HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, then in that case he was Renamed, because I can't remember what his name was in the book. Originally in the book he went with Jaime and Brienne and then they were attacked and he was killed, rather than Jaime killing him in his escape attempt.

Yes, he was renamed. He was originally Cleos Frey, the son of Tywin's sister, Genna.

The season one DVD/Blu-ray has been discontinued and will be re-released on June 10th without President Bush's decapitated head.

Fortunately they've probably only sold a couple million copies since Feb... :lol

Pretty much making a mountain out of a mole hill. The onscreen part is unrecognizable. If one of the producers hadn't mentioned it on the commentary, this wouldn't have become a ruckus. HBO can't be too happy with that guy.

This recall and re-release is going to cost HBO some money. The producer should have kept his mouth shut because nobody would have noticed it otherwise. They should have at least put an Obama head up next to Bush. I think that would have been funny and offensive to a larger segment of the audience.

This recall and re-release is going to cost HBO some money. The producer should have kept his mouth shut because nobody would have noticed it otherwise. They should have at least put an Obama head up next to Bush. I think that would have been funny and offensive to a larger segment of the audience.

It's easy to say he shouldn't have said anything in hindsight - who would have thought it would have made this much of a fuss? From what i understand it was just a random prop used from some all mannequins.
Ho well, at least we've got the original version of dvd's!

So, I guess the disclaimer on all movies about how "(Studio) and it's parent companies and/or subsidiaries do not share the opinions or beliefs of the commentary herein" doesn't mean anything.

Hell, I thought that's why they put it on, so in these situations, they can say "Hey, we don't agree with this, that's why the disclaimer is up. Get mad at this guy, not us"

:dunno

So, I guess the disclaimer on all movies about how "(Studio) and it's parent companies and/or subsidiaries do not share the opinions or beliefs of the commentary herein" doesn't mean anything.

Hell, I thought that's why they put it on, so in these situations, they can say "Hey, we don't agree with this, that's why the disclaimer is up. Get mad at this guy, not us"

:dunno

That disclaimer is there so if someone says "wow, working with so and so on the show was a real pain in the backside" or something similar, the company doesn't end up getting sued.

In this case, the disclaimer doesn't enter into it. A small production detail that the speaker thought was just a bit of trivia got latched onto by the press and became a PR headache, apparently enough so that HBO decided to take some pretty significant steps to address it.

Hardly a good idea to put the current President's head on a spike, that would have caused an outrage and would have made headlines around the world compared to this.

I personally think it was a bit of an inside joke and the producer thought it was a bit funny, so he blabbed about it on the dvd. Clearly not a very good idea.

This show ROCKS! Just watched season 1 and 2 in a week. Lots of late nights. :) Insane. Probably the best thing since 24.

Darth Lannister vs Master Stark

The battle scene from 300 was also done well.
I bet Lucas is doing these, he surfs the net looking for things to upgrade like his OT.

Don't give him any ideas. He could be scanning the forum right now. In fact, he could be any one of us. :horror

I've been wanting to watch this and finally got around to it yesterday and...holy ____. This is the greatest show ever created.

I just finished the second to last episode of season one and am about to watch the last. Can't believe he died. :horror

Oh, and Peter Dinklage is amazing.

Back