Premium Format Hellraiser Pinhead Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pinhead

Anyone read Clive Barker's work? I'm looking forward to The Scarlet Gospels. I know he's been working on that for a very long time. It will reveal the background of the cenobites, Pinhead's true name and a bunch of other interesting stuff.

Been waiting on it for years, I am looking forward to it, but am afraid I will be more disappointed than anything. Not sure how much I really wanna know about the Order of the Gash, and Barkers best writing years are behind him, I think. I will read it for sure, if it ever comes out, but honestly trying to keep my expectations low. I just hope he doesnt try to reveal or explain to much.

Cool that Harry D'Amour will be in it though.

Been waiting on it for years, I am looking forward to it, but am afraid I will be more disappointed than anything. Not sure how much I really wanna know about the Order of the Gash, and Barkers best writing years are behind him, I think. I will read it for sure, if it ever comes out, but honestly trying to keep my expectations low. I just hope he doesnt try to reveal or explain to much.

Agreed. I also hope he doesn't reveals too much either. Just like the old saying "less is more". Just enough to satisfy the curiosity of the reader and keep the story intriguing but still have that mystery behind it. Sometimes revealing WAY too much can be extremely risky because if the writer is not careful he can take a wrong turn and make it sound absolutely ridiculous and basically ruin the whole mythos in one shot.

I'm starting to doubt The Scarlet Gospels will ever be released. It seems like he's been talking about it for like 10 years now.

Supposedly its near completion, if he would stop working on that Abarat crap.

Hey! I like Abarat! :mad: Funny thing, I first heard about The Scarlet Gospels at a signing for the first Abarat book in 2002. He said it was done back then too. :lol iirc, it was a short story in a "Books of Blood" type collection at that time.

Oh,sorry :lol, I havent read them. Are they good?

I loved The Theif of Always, these are "childrens" books also, correct?

I've read the first Abarat and thought it was great. Along the same vein as Thief as Always, but a bit darker and more twisted.

I like 'em, but I don't think they'll be everybody's cup o' tea. It's set in an anything goes world, so Barker just kinda let's his imagination loose and you get to see some pretty wild and/or ____ed up things. If you ever do pick it up, get the book and not the ebook because the book comes with beautiful full color illustrations (oil paintings by Barker0.

I think he peaked creatively with Imajica. His stuff just hasn't been as impressive since. I couldn't even get all the way through Mr. B Gone without being bored to death. It literally put me to sleep a few times and it's not even that long of a book. :(

Supposedly its near completion, if he would stop working on that Abarat crap.

From what I've heard lately the Scarlet Gospels is complete but the last thing I heard was he was shopping for a publisher. I couldn't believe no one had snatched it up right away but I guess we'll see. I've also been waiting for this book for a long while. Since just after Mister B. Gone's release.

I've read the first Abarat and thought it was great. Along the same vein as Thief as Always, but a bit darker and more twisted.

I like 'em, but I don't think they'll be everybody's cup o' tea. It's set in an anything goes world, so Barker just kinda let's his imagination loose and you get to see some pretty wild and/or ____ed up things. If you ever do pick it up, get the book and not the ebook because the book comes with beautiful full color illustrations (oil paintings by Barker0.

Huh, well I'll pick up the first one and see how I like it.

I gotta push my way through Imajica first though :lol

I think he peaked creatively with Imajica. His stuff just hasn't been as impressive since. I couldn't even get all the way through Mr. B Gone without being bored to death. It literally put me to sleep a few times and it's not even that long of a book. :(

The Thief Of Always and Everville both came after Imajica, and I enjoyed both of those.

Really liked Thief.

Never read Galilee, Sacrament or Cold Heart Canyon.

Mr. B Gone was okay.

Huh, well I'll pick up the first one and see how I like it.

I gotta push my way through Imajica first though :lol

The Thief Of Always and Everville both came after Imajica, and I enjoyed both of those.

Really liked Thief.

Never read Galilee, Sacrament or Cold Heart Canyon.

Mr. B Gone was okay.

I didn't read Galilee or Sacrament either but I did read Cold Heart Canyon, pretty good ghost story. My favorite is still Damnation Game.

Really liked Thief.

My mom gave me The Thief of Always to read when I was 10 :lol Probably read it 5 times or so over the years, love that book :rock My wife just recently picked this up for me:

thiefidwpb.jpg

Pretty cool, actually.

Dread is my favorite short story of all time. Great read.

I only saw the movie .I dont like to read a book or something else.
Dread was a awesome movie.
The moment the girl going to eat the piece of rotting flesh.
Thats make me sick .
Clive Barker is king of the dark.

Midnight meat train was also a movie.

Saintsinner was also terrifying

Back