasn't very clear to me. I mean, the whole place was destroyed and the only person we see is Master Luwin (I liked the guy, so off course he had to die). Also, where were the men Robb sent to Winterfell when his brothers walk out of it? Why weren't they retrieved/rescued by them? Can someone explain?

Spoilers!

Correct, your confusion is that Ramsey Bolton's (Roose Bolton's bastard) men are Robbs, they aren't. The men that are Robbs would be considered men from Winterfell. The iron men did nothing to Winterfell.

I'd go into what actually happened, because it's not anything special in the book but I guess some people would consider it a spoiler. And I'm guessing they're going to be adding some parts from the other books to the next season that will deal with this since this stuff wasn't an issue at this time in the series.

SPOILERS!!!

:slap oh great more characters to keep track of:lol

Yeah, when I heard Osha and Hodor were taking on some of Jojen and Meera's role, I was relieved - and I haven't even read the books! But I don't need any more characters to keep track of! I've done pretty well so far, but dayum!

I haven't read the books, but I'm pretty good with names.

Just for fun, I'm going to see how many characters I can remember (not using Google or the internet, I promise!)

House Stark

Eddard "Ned" Stark (Deceased)
Benjen Stark
Catlyn Stark (nee Tully)
Robb Stark
Sansa Stark
Bran Stark
Arya Stark
Rickon Stark
John Snow

Stark servants and retainers

Maester Luwin (Deceased)
Jory Cassel (Deceased)
Ser Rodrick Cassel (Deceased_
Hodor
Old Nan (Hodor's mother / grandmother?)
Oosha

House Targeryan

Viserys (Deceased)
Danerys
Aemon (Maester at Castle Black)

Targeryan servants and retainers

Ser Jorah Mormont

House Lannister

Tywin Lannister
Jaime Lannister
Cersei Lannister
Tyrion Lannister

Jaime and Cersei's children (really Lannisters)

Joffrey Barantheon
Mycella Barntheon
Tommen Barantheon

Lannister servants and retainers

Gregor Clegane ("The Mountain")
Sandoe Clegane ("The Hound")
Ser Ilan Payne

House Baratheon

Robert Baratheon (Deceased)
Stannis Barantheon
Renly Baratheon (Deceased)

Gendry (Robert's surviving bastard son)

Barantheon servents and retainers

Ser Davos Seaworthy
Mathias Seaworthy (was / is he a knight?)

House Greyjoy

Greyjoy Patriarch (can't remember his name)
Theon Greyjoy
Yara Greyjoy (is that her name?)

The Knights Watch

Lord Commander Mormont
Ser Alister
Ren
Pip
Samwell Tarly
Qhorin Halfhand (Deceased)
Yoren (deceased)

(Damn, I can't remember the third guy that's been with Ren and Sam)

Other Characters

Peter Baelish ("Little Finger")
Lord Varys ("The Spider")
Maester Pycelle
Bron
Talisa
Ser Loras Tyrell ("The Knight of the Flowers")
Lady Tyrell (Loras' sister, can't remember her name)
Melisandre

Okay, that's all I can rememebr right now.

Anyone else hear about the hullabaloo over George Bush's head?

Yeah, when I heard Osha and Hodor were taking on some of Jojen and Meera's role, I was relieved - and I haven't even read the books! But I don't need any more characters to keep track of! I've done pretty well so far, but dayum!

Seeing as there are still 2 books to be released these characters may become more important later on, so editing them out altogether may not have been the best move.

It has already been confirmed that those two will be in the 3rd season. They never had plans to cut them they just didn't want to introduce so many new characters in season 2.

I think the problem with the burning of Winterfell is it actually made sense in the book why it was done, since the show was so different it seems sort of random and pointless of why it happened.

pretty cool about Meera and Jojen, pretty cool characters....too bad they were cut out of this season....I guess they will have to come up with a reason why they start to follow bran around.

I haven't read the books, but I'm pretty good with names.

Just for fun, I'm going to see how many characters I can remember (not using Google or the internet, I promise!)

House Stark

Eddard "Ned" Stark (Deceased)
Benjen Stark
Catlyn Stark (nee Tully)
Robb Stark
Sansa Stark
Bran Stark
Arya Stark
Rickon Stark
John Snow

Stark servants and retainers

Maester Luwin (Deceased)
Jory Cassel (Deceased)
Ser Rodrick Cassel (Deceased_
Hodor
Old Nan (Hodor's mother / grandmother?)
Oosha

House Targeryan

Viserys (Deceased)
Danerys
Aemon (Maester at Castle Black)

Targeryan servants and retainers

Ser Jorah Mormont

House Lannister

Tywin Lannister
Jaime Lannister
Cersei Lannister
Tyrion Lannister

Jaime and Cersei's children (really Lannisters)

Joffrey Barantheon
Mycella Barntheon
Tommen Barantheon

Lannister servants and retainers

Gregor Clegane ("The Mountain")
Sandoe Clegane ("The Hound")
Ser Ilan Payne

House Baratheon

Robert Baratheon (Deceased)
Stannis Barantheon
Renly Baratheon (Deceased)

Gendry (Robert's surviving bastard son)

Barantheon servents and retainers

Ser Davos Seaworthy
Mathias Seaworthy (was / is he a knight?)

House Greyjoy

Greyjoy Patriarch (can't remember his name)
Theon Greyjoy
Yara Greyjoy (is that her name?)

The Knights Watch

Lord Commander Mormont
Ser Alister
Ren
Pip
Samwell Tarly
Qhorin Halfhand (Deceased)
Yoren (deceased)

(Damn, I can't remember the third guy that's been with Ren and Sam)

Other Characters

Peter Baelish ("Little Finger")
Lord Varys ("The Spider")
Maester Pycelle
Bron
Talisa
Ser Loras Tyrell ("The Knight of the Flowers")
Lady Tyrell (Loras' sister, can't remember her name)
Melisandre

Okay, that's all I can rememebr right now.

Anyone else hear about the hullabaloo over George Bush's head?

You did pretty well! Here's some additional ones I came up with, though there are MANY more who's names aren't spoken in the series or are too minor for me to recall right now.

Alton Lannister
Brienne of Tarth
Craster
Doreah
Gilly
Hot Pie
Irri
Khal Drogo
Jaqen H'ghar
Lancel Lannister
Lysa Arryn
Podrick
Pyat Pree
Rakharo
Robin Arryn
Ros
Septa Mordane
Ser Barriston
Ser Illyn Payne
Shae
Syrio Forel
Xaro Xhoan Daxos
Ygritte

Finally watched the season finale tonight. Insanely good stuff.

Definitely. At first I thought they were going to end with John Snow being taken down to Mance's group (as that final shot looked good)-- but then when they went back to Sam and what followed :thud:

No show makes you stare at the screen more with the fade to black wanting it to go on IMMEDIATELY than this one.

Just finished watching the second season, have to say it is a hell of an additive show. Can't wait for the 3rd season.

You did pretty well! Here's some additional ones I came up with, though there are MANY more who's names aren't spoken in the series or are too minor for me to recall right now.

Alton Lannister
Brienne of Tarth
Craster
Doreah
Gilly
Hot Pie
Irri
Khal Drogo
Jaqen H'ghar
Lancel Lannister
Lysa Arryn
Podrick
Pyat Pree
Rakharo
Robin Arryn
Ros
Septa Mordane
Ser Barriston
Ser Illyn Payne
Shae
Syrio Forel
Xaro Xhoan Daxos
Ygritte

Thanks, I had to limit myself to five or ten minutes; I could have kept the reply open for a few hours or so I could remember more people. The ones you added on your list, I definitely remember, except Hot Pie? And Pyat Pree...can't remember that one (is he the surviving Blood Rider to Dany?)

But I do remember the ancillary Lannisters such as Alton (Tyrion, Jaime and Cersei's uncle) and Lancel (Robert's squire that made sure the wine was flowing); the Dothraki (Doreah, Irri, Khal Drogo, poor headless Rakharo); Tyrion's squire Podrick and his lady whore, Shae; Craster and Gilly north of the wall; Brienne of Tarth, in service to Lady Catlynn and Lady Catlynn's family at the Eyrie (Lysa and Robin Arryn); and the men from Bravos, Syrio Florel and Jaqen H'ghar.

And I definitely remember Ros, Septa Mordane's head on a spike, Ygritte of the Wildlings, Ser Barristan Selmy and Xaro Xhoan Daros.

I did list Ser Ilyn Payne, but forgot the other member of the Kingsguard that enjoyed beating Sansa (Ser Merryn?).

Next spring is too long to wait for Season 3!

Hot Pie is the fat dumb kid that went with Arya to Harrenhal. Pyat Pree is the skinny guy that wanted Dany to go to the House of the Undying.

I have no idea who Alton Lanister is--in the book Tywin's brother is Kevan Lanister, I didn't notice if they changed his name.

Alton Lannister is Jamie's cousin that he killed to escape from Robb's camp, the one that was his squire. He says his name in passing before spilling his guts to Jamie about the day he squired.

Hot Pie is the fat dumb kid that went with Arya to Harrenhal. Pyat Pree is the skinny guy that wanted Dany to go to the House of the Undying.

I have no idea who Alton Lanister is--in the book Tywin's brother is Kevan Lanister, I didn't notice if they changed his name.

Wait, Pyat Pree is the Warlock?

Also, kind of bad, but when I read Hot Pie, I thought the character was an employee of Lord Baelish. :lol

Alton Lannister is Jamie's cousin that he killed to escape from Robb's camp, the one that was his squire. He says his name in passing before spilling his guts to Jamie about the day he squired.

You're both right, Kevan Lannister is the uncle, Alton is the younger Lannister with the mother who is , as Jaime said, the "fat Lannister". :rotfl

Still wondering who the masked woman in Quarth is that gave Ser Jorah Mormont the advice. Have to wait until next season I guess...

OK, then in that case he was Renamed, because I can't remember what his name was in the book. Originally in the book he went with Jaime and Brienne and then they were attacked and he was killed, rather than Jaime killing him in his escape attempt.

Back