Premium Format Hellraiser Pinhead Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pinhead

why remake countless films, you ask? Quite frankly I think its because so many of the "talented" people in Hollywood are incapable of creating a new and original idea. They are unimaginative and lazy. That about sums it up. Every now and again you get something semi original like 6th Sense or The Matrix...but mostly its poop or remakes or remakes of poop.

Why do you suppose comic books are now the medium of choice for screenplays? The ideas are fresh to the non comic reading public---and most of the thought process/thinking is already done for them.

Think about it for a minute. They take bits and pieces of stories that are already written and an origin thats already laid out. The costumes and art direction are already iconic and created ~~so lazy designers dont have to do anything except screw up existing ideas, the storyboarding is already laid out in a lot of cases (check out 30 Days of Night or Walking Dead for a clearer idea of this), and in some cases they even snatch up core dialogue thats already written("With Great power comes great responsibility").

All of us geeks think that Hollywood has discovered our venues and consider it art at long last. That its finally getting the recognition thats due it. The reality is a lot of lazy people are walking over to the ready made package and putting it on film rather than use their brains to think up something new. Peter Bogdonavich said "all the good movies have already been made" in 1968 in his film "Targets" with Boris karloff. He was wrong. But someone really needs to give somebody who can write and some talent a break. Scream and the first Saw are perfect examples of something new that new talent wrote.

But its easier to be lazy and safe.:lecture:lecture:lecture:peace

I agree and disagree. the Foreign horror film market has been and always will be there, they make them because they love them. However every once in a while you get an American horror film that isn't afraid to be exactly what it's supposed to be, you just have to sift through the crap to find them.

Perfect example of this is The Descent.

r... every remake horror flick so far has sucked and this one would be no different.

hey ... not every remake has sucked :lol. I can give you a couple examples of remakes i really enjoyed, john carpentars "the thing", def in my top 5 fav horror movies, texas chainsaw massacre remake and sequel was good and the original texas chiansaw massacre is my FAV horror movie of all time so i had very low standards for the remake ...

If they ever do a hellraiser remake I would bet my $$ it'll be a prequel one where i hope it has how Frank on how he came to know about the cube and his journey in finding it which i am pretty interested in :peace

the first descent is freakin' awesome. second one isn't as good but still worth watching.

I saw The Descent in theater, but didn't like it that much. I guess I'm going to have to give it another look see, maybe tonight if I can dig it up on netflix...

I saw The Descent in theater, but didn't like it that much. I guess I'm going to have to give it another look see, maybe tonight if I can dig it up on netflix...

The Descent (to me) was one of those horror films that makes you say to yourself "this is why I like horror so much". It's original, gorey, scary and totally believable and great acting.

The Descent (to me) was one of those horror films that makes you say to yourself "this is why I like horror so much". It's original, gorey, scary and totally believable and great acting.

I can't say that's fully original because I think that a lot of the plot devices were borrowed from Alien, but it is still a good movie.

Wow, you'd think if it was an Alien rip-off I would have at least remembered that and kind of liked it. But all I remember feeling is exactly what nam said, and kind of wanting it to end. I think there were a couple of good scare moments.

I'm just really going to have to give it another watch.

I too, like originality.

Darkness any thoughts on sideshow removing the pinhead preview? You are a good subject matter expect on things sideshow, could this mean anything?

Hard to say, when you search Pinhead it takes you to the Rogue preview video, so he is at least still in the search engine, even though it takes you to the wrong video.

It wouldn't be the the first time Sideshow lost a license in the middle of producing products, but I would like to think thats not the case here. Not gonna start to chicken little just yet.

hey ... not every remake has sucked :lol. I can give you a couple examples of remakes i really enjoyed, john carpentars "the thing", def in my top 5 fav horror movies, texas chainsaw massacre remake and sequel was good and the original texas chiansaw massacre is my FAV horror movie of all time so i had very low standards for the remake ...

If they ever do a hellraiser remake I would bet my $$ it'll be a prequel one where i hope it has how Frank on how he came to know about the cube and his journey in finding it which i am pretty interested in :peace

I've been told that the John Carpenter's the Thing is actually not a remake... but a different version based on a pre-existing story. But I can agree with that one, although its already a vintage remake. Also I'd put that more in the scifi category even though it certainly has some horror elements.

But the new Texas Chainsaw Massacres were weak IMO, just like F13, NOES and Halloween.

Back