Heath Ledger Found Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
10 Things... was a really good movie, one of those teen comedies that surprise you. The writing was good but it was seriously elevated by the performances of Ledger and Julia Stiles. It's based on Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew and I remember I kept thinking when I was watching the film that I'd really like to see this young guy take on the original role of Petruchio.

I'd suggest seeking the film out if you have even a passing interest in well done teen romantic comedies.

Sadly I think the way we are inundated with rumors and half-truths by the media surrounding the activities of celebrities is what fuels so much confusion and starts these threads were people get angry with each other.

As far as I know at this point there is no clear reason for his death, but w/in a half hour of the story breaking we have "experts"/interviewers discussing how Heath looked sad 6 weeks ago and wasn't sleeping well... and then making conjectures about it being a suicide. This coupled with an otherwise slow newsday results in this **** going on for hours and hours. IMO, that is completely inappropriate and irresponsible... yet its was the people want so thats what the "news" networks do.

More than likely we'll have a better sense of what happened in a few days (or weeks), but even then media will beat this story to death until it becomes less about the death of a young man and more about how many people can make a buck off of the situation.

Last edited:
The real sad issue is this isn't going to die down soon and his poor family is going to have to suffer through the media longer than a lot of instances because the TDK coming will just bring it all up again. It's wrong of the media to not just focus on the film when it comes out, but you know they'll be flashing this matter all over again when the time comes and bleeding more ratings out of it, which is disgusting and will in turn anger some people at the film makers cuz they'll think they're behind some of it for hype and promotion to but I like to think WB and Nolan are more classy than to pull stunts like that. I think it'd be really classy of them to delay the release now to give his family time.

D'oh, I was talking to a guy earlier about this who's name was Keith... sometimes my brain doesn't work as well by the end of the day :lol

I think it'd be really classy of them to delay the release now to give his family time.

As much of a classy move that'd be it'll never happen. The WB has a lot of money put into this film and I guarantee that they'll do a lot of memorial stuff but they wouldn't move the film and cost themselves more cash. The film will release as expected and I guarantee they'll be Heath stuff rehashed again for his family to go through....

The real sad issue is this isn't going to die down soon and his poor family is going to have to suffer through the media longer than a lot of instances because the TDK coming will just bring it all up again. It's wrong of the media to not just focus on the film when it comes out, but you know they'll be flashing this matter all over again when the time comes and bleeding more ratings out of it, which is disgusting and will in turn anger some people at the film makers cuz they'll think they're behind some of it for hype and promotion to but I like to think WB and Nolan are more classy than to pull stunts like that. I think it'd be really classy of them to delay the release now to give his family time.

Why would or should they delay the movie? It is still six months away. There is plenty of time before it comes out for everyone to move on even though it will be brought back up at that time. Death is a part of life that everyone needs to cope with and move on.

As much of a classy move that'd be it'll never happen. The WB has a lot of money put into this film and I guarantee that they'll do a lot of memorial stuff but they wouldn't move the film and cost themselves more cash. The film will release as expected and I guarantee they'll be Heath stuff rehashed again for his family to go through....

Yeah. It's a buisness. Besides, I don't think his family would care much for idea anyway. They'll take it a gesture of good faith, but I don't think they'd care about the release date.

It would pop up anyways no matter when the movie is released.

The images and videos of him being wheeled away from his apartment are incredibly sad. So, so tragic.

When I heard today, the first sites I checked were on the DC boards. Interestingly enough, if you check now, all threads related to Heath have been removed. Doesn't break my heart, most of them were pretty cruel and unneedingly meanspirited. I know, I got caught up in the knee-jerk reaction and firing off things I normally don't say to people. Made me sick to my stomach.
I mean come'on...if Harry Knowles can show alittle respect, don't you think the average fanboy can manage it?

Anyway, thanks to all the Freaks, the majority whom posting, realize a little extra kindness never hurt the world any. Makes me appreciate these boards that much more!

I am just so very angry at this. I've seen too many friends die or destroy their lives because of drugs and alcohol, and I've been there too. When I was young I did just about everything I could get my idiotic teenage hands on... except heroin.
Everyone knows you don't come back from heroin so why the hell do it?

Its probably the only thing more stupid than a Prince Albert piercing.

Stupid selfish sonofab!tch! I wish he lived just so someone could smack the livin' ***** out of him.
What the hell does it take to wake these people up? The list of celebrities with addictions is longer than War and Peace and every day there's a new one.

Ok now that the anger has passed, a bit, I really hope this was accidental. I have a very good friend who's father died of an overdose when she was an adult and her brother is still twisted in knots because of it.
I pray for his little girl.

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

Anyways, I read his Mother and Father, who are in Australia, had to find out from the media. Imagine.

All the Joker posters on eBay are $100 or more. I was actually planning to buy the one with him putting "Why So Serious?" on the window. Guess I can forget that. I wonder what will happen with the action figures? I bet scalpers will be buying them all up and ebay will be flooded and then it will back fire on them. :lol Since they definitely won't be limited. :rotfl

I did 2 paintings of the first image that was of the Joker. The face. One in Black & White and the other with color dots. :eek:

I don't care if it was suicide or not, doing drugs doesn't not make you a bad person.. I know this FIRST hand, as I have family whom do it, and **** in the end they're still my family and a GOOD person..

much respect.

hope you rest in piece Mr. Ledger.

If he did die accidentally especially with overdosing due to sleeping pills, cold medication and his pheumonia I hope that every news outlet spends as much time with the retraction as they do spending time hypothetically throwing him under the bridge.

Whether he died by accident or by suicide it doesn't make the loss of great talent any less tragic.
Quoted for truth.

"There but for the grace of God go I"

Everyone is different. We have different "demons", different faults, different weaknesses. And, most importantly, very different life experiences. This is one of many reasons why I find it hard to judge other people (except for Roger Clemens, that fat SOB :lol ).
Quoted for more truth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back