Heath Ledger Joker Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats man !
Thanks! I was stuck between his and SeeArt's sculpt for the longest. After looking over SeeArt's sculpt more though, I found myself not liking it as much. It was starting to come across more awkward than anything the longer I stared at it.

It's an incredible sculpt but there's a level of realism that I'm getting when looking at John's sculpt that I'm really liking. It really gives you that behind the scenes photography look.

veb02dM.png

41CrkrQ.png

XTqnLma.png

c6yc5In.png

Thanks! I was stuck between his and SeeArt's sculpt for the longest. After looking over SeeArt's sculpt more though, I found myself not liking it as much. It was starting to come across more awkward than anything the longer I stared at it.

It's an incredible sculpt but there's a level of realism that I'm getting when looking at John's sculpt that I'm really liking. It really gives you that behind the scenes photography look.

veb02dM.png

41CrkrQ.png

XTqnLma.png

c6yc5In.png
I think it's the squinted eyes that give it that extra bit of realism. The sense of "Am I looking at a sculpture, or a real person caught in the moment?"

See Arts sculpt can certainly look awkward in the wrong pose. It's not so versatile, particularly with the eyes looking to the right. You gotta have his head turned to the right, in the direction of where he's looking. Then it's really effective. Otherwise you could end up with something like this

8d85e8168e4a8afc93ce951e4e231d83.jpeg

Agreed. They're both really well done. Just not expressions I'd like to own in my personal collection.
I’ve become so fastidious about it all that I have to love things immensely or it’s a waste of funds and time. By the time you receive one and send it off for work another is made that you like more, now you’re stuck with two sculpts, one of which you may or may not break even on. There has to be zero doubt in decision making regarding customs.

I’ve become so fastidious about it all that I have to love things immensely or it’s a waste of funds and time. By the time you receive one and send it off for work another is made that you like more, now you’re stuck with two sculpts, one of which you may or may not break even on. There has to be zero doubt in decision making regarding customs.
That's a rule for collecting in general, but especially true for customs, yeah

This is a sickness people!

Let's all help each other stop. First one to make it 30 days without ordering any Ledger parts gets a token.
Haha I’ve already passed that so I guess I’m clear. I’d probably be down for the Iris 2.0 set if it were to ever get off the ground. Though, Iris tends to take a loooooong time if you’re not one of their friends and/or preferred project managers I hear

Last edited:
That's a rule for collecting in general, but especially true for customs, yeah
That’s why upgrades will be the only thing pulling me out of retirement. Cheers to those infatuated by everything coming out enough to go crazy with it all. Unfortunately it’s had the opposite effect on me, I find myself more disinterested in the hobby at large now.

That’s why upgrades will be the only thing pulling me out of retirement. Cheers to those infatuated by everything coming out enough to go crazy with it all. Unfortunately it’s had the opposite effect on me, I find myself more disinterested in the hobby at large now.
That’s understandable. I’ve been fairly vocal about being more and more disinterested as well. Though, I can’t lie and say I don’t get excited about new releases of characters I am interested in. That said, I’m thinking I’m enjoying the “window shopping” aspect more and more than actually owning as time goes on. Of course, I have pieces that I would ideally like to take to the grave so to speak; but, more and more pieces I begin to ask myself “why did I order this” by the time it’s actually in my hands :lol :slap

Last edited:
That’s understandable. I’ve been fairly vocal about being more and more disinterested as well. Though, I can’t lie and say I don’t get excited about new releases of characters I am interested in. Though, I’m thinking I’m enjoying the “window shopping” aspect more and more than actually owning as time goes on. Of course, I have pieces that I would ideally like to take to the grave so to speak; but, more and more pieces I begin to ask myself “why did I order this” by the time it’s actually in my hands.
Yep, I had a standard and deluxe Keaton 89 on PO, was going to turn the standard into the battle damaged look from the end of the film but decided to cancel one and just keep the deluxe, I don’t need it. Who knows perhaps a company or artist decides to give us the damaged look when it releases.

Think about if you’d track down a release say six months after it releases, without worrying about cost, when all the hype dies down. If you wouldn’t, you don’t want it.

Think about if you’d track down a release say six months after it releases, without worrying about cost, when all the hype dies down. If you wouldn’t, you don’t want it.
I always think of cost, so that’s not the best rule for myself haha no shade if thar helps you, though. I think some figures just outlive their display time as collecting ideas change. Like the Sideshow comic figures I’ve had for example. I’ve enjoyed them for the years I’ve had them and the upgrades I made to them, but my collecting focus has changed since they were originally released (some of them like ~10 years ago or so 😳) and they just no longer have a place. But yes, this board definitely builds up the hype a lot for some figures that’s for sure :lol i think that happened for me with Padme and Kenobi Vader, both of which are sitting in the closet at the moment haha

Last edited:
I meant hypothetically to see if you actually want it, would you cough up the money to obtain it after you missed it upon release regardless of how much it’d set you back, something you just need to have. That’s a question I am trying to implement into my own collecting habits anytime I purchase, although I’m struggling with the Artisan Joker. I have it and have put money on it, but don’t know if I need it, kind of just want to see how it turns out in my own hands I guess. I’ve pretty much already set up a display of what would go where in the eventual arrival of the DF120s so I’m pretty firm in what I’ll buy but some things are definitely tempting to stray. Selling stuff is a pain and the thought of owning things I don’t want is enough to snap me out of it.

I ordered the shoes, and 3 Blade Runner hands. I received 4 items, 2 of which were correct, 2 of which were wrong, and no shoes.

They said it was a "registration error".

I don't know where this is going. I'm waiting to hear from them.
So they are gonna bear the shipping costs right?

Back