Heath Ledger Found Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still can't believe he is dead. You just don't think how someone's death effects the film business so much until they are gone. Can you imagine if it had been Christian Bale instead? Or Daniel Craig? The third Batman or next Bond film just wouldn't be the same. The Dark Knight is going to feel a lot different now. I just hope they don't edit anything out because of this. If the Joker dies (hopefully not) then problem solved. If he lives, he either needs to be in Arkham or at large. Either one of those and he wouldn't be needed.

I just hope the story didn't require the Joker to pop up as a main player in the third film. What then? Recast? CGI (like Beowulf)? Rewrite? If they recast, Johnny Depp looks enough like Ledger (the cheek bones) and has the acting ability to pull it off. Too bad. I was really looking forward to seeing the Joker pop up in the future.

I'm just glad they finished shooting the Dark Knight. I can't imagine what a nightmare to have to resituation the film during the middle of a shoot. The crewman's death was bad enough I'm sure.

This also got me thinking. Can an Oscar be given to a dead man. Say Daniel Day-Lewis is found dead tomorrow. Can he still win the Oscar? Michael Caine thought Heath would be nominated for the Joker, but I just don't see that happening now, which is too bad because he could have won.

I know I'm starting to ramble (or already did a while ago), but it is helping me clear my thoughts. I was obviously uber-excited for the Dark Knight, but this just takes a lot of that away. Hope we hear some news about the effects on the film soon.

This has been on my mind all day....and I still can not believe it's true. So terribly, terribly sad. I didn't know him at all, but I feel this loss, nonetheless. My prayers are also with his family, friends and especially his daughter.
I personally don't think this was suicidal....I also don't think he had a drug problem....people can OD from OTC medications...and if he had pneumonia...who knows...plus he was found face down.....High doses of aspirin (often found in OTC sleep meds) can make one vomit....if he was fast asleep from the sleeping pills....well you can guess what could happen. But this is all speculation and no matter how he died, the fact is it is still a horrible tragedy.

Last edited:
At this point I wonder if Nolan will ever make a third Batman. He obviously has to finish Dark Knight, but I wonder if this will prevent him and principle cast members from returning. You just can't replace Heath like Katie.

I don't care if it was suicide or not, doing drugs doesn't not make you a bad person.. I know this FIRST hand, as I have family whom do it, and **** in the end they're still my family and a GOOD person..

much respect.

hope you rest in piece Mr. Ledger.

I couldn't agree more. I hate how insensity people are even in my city. Oh he had it coming. Or he deserved it.. you take drugs, expect the worse. I don't feel sorry for him.

Yes, they are now saying it was in fact sleeping pills that attributed to his death. The media said it was heroin before, because we all know how they (the media) are well known for spinning the truth. Obviously the news of his death wasn't shocking enough, so they had to build it up more by making erroneous claims. It was sleeping pills, and he took more than he should have. It was linked to the Joker character he had portrayed in the latest Batman adaption. It became a thing of obsession much like Daniel Day-Lewis had problems during the time he portrayed the character of the Butcher in Gangs of New York. Daniel even said he was prescribed sleeping pills because he became so obsessed with honing his craft that he couldn't sleep right. Same thing happened with Heath.

What happened here is Heath's body became immune to the prescribed amount of pills he was told to take. Some believe he probably took way beyond the recommended amount to get that satisfaction. Was it the best decision? Obviously the outcome suggests the answer to that question.

This is just pure speculation of course. But remember, this is a guy who has had a great career as an actor. Had a beautiful wife, child, family, and friends. I doubt he wanted this for himself. Again, pure speculation and I can only guess what happened. But to say good riddance, or he deserved it, is disgraceful, sick, and plain down right stupid and evil!

Again, so what if it was even heroin and it was self inflicted..this guy was some person's child, sibling, father, lover, friend, etc.

Often I forget how cruel and insensitive this world can be. Unfortunately, sad moments/tragedies such as this one really remind you just how awful it can get out there. I wished more people were able to think outside of the narrow minded boxes they live in, and put themselves in the shoes or place of other's. Perhaps they wouldn't make such brash and careless comments.

That's my two cents.

Last edited:
I know there is a lot of speculation still on what meds/drugs he was on...

but... I think Hollywood should start cracking down (like the NFL, MLB, or a majority of normal jobs) on a NO Illegal Substance policy. They should do random drug tests on these actors and suspend them from work. If all the studios worked on this together I think they could come up with a way to manage it. I do not think these celebrities should be drug free because they are role models (although they are and they should think about that). But the studios should want them drug free from a buisness point of veiw. Warner has invested a ton of money into their Batman franchise and they are trying to make it top quality for the fans. Now, obviously, they will have to find a new Joker if the character continues in the story. It just seems that the studios would want to give themselves protection/comfort by having their actors clean.

I only say this because most other lines of work have the same mentality. If I were drug tested and pot showed up in my system I would most certainly be fired. There are alot of employers with high standards... I think that Hollywood should have those standards as well.

There's a couple of problems with this line of reasoning.

1: Why differentiate between people who destroy themselves by abusing illegal substances and those that destroy themselves by abusing legal substances? Way way way more people wreck their own loves (and those of others) with alcohol than with all other drugs put together, so why limit things in that way?

In my opinion, at some point things have to be about each individual's own responsibility, so if someone wants to wreck their life in any number of ways it's on their head, not on society. We're already way too "big brother" for my comfort as it is.

2: If Hollywood had a "zero-tolerance" substance abuse policy there would be no one left to make movies. ;D

Still can't believe he is dead. You just don't think how someone's death effects the film business so much until they are gone. Can you imagine if it had been Christian Bale instead? Or Daniel Craig? The third Batman or next Bond film just wouldn't be the same. The Dark Knight is going to feel a lot different now. I just hope they don't edit anything out because of this. If the Joker dies (hopefully not) then problem solved. If he lives, he either needs to be in Arkham or at large. Either one of those and he wouldn't be needed.

I just hope the story didn't require the Joker to pop up as a main player in the third film. What then? Recast? CGI (like Beowulf)? Rewrite? If they recast, Johnny Depp looks enough like Ledger (the cheek bones) and has the acting ability to pull it off. Too bad. I was really looking forward to seeing the Joker pop up in the future.

I'm just glad they finished shooting the Dark Knight. I can't imagine what a nightmare to have to resituation the film during the middle of a shoot. The crewman's death was bad enough I'm sure.

This also got me thinking. Can an Oscar be given to a dead man. Say Daniel Day-Lewis is found dead tomorrow. Can he still win the Oscar? Michael Caine thought Heath would be nominated for the Joker, but I just don't see that happening now, which is too bad because he could have won.

I know I'm starting to ramble (or already did a while ago), but it is helping me clear my thoughts. I was obviously uber-excited for the Dark Knight, but this just takes a lot of that away. Hope we hear some news about the effects on the film soon.

I think it's possible that he could win the Oscar. Obviously we don't know how good his performance is yet, but if it's good enough then sure. Usually films that come out earlier in the year don't win Oscars--even if they are good. But since Dark Knight is coming out half-way into the year, plus coupled with Heath Ledger's death, I think it could provide the kick needed to keep him in people's minds when it comes to the Oscars next year.

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I heard the news around 10 hrs ago-ONLY just got home to see it all over the local news!!!!
Very sad day indeed-i feel like Luke on the Millenium falcon talking to leia about Ben "I cant believe he's gone"
I cant believe his fire has gone out of the universe!!!!
This will be a day LONG remembered...
From a fellow Aussie to another.....
R.I.P Heath-"May flights of Angels wing you to your sleep".

It was sleeping pills, and he took more than he should have. It was linked to the Joker character he had portrayed in the latest Batman adaption. It became a thing of obsession much like Daniel Day-Lewis had problems during the time he portrayed the character of the Butcher in Gangs of New York. Daniel even said he was prescribed sleeping pills because he became so obsessed with honing his craft that he couldn't sleep right. Same thing happened with Heath.

What happened here is Heath's body became immune to the prescribed amount of pills he was told to take. Some believe he probably took way beyond the recommended amount to get that satisfaction. Was it the best decision? Obviously the outcome suggests the answer to that question.

And, that is exactly what I think happened. I truly do believe it was connected to the overwhelming physical and psychological demands of the roles he chose. I remember reading an interview a couple months back, after TDK wrapped, with him saying something along the lines of, "I'm glad this wasn't a role that required me to constantly be on set. It was essential for me to take a break, since it was so draining, mentally and physically."

While it's been months since the shoot wrapped, there's no reason to believe he didn't become dependent on the sleeping pills that he took as a result of his demanding role/roles as an actor.

It was simply the wrong combination and too much of it.

At this point I wonder if Nolan will ever make a third Batman. He obviously has to finish Dark Knight, but I wonder if this will prevent him and principle cast members from returning. You just can't replace Heath like Katie.

I hope not. But I don't think I'd want someone else to play the Joker. It just wouldn't feel right. I guess we'll see were this all leads later.

Maybe leave the Joker out. That would put some pricks in their places. :cool:

Its a sad sad waste, whether it was deliberate or a mistake just goes to show you money and fame doesnt necassarily make you Happy !

and yes as someones already posted watching a movie with him in now is gonna be "odd" to say the least

its just a damn shame

What a ****ing waste!!! We were damn near the same age and I just don't get it. I would've killed to have the life that he had. To be a ****ing movie star, millionaire, and an actual talented actor. What is so ****ing rough about that life? It just disgusts me. I'm not a God fearing man but this is one of the few times I hope there is a hell so this idiot can rot there.

What a narrow-minded statement.

It's so sad - and it was a really an irritating situation: I heard about his death just minutes after I had been in "Control" [a movie about Ian Curtis, lead singer of "Joy Division" who killed himself at the age of 23] and right in the middle of a discussion with my friends about the tragic of a young talent's death..

My thoughts are with Heath's family and friends at this difficult time

Shell
x

Last edited:
This reminds me of when Brandon Lee died during The Crow...circumstances are drastically different, but it's still sad when someone at the start of the career dies a senseless death.

My prayers go out to his family.

You can't condemn people for statements on a message board. This is a very emotional situation. Immediately as I heard the news I started drawing correlations to everyone (sadly a long list) of people I know who died too young, and anger is a common response. Two years ago a friend died from a prescription drug interaction where he took pain killers for his back and an anti depressant and nexium. He vomited and aspirated leaving behind a 10 month old daughter.
The people expressing insensitive remarks and anger aren't necessarily being cold.

You can't condemn people for statements on a message board. This is a very emotional situation. Immediately as I heard the news I started drawing correlations to everyone (sadly a long list) of people I know who died too young, and anger is a common response. Two years ago a friend died from a prescription drug interaction where he took pain killers for his back and an anti depressant and nexium. He vomited and aspirated leaving behind a 10 month old daughter.
The people expressing insensitive remarks and anger aren't necessarily being cold.

That is a very slippery slope, though.

It's always best to just reserve judgment.

I would just like to say that this really sucks!I was always drawn to Ledger and thought that he was quite an remarkable actor.When I first saw him in Monsters ball I thought Wow,this guy has something.He had a small part in that movie,but his performance as the son was huge.Some are sayin he gave such a huge performance in The Dark Night.I think The Dark Night will be quite the tribute to his life,and ability.

And for those who are talking that mad poo about his untimley death.What the fu%# do you know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back