Heath Ledger Joker Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I remember getting the Mattel TDK figures from Toys-r-us back during the launch of the film. News of his death before the film released was so strange to see as a young kid, didn’t know how to feel seeing his body rolled out in a body bag in NY as a 9-10 year old on TV that January, kind of still don’t.

Then eventually seeing the Hot Toys TDK line, but being too young to buy them so I forgot about the hobby until 2017 when I finally bought a couple from the HT line.

So many memories looking at these, man.

IMG_5009.jpeg

IMG_5010.jpeg

IMG_5011.jpeg

Yeah I remember getting the Mattel TDK figures from Toys-r-us back during the launch of the film. News of his death before the film released was so strange to see as a young kid, didn’t know how to feel, kind of still don’t.

Then eventually seeing the Hot Toys TDK line, but being too young to buy them so I forgot about the hobby until 2017 when I finally bought a couple from the HT line.

So many memories looking at these, man.

View attachment 734421
View attachment 734422
View attachment 734423

I don't remember seeing these.

Perhaps the toys didn't take off for TDK here, or maybe I wasn't paying attention. I was mostly into WWE at the time. But I have lots of fond memories for the Batman Begins line.

I can't say for certain, but I'm 90% sure these were the exact figures in question. I lugged these 2 around everywhere I went, lol. I must have been 7 or 8 years old.

bmf__42162.jpg
41W3N5K5KRL.jpg

I also remember nagging my parents about this belt

$_57-01.jpeg
41EYVKCD1ZL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

And as I was looking through these pictures on google, I unlocked another memory. I definitely had this mask and chest piece as well.

s-l1200.jpg
5174SV0SS9L._AC_UY1100_-01.jpeg

Man, it's nice to look back on those days..

I was mostly into WWE at the time. But I have lots of fond memories for the Batman Begins line.
I was also into WWF/ WWE as a kid, along with LOTR. Back when John Cena and JBL had that epic Judgement Day fight. I was a big Hardy Boyz fan.
Man, it's nice to look back on those days..
Absolutely.
So simple, yeah there was issues including the 2008 Great Recession, but as kids that didn’t matter one bit. The entertainment back then sheltered us from the realities of the world. I feel bad for the kids of today, no quality entertainment, everything is black and white now. Everything in an attempt to guide you one way or another.

I was 7 or 8 when it hit cinema but I saw it way later on the big screen in early 2020.

My Batman movie growing up was actually Batman 89 even tho it's not my generation at all.

I guess we babies are into Joker customs a lot here. 🤣

Also here the final paint for this sculpture !
I love it ! We decided to be a little less accurate to the make-up in the scene I asked which makes him more versatile, you'd have to know his make-up in every scene to be able to pick the exact one.

1000013023.jpg

It's funny because I was also into WWE at that time and also a big fan of Jeff Hardy. 😂
I'm still a huge wrestling fan today actually.

It seems like we're quite similar in our tastes.
Hardy Boyz were cool!
Also was into Degeneration-X!

I haven’t watched WWE since probably 2008? If I had to guess? They lost my interest when they started to get tamer
in their shows, more kid friendly, more commercial friendly but also due to me becoming interested in other things as I grew up.

I loved the drawn out long matches
that really entertained you. Does anyone remember that PPV New year’s Revolution 2006 back then? With the Elimination Chamber? Crazy memories.

Same.

I believe the majority on the forum are in the 40-60 age range which is kind of wild when you think about it, here we are, friends with our parents friends basically. :lol
Just turned 28 a few days ago 🤙 but have been buying these things forever 👀 first one I saved up for and bought was the OG bank robber Joker

Just turned 28 a few days ago 🤙 but have been buying these things forever 👀 first one I saved up for and bought was the OG bank robber Joker
That was the first Hot Toys release I ever saw, that along with that old DC direct Joker!

IMG_5015.jpeg

Never picked any of them up, but it is funny, first one I saw was the original Bank Robber HT, first HT I bought was the Bank Robber 2.0 so I guess it came full circle. :lol

That was the first Hot Toys release I ever saw, that along with that old DC direct Joker!

View attachment 734449

Never picked any of them up, but it is funny, first one I saw was the original Bank Robber HT, first HT I bought was the Bank Robber 2.0 so I guess it came full circle. :lol
I got lucky when I was young in that I was able to make decent cash and also had only child privileges lol so I would always ask for my bday or Christmas to have my parents split the cost with me. Stopped collecting and sold everything when I was like 18, but when I met my now wife I started back up again.

I got lucky when I was young in that I was able to make decent cash and also had only child privileges lol so I would always ask for my bday or Christmas to have my parents split the cost with me. Stopped collecting and sold everything when I was like 18, but when I met my now wife I started back up again.
When I was a kid I always bought the smaller scaled stuff 1:12 and below, must have spent a fortune between all of the IPs.

What deterred me from the larger 1:6 was the price points, thought they were too expensive for one item, rather run into TRU and get multiple things instead.

Congrats on the wife bro!
I’m still doing my thing out here. :rotfl

WWE was peak around 06-07.
I loved Jeff. I loved DX. Hell.. I loved everybody on the roster (except Orton and Edge)

Stopped around 08-09 when it became PG
I actually saw all of those guys live
back in ‘07 when they came through town.

Great experience as a kid, they were like gods then.

Oh that must have been nice. Even by today’s standard, I'd like to attend a live event. A rumble maybe.
I’d like to get obnoxiously drunk one evening and watch that! I don’t wish to be older, but to see their peak back then at my age now would’ve been a thrill.

I don't know. That magic it had was also due to being young. And believing most of it was real.
I don’t know, back then wrestling was really some of the best entertainment around, just about everyone was into it, it would seem.

‘90s had epic concerts, ‘00s had epic wrestling matches.

Now it’s about influencers and traveling not to travel but to post photos showing others you’re traveling.

I don’t know, back then wrestling was really some of the best entertainment around, just about everyone was into it, it would seem.

‘90s had epic concerts, ‘00s had epic wrestling matches.

Now it’s about influencers and traveling not to travel but to post photos showing others you’re traveling.
We grew up in a beautiful time that kids of the present and the future will never know. We crossed a point of no return. We're the last of our kind.

Back