Heath Ledger Found Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: Heath Ledger was reportedly suffering from pneumonia, according to TMZ. The pills were over the counter sleeping pills and accidental overdose is not being ruled out. An autopsy is being performed tomorrow.

I was in class tonight and got a call from Les, telling me of this tragedy... And I could not focus the rest of the night. It stunned and shocked me to my very core. Heath was a great guy and he was just starting to cement his status in the world... It's terrible to hear that he is no longer with us.

And for you that are commenting on the speculation of suicide, you need to chill that poo out. Just because sleeping pills were there does not mean that he intentionally killed himself. It could have been an improper mixing of medication that killed him. It happens quite frequently in the world, one of my good buddies died that way in the back room of my Dad's Tattoo parlor... To call him a P.O.S and attack him now is pretty pointless. Best to be sure of what happened before jumping to rash conclusions.

Heath was a fantastic actor and a great father, he will be intensely missed by myself, his fans and family. My thoughts are out to his daughter and family in this dark time... :monkey2

I heard this on radio on drive home. Imediately said to myself outloud, "What the F##k." Very sad. this was so out of left field, who could have expected this. Was there a history of drugs with Heath? I won't pass any judgement here, because I know I've probably done worse and just got lucky.

More...

TMZ has been contacted by a rep from Heath's family. The cops told the family Heath's death was accidental and there is no evidence to support the buzz that he may have committed suicide.

They are particularly distraught over media reports that he may have taken his own life. The family says he was not that kind of person.

As we just reported, Heath was ill with pneumonia when he died.

If this was indeed an accidental overdose of over the counter pills due to pneumonia then it's even more tragic and a lot of folks out there who jumped to conclusions can go jump in a lake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bottom line is a man is dead and died to young, be it an accident or on purpose we are still without a great actor and person. Respect the dead and the child that was left behind.

really shocked me to hear this. I'm looking forward to his performance as the Joker and I really didn't believe it when I heard it.

Trev

Thank you for posting that picture of Heath and his daughter Krayt Dragon. I hadn't seen that picture before and it really illustrates how tragic this death is.

So you hope this kids dad burns in hell eh?You don't know him you don't know **** about him.We don't know what personal **** he was going through..demons etc.So it's impossible to judge......for most that is!!:rolleyes:

R.I.P.

heatrh_ledger.jpg

Read my post you ****ing moron. I said that those comments were only based on rumors but I'd back them up if what is 'rumored' is true.

I didn't even know he had a child. That makes this even more of a cowardly move. What kind of piece of **** that has everything to live for does this even though he has a child? So to answer your question, yes I hope this cowardly ass hole does burn in hell.

Again, all comments are subject to the autopsy. :monkey1

More...

If this was indeed an accidental overdose of over the counter pills due to pneumonia then it's even more tragic and a lot of folks out there who jumped to conclusions can go jump in a lake.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

Well put. The guy is dead. His family is mourning and those of us who cared are as well. It looks accidental, the signs point to accidental, and it really is not our place to try and tear the man apart before even KNOWING what the Hell happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very sad news....IF it was an accidental overdose, then I think that is even more tragic than if it was purposeful. It just makes his death more wrong. It sucks because I could see a great future for Heath. I remember the first movie I saw him in was "A Knights Tale", and I really enjoyed it and I wondered who is that actor in the lead role?

RIP Heath Ledger

Read my post you ****ing moron. I said that those comments were only based on rumors but I'd back them up if what is 'rumored' is true.

I didn't even know he had a child. That makes this even more of a cowardly move. What kind of piece of **** that has everything to live for does this even though he has a child? So to answer your question, yes I hope this cowardly ass hole does burn in hell.

Again, all comments are subject to the autopsy. :monkey1

I do not understand this tact, Loki. Seriously. Why not just wait until AFTER the autopsy before throwing the guy under the bus? Making those kinds of harsh comments based solely on rumor defeats any purpose.

And weren't you one of the guys giving me a hard time for not giving Roger Clemens the benefit of the doubt after a government inquiry accused him of taking steroids? And I stopped darn well short of wishing him to rot in Hell. :lecture

Come on, dude... you're better than this.

I find it really sad that a tragedy like this brings out venom and name calling in people.

I do not understand this tact, Loki. Seriously. Why not just wait until AFTER the autopsy before throwing the guy under the bus? Making those kinds of harsh comments based solely on rumor defeats any purpose.

And weren't you one of the guys giving me a hard time for not giving Roger Clemens the benefit of the doubt after a government inquiry accused him of taking steroids? And I stopped darn well short of wishing him to rot in Hell. :lecture

Come on, dude... you're better than this.

It really has nothing to do with him personally, but all these stupid celebs that have everything I could ever want and act like f'n prats. I just felt the need to get my .02 in. I will completely recind all comments about him personally if it turns out to be different.

Man, I just got told less than an hour ago. My mom decided to wait till after my class to tell me. First I didn't believe it. She also was hoping for a hoax. Not as bad as having someone very close to you die, but still bad. First thing that came into my mind was "didn't he have a daughter?". Only the good die young.

:monkey2

I loved Heath's body of work as I say early into this post waaay back in 10 Things I Hate About You. I'm Catholic and have heard all of the anti-suicide talk since I was about 7. I know the idea of suicide is looked down upon in modern society for a ton of reasons, but the way I see it IF and its a big IF since an autopsy hasn't even been completed he took this own life then I hope his soul has finally found rest and peace. For someone to take their own life they must really feel tortured and like there was no other answer. You can put any spin on it you want the fact is someone who has the self destructive behavior.

If he did die accidentally especially with overdosing due to sleeping pills, cold medication and his pheumonia I hope that every news outlet spends as much time with the retraction as they do spending time hypothetically throwing him under the bridge.

Whether he died by accident or by suicide it doesn't make the loss of great talent any less tragic.

we'll find out what was in his system, and the reason in a few days.

I do wonder though, if he wasn't doing the joker role, would there be as much interest in here?

we'll find out what was in his system, and the reason in a few days.

I do wonder though, if he wasn't doing the joker role, would there be as much interest in here?

I know Id still be interested. After Brokeback he was coming off a career high and was really hitting his stride in the profession. Now we will never know if that potential would be attained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back