HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to commend you guys that can keep track of all these weirdo names and background characters. I'll freely admit to getting lost once I'm past the main cast.

I find that the threads and online talk force me to remember to learn their names. Otherwise I just don't care what their names are. I didn't know what that guy's name was who got killed by the shadow until I read a review that mentioned it.

:lol I have made up names based on almost everyone. But I have learned most of the major characters by now. :lol

I found that re-watching the first season helped me a great deal in knowing who is who, I picked up on things I missed the first time, now I love the show much more and I think I know everyones names! :yess:

I really felt for Tyrion in the final episode. That whole thing really ticked me off. I really hate his family.

That last scene with him and his girlfriend (can't remember her name) was so touching....Tyrion is one of the best characters on that show, imo.

Theon - I don't like him. I was pleased when he got hit over the head after his speech. I can see Dave's point about how Ned did a real disservice to his sons and Theon - but I can't forgive him for what he did (or what he thinks he did - killing the young Stark boys).

Glad Dany got her dragon's back (though I doubt anyone ever thought she wouldn't get them back) and it was pretty cool how she was able to use her powers and the dragon's fire to kill that sorcerer/warlock/whatever he was guy. And I like how she locked up those who betrayed her. She's really coming into her own - she seems like one who would do anything to help her people - but damn if you betray her -there are no second chances.

This season went by way too fast...and it's going to feel like forever before the next season starts again. At least True Blood is starting back up next week.

Just a slight correction, Theon doesn't think he killed Bran and Rickon, he knows he didn't. also tryion's "girlfriend"s" (or whore really) is Shae.

Last edited:
I've read the books, but they have changed a few things in season two, compared to the first season, so I was forgetting who some of the characters were as well.

Wasn't Roose Bolton meant to have been at Harrenhahl when Arya was there? I couldn't figure out who Bolton was until that scene in the finale where he tells Rob about sending his bastard to save Winterfell - that's when I realised it was him.

I liked that they built the relationship between Rob and Talisa (why'd they change it from Jeyne Westerling), but I'm not so sure about Catelyn knowing about it beforehand.

I loved the season. Kind of bummed that they took so many book 2 parts out and replaced them with book 3. I also felt that they did a bad job of showing why Winterfell burned down. RIP Master Luwin :(

This was a lot different in the book, so I expect early in season 3 they'll delve into this a bit more.

I didn't quite understand how all 20 Ironmen were able to get out of Winterfell, weren't they surrounded outside?

I've read the books, but they have changed a few things in season two, compared to the first season, so I was forgetting who some of the characters were as well.

Wasn't Roose Bolton meant to have been at Harrenhahl when Arya was there? I couldn't figure out who Bolton was until that scene in the finale where he tells Rob about sending his bastard to save Winterfell - that's when I realised it was him.

I liked that they built the relationship between Rob and Talisa (why'd they change it from Jeyne Westerling), but I'm not so sure about Catelyn knowing about it beforehand.

Yes he was, the whole Roose Bolton/Tywin/harrenhahl was very different from the book and show.

This was a lot different in the book, so I expect early in season 3 they'll delve into this a bit more.

I didn't quite understand how all 20 Ironmen were able to get out of Winterfell, weren't they surrounded outside?

I think they just let them leave since they gave up Theon, it doesn't matter whether they lived or died so it's no big deal.

Oh, right I thought they took Theon with them, not that they handed him over - this was very different to the book.

Yes he was, the whole Roose Bolton/Tywin/harrenhahl was very different from the book and show.

Yeah, I thought so, obviously they decided to add in those scenes between Tywin and Arya, perhaps to increase Tywin's role. I quite liked these scenes actually.

Not only that, but how did they destroyed Winterfell? Also, did they kill everybody that live there as well? That wasn't very clear to me. I mean, the whole place was destroyed and the only person we see is Master Luwin (I liked the guy, so off course he had to die). Also, where were the men Robb sent to Winterfell when his brothers walk out of it? Why weren't they retrieved/rescued by them? Can someone explain?

escape from secret tunnel?

Not only that, but how did they destroyed Winterfell? Also, did they kill everybody that live there as well? That wasn't very clear to me. I mean, the whole place was destroyed and the only person we see is Master Luwin (I liked the guy, so off course he had to die). Also, where were the men Robb sent to Winterfell when his brothers walk out of it? Why weren't they retrieved/rescued by them? Can someone explain?

They set Winterfell on fire. And Robb never sent anyone to Winterfell.

Maybe, but I don't think they killed the people in Winterfell. The last we saw them, they stabbed Luwin (may he RIP), picked up Theon, and were practically on their way out the door. I hope they explain what happened in the next season...because I don't buy that twenty men killed everyone in the city and destroyed it. They just wanted to leave.

I know Rob said he'd let everyone return to the Iron Islands except for Theon. Now, I thought Winterfell was surrounded by Robs men? Theon was going crazy about the horn blower and said as much.

The men outside Winterfell were Roose Bolton's bastard son and his men, sent there by Bolton for Robb.

Conversation from Episode 8

Robb: Still no word?
Bolton: We've sent a dozen ravens, none have returned. My bastard is only a few days from Winterfell, once he captures the castle..
Robb: Theon has my brothers, if we storm the castle..
Bolton: He wouldn't dare hurt the boys. They're his only hope of escaping the North with his head.
Robb: Send word to your son. Any Iron born who surrender, will be allowed to return safely to their homes..
Bolton: A touch of mercy is a virtue, your Grace, too much..
Robb: Any Iron born with the exception of Theon Greyjoy. He betrayed our cause, he betrayed me. We will hunt him down no matter where he runs.
Bolton: I expect his countrymen will turn on him the minute they hear the offer.

Bolton was correct, the Iron men turned on Greyjoy and gave him up to save themselves. The only matter now is what happened to Winterfell, who killed the people and who burnt it down because it couldn't have been the Iron men based on what we saw.

Correct, your confusion is that Ramsey Bolton's (Roose Bolton's bastard) men are Robbs, they aren't. The men that are Robbs would be considered men from Winterfell. The iron men did nothing to Winterfell.

I'd go into what actually happened, because it's not anything special in the book but I guess some people would consider it a spoiler. And I'm guessing they're going to be adding some parts from the other books to the next season that will deal with this since this stuff wasn't an issue at this time in the series.

I have read the books so I know what happened, but trying to keep book spoilers out of here for the sake of people who haven't read them.

Have we seen Ramsey yet in the show because I can't remember?

Oh good they are bringing in Jojen and Meera, I was worried they were going to edit them out altogether when they didn't have them in this season.

Back