Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll eat my hat if Hot Toys visits the Schumacher movies :lol

A decent 'Classic' and 'Nightwing' style pair of 1/6 Robin figures from the movies? A 1/6 Arnold figure with all that chrome armour and blur lighting? A slinky but sexy Poison Ivy? A crazy but colourful 1/6 Two-Face and Riddler combination...?

What's not to love? I still maintain that there is a market for such figures, and with HT's (it seems, from looking at some of the Avengers figures) ability to produce smaller runs...they could do very well from them too.

Yactually, figures from the second pair of movies would be incredible. Arnie would look fantastic.
It was a full on color extravaganza. Those bad guys would make really great figures.

I actually concede that the character interpretations themselves would make nice figures - sure. :)

I draw the line at Two-Face though, he was like a bad amalgam of a wannabe Joker / Riddler.

Yes - I know that's somewhat a basis for the character in the first place.. but TLJ just hammed it up to the point of upstaging the entire cast of the 60s show. :monkey4 :lol

You guys realize that if HT were to make Schumacher figures...they would be every much as pricey as the Nolan and Burton figures, right?

Think about that - you'll be asked to pay $200-250 for Mr. Freeze? Two-Face? Riddler? Poison Ivy?

Given how much people seem to equivocate on already-existent figures, from much more popular Batman movies, I have the feeling that people would inevitably post "Looks cool, but it's a pass for me," "Too many other figures I want more," etc., and then the line would be a fail.

And I think HT knows that.

You guys realize that if HT were to make Schumacher figures...they would be every much as pricey as the Nolan and Burton figures, right?

Think about that - you'll be asked to pay $200-250 for Mr. Freeze? Two-Face? Riddler? Poison Ivy?

Given how much people seem to equivocate on already-existent figures, from much more popular Batman movies, I have the feeling that people would inevitably post "Looks cool, but it's a pass for me," "Too many other figures I want more," etc., and then the line would be a fail.

And I think HT knows that.

So Has HOT TOYS never priced (excuse the expression) 'lesser' figures at lower price points than their primary ones? Yes of course they have, they have actually done it with a prime franchise like the Avengers in HAWKEYE, NICK FURY and BLACK WIDOW.

They have also clearly produced lower quantities of some figures such as HE and NF -and I'd bet BW too, soon - as they are quickly selling out (everywhere) whilst still at the Pre-Order stage. Now when was the last time that happened?

Can anyone imagine a generic Chitauri figure coming in at over $200, and with an unlimited production run? Of course not. Coulson possibly.

HOT TOYS is a business and they are obviously out to make as much money as possible...but it is unlikely that they will miss a trick whilst it's there to be had. I mean, the 1966 BATMAN line, who in a million years thought that they'd ever go for that despite the fan adoration? But here they come.

Yep, Short run ROBIN (x2), IVY, 2FACE, RIDDLER etc...all quite possible and a whole lot more likely since the '66 announcement went up.

I mean, the 1966 BATMAN line, who in a million years thought that they'd ever go for that despite the fan adoration? But here they come.
:exactly: :yess: :yess: :yess: :blissy :lol

Anything's possible. :)

Yep, Short run ROBIN (x2), IVY, 2FACE, RIDDLER etc...all quite possible and a whole lot more likely since the '66 announcement went up.
Yeah, I can see them considering the Schumacher films - it's an untapped resource at this point. :lecture

Wouldn't be interested in Ivy, Bane or any Clooney Batman. As far as all the Batman films go, here are the only figures I'd be interested in spanning from the 7 films.

Batman Returns (happening)

- Returns suit Batman (with Bruce Wayne portrait)
- Penguin
- Catwoman

Batman 1989

- Mob Joker (happening)
- Gangster Joker (with Museum options)
- Battle Damaged/Injured '89 Batman with bolo grapple attachment

Batman Begins/The Dark Knight

- Ra's Al Ghul (Neeson)
- Lt. Gordon (classic trench version)
- Grumpy

Batman Forever

- Riddler
- Two-Face
- Batman (Panther suit)
- Robin
- Possibly the Sonar suit

Batman and Robin

- Arnold Mr. Freeze

No offence DiFabio, but I'd rather an Alfred or Lucius Fox over Grumpy.

But as far as everything else you requested goes, they sound great.
I would maybe include the dark blue/silver suit from Batman and Robin (1997) though. I hate that film, but man, the suit would look awesome in 1/6.

I'd maybe get Riddler in the green 3 piece suit & bowler hat - I liked that look. It'd also be excellent to have a great high end Jim Carrey figure too. :D

Although I'd love both, I'm still weighing up whether to actually get Keaton & Michelle for Returns. I'd say Michelle's in the bag though.

Id take anything from 89 and Returns.

One Kilmer Bats

Two Arnold Freezes- armor and robe

Ivy if they didnt make it look like Drag Queen Uma

I'd buy these:

alfred-1.jpg

2i2bj8i.png

Back