Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bane was not just one of the worst characters in a Batman movie he was one of the worst characters in a movie ever, I didn't understand a word he was saying for the whole film!

Yes, he was the worst movie character ever. I can't think of a single movie character that was worse than Bane.

Anakin Skywalker, Mr. Freeze, Bane from "Batman and Robin," Jar-Jar Binks, Ewoks, Willie Scott...

You're right. Bane was one of the worst movie characters ever.

Worst.

Ever.

I think I'm going to pick up Jack Joker but not 89 Batman. I'll probably just pick up the Returns Keaton when it comes out. Don't really need two Keaton's in my collection and I like the Returns outfit more.

And you'll probably get a Bruce Wayne head with the Returns one, hopefully.

Just got this guy a few days ago. I love him, there are so many dynamic poses to put this guy in. Here's a few photographs of mine (sorry, I'm sure you all are tired of pictures of this figure). Anyway...

Untitled by Sabrina Newcamp, on Flickr

GREAT SHOTS! Congrats!

I'm surprised to see how many people are still just picking these up recently. It can't be that this wasn't popular. It really must be that this is by far their most over produced figure EVER.

It's not perfect and you can nitpick it here and there but all and all one of the most fun figs out there.

After your pics these are embarrassing but I still wanna join the fun

DSC00500.jpg

DSC00499.jpg

DSC00546.jpg

DSC00543.jpg

DSC00548.jpg

DSC00505.jpg

DSC00553.jpg

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I opened up my '89 Joker today and put him on my desk. He looks amazing (despite the fact he can barely stand on his own with his weak knees and ankles) but how do you get his over coat on? Do you take his undercoat off first? And if so: how? And his arms have so much less range of movement than I see all of you getting out of him. The clothing simply constricts him too much. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any advice.

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I opened up my '89 Joker today and put him on my desk. He looks amazing (despite the fact he can barely stand on his own with his weak knees and ankles) but how do you get his over coat on? Do you take his undercoat off first? And if so: how? And his arms have so much less range of movement than I see all of you getting out of him. The clothing simply constricts him too much. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any advice.

Yeah, you've got to take off the undercoat with tails off if you want his trench coat on.

As for posing, the tailoring on the clothes is a close fit (which is nice since it looks realistic) but it does restrict movement a bit. If you want to achieve the poses you're seeing in this thread, you have to mess around with it a bit in the arms. Don't be afraid to move the biceps, forearms etc. The only real pain is moving the arms at the shoulder up and down (which is probably what you mean). Just work it out if you can.

Awesome pics! I can never get enough of this Joker. This is the Joker that I grew up with and I love Jack Nicholson. One of the greatest actors ever in my opinion. Love the 89' film and this and the Keaton Bats and soon to be Batmobile are great representations of it.

GREAT SHOTS! Congrats!

I'm surprised to see how many people are still just picking these up recently. It can't be that this wasn't popular. It really must be that this is by far their most over produced figure EVER.

It's not perfect and you can nitpick it here and there but all and all one of the most fun figs out there.

After your pics these are embarrassing but I still wanna join the fun

DSC00500.jpg

DSC00499.jpg

DSC00546.jpg

DSC00543.jpg

DSC00548.jpg

DSC00505.jpg

DSC00553.jpg

To paraphrase slightly...

TRUST!! Who do ya?

"Now it's time for 'Who do you trust? Hubba Hubba Hubba, money money money, who do you trust?"
DSC00546.jpg

Me? I'm giving away free money!! And where, is the BATMAN?"
DSC00543.jpg

"He's at home! Washing his tights!!"
DSC00548.jpg

"But now, as I relieve you of your miserable lives...!"
DSC00505.jpg

These pictures just screamed this sequence to me, the moment I saw them. Thank you PCK, great pictures and not in the least bit sub-standard (as you seem to suggest!)

Great pics guys!

Ima chime in...

Found a use for the shopping cart I've had around....

smylex_commercial.jpg

Smylex_cart.jpg

Hard to get exact pose and I need to make some green & purple boxes.

Woah, that's amazing. He looks downright sinister . . . and fun. Great idea.

Here are the actual film props. Hmm, might be easy to make some of those with illustrator and make your own boxes.

4046d1337749933-joker-smylex-box-batmanjokergiftscreenshot.jpg

Batman-1989-movie-props.jpg

BATMAN%20Smylex%20canproduct1.jpg

BATMAN%20Smylex%20boxproduct1.jpg

jack_nicholson_1989_01_01.jpg

Here are the actual film props. Hmm, might be easy to make some of those with illustrator and make your own boxes.

Good idea, I've never used Illustrator before but I could learn to use it.

Or those who do and want to make some of these for the freaks well.....

Awesome pics! I can never get enough of this Joker. This is the Joker that I grew up with and I love Jack Nicholson. One of the greatest actors ever in my opinion. Love the 89' film and this and the Keaton Bats and soon to be Batmobile are great representations of it.

"Now it's time for 'Who do you trust? Hubba Hubba Hubba, money money money, who do you trust?"

These pictures just screamed this sequence to me, the moment I saw them. Thank you PCK, great pictures and not in the least bit sub-standard (as you seem to suggest!)

Thanks fellas!

I'm glad you can hear Prince pumping thru my pics DGT. Mission accomplished :yess:

Great pics guys!

Ima chime in...

Found a use for the shopping cart I've had around....

smylex_commercial.jpg

Smylex_cart.jpg

Hard to get exact pose and I need to make some green & purple boxes.

:yess::yess::yess:

Back