Premium Format Hellraiser Pinhead Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pinhead

good thinking phil , hope we can clear this up and its just a website error. Sure there is a good explanation why the video has been removed.

Man, this worries me. I know there are licensing issues with the HR franchise as evidenced by the cruddy "Revelations" STV that's being released. Hope it doesn't spill over into their merchandise. Generally, SS does their due diligence in securing licenses before starting new projects. Hopefully this comes through...

Did I just read that Dimension Films wanted a PG-13 Hellraiser? The words "Family-Friendly" and "Hellraiser" shouldn't even be in the same paragraph let alone thought of as a good idea. This tells me all I need to know, someone get the rights to these films away from those idiots.

You read correctly "family Friendly" and why we at it lets make it a Romance comedy. Farmer and Lussier and esp Clive Barker should and will not ever let a PG-13 Hellraiser happen, like they said "it seems impossible to do ‘Hellraiser’ as a PG-13"

This a PG-13 movie ... my a$$

in-hell-350x258.jpg

I think Clive was referring to the latest straight to DVD release, not the remake. But if the sequel was either "family friendly" or "PG-13" I imagine the reaction would be the same :lol

And personally I see no reason to remake Hellraiser... every remake horror flick so far has sucked and this one would be no different.

Why the ____ do they think they have to remake Hellraiser, in the first place?!? :confused:

Because Hollywood is too ____ing cheap to risk $$$ on a new idea. They seem to think they can get more money from remakes, and the sheep who attend them and purchase merchandise from them are proving to Hollywood that they're right. :monkey1

Because Hollywood is too ____ing cheap to risk $$$ on a new idea. They seem to think they can get more money from remakes, and the sheep who attend them and purchase merchandise from them are proving to Hollywood that they're right. :monkey1
I'm not even sure they have any new ideas. Even most of the "new ideas" seem to borrow so much from previously created ideas. Has everything already been done? Is there nothing more that is created that can be new? Is this all there is? Let's get our heads out of our asses and make something new AND righteous, shall we Hollywood? Thanks!

Agreed - Hollywood is risk-averse and will tend to safer properties with proven track records (see eg. Harry Potter and Twilight). It's a no-brainer that they would remake pretty much all of the 70's and 80's horror classics. As an aside, anyone get the Hellraiser 2 blu-ray? Thoughts?

S

I have a fantastic idea, instead of them Remaking Hellraiser or doing yet another pointless sequel. Why not do one based on the book Clive just wrote about the Cenobites called the Scarlet Gospels? *Gasp* What a novel idea, including original material!

I have a fantastic idea, instead of them Remaking Hellraiser or doing yet another pointless sequel. Why not do one based on the book Clive just wrote about the Cenobites called the Scarlet Gospels? *Gasp* What a novel idea, including original material!

Because that book does not exist yet. It's been "almost done" or "done" for like a decade now but nobody has seen it.

Because that book does not exist yet. It's been "almost done" or "done" for like a decade now but nobody has seen it.

And it's also an "original" concept. Too risky. :monkey1

Last I saw Clive was qutoed as saying "Looking for a publisher", not like they can't just turn it into a movie from a copy of the transcript.

But as a wise man has already said, too risky.

Why not? If Clive's already copyrighted it, it's fine. That's exactly what they do anyway, passing it off to a script writer (though Clive is more than capable). :lol

I agree with this. You gotta rely on foreign movies to get true horror films that aren't afraid of an R rating over PG-13 a rating or being remakes.

I agree with this. You gotta rely on foreign movies to get true horror films that aren't afraid of an R rating over PG-13 a rating or being remakes.

I agree and disagree. the Foreign horror film market has been and always will be there, they make them because they love them. However every once in a while you get an American horror film that isn't afraid to be exactly what it's supposed to be, you just have to sift through the crap to find them.

Back