Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

I'm not really strict with outfits since I tend to not even notice the minor differences unless I have a source material to compare with directly (and even then I am not going to lose much sleep over some lame straps here or miscolored pants and such). I mean you guys act like he is in a beautiful Chinese robe or something. This is just some cargo pants, a weird vest, and a big old jacket. It's important for the Joker figures to be perfectly accurate, but here once he has the jacket on things seem to work out.

My issue is more with the body though. It just doesn't look bulky to me. Part of it is the filming techniques, but Bane really seems quite hulkish in the film. Seeing the pictures of his figures without his jacket on makes it look like he doesn't even fit into his clothes. They look huge on him. You don't see that as much with the coat on, but without it he almost looks laughable, especially in the picture with him holding his arms out really wide.

Yeah. The bickering over this one put me off, but after seeing the costume itself yesterday, I'm liking it a lot more. There's just no sense in ordering it now considering the release is in March. I'll definitely get one.

For some reason I expected this to have pers, and the best pers ever at that, considering he kinda only has eyes. :p

For some reason I expected this to have pers, and the best pers ever at that, considering he kinda only has eyes. :p

wish he did...perhaps later on...?

I was looking at pictures. Like everyone else says, Bane looks small here:

Hot-Toys-The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Bane-Collectible-Figure_PR3.jpg

But he looks fine, at least in the arms, here:

hot-toys-the-dark-knight-rises-bane-ready-for-battle.jpg

After seeing that, the only thing I'd like changed is the vest. I'm happy with everything else.

:goodpost:

Glad someone else has noticed this. The angle in that first pic is very unflattering. No posable representation of the human body is going to looks right in every pose from every angle. It's just not possible.

This isn't rhetoric, I really wanna know what you guys think: wouldn't he look too bulky with the coat on if he had a larger body? The colors aside, the coat seems to be made from a nice and thick material, so I'm of the opinion that a bigger body would make the coat-on-look weird. I say this because even thin cloth can look huge on a 1/6 scale figure, as most of the 1/6 colthes actually look.

A good point. I plan to pose him wearing both the shirt and coat after a initial shirtless photo-shoot.

:goodpost:

Glad someone else has noticed this. The angle in that first pic is very unflattering. No posable representation of the human body is going to looks right in every pose from every angle. It's just not possible.

Ok, but what about the thin neck and trap muscles? Hardy's were huge. This is not a good representation of that.

I've posted about the actual size of Hardy's traps twice...

I havent read back because I stayed out of the thread for a few days to avoid spoilers. What'd you say?

Which Maglor, if I remember correctly you said Hardy was pushing his traps forward for the picture someone posted.

But if you've seen the film, Hardy's traps in that scene stay the same, no matter what position he is in....

I am on the fence about the body, we don't really have any good shots of his neck/traps area. But from what we've seen they look like they need improving.

If the body is gunna be such a problem , use an Ahhhhhhnuld T-800 body

I havent read back because I stayed out of the thread for a few days to avoid spoilers. What'd you say?

>>>>>>>>>>>

A word about Tom Hardy's shoulders. (Specifically his upper traps)

traps-pic1.jpg

They are big, but not as big as some of you think.

This is a shot of his natural upper traps:

PHBRZYpRkOmVGE_1_m.jpg

Again, they are big, but they are in proportion to his body.

The way his upper traps look in this picture is a trick:

bane.jpg

...well not a trick exactly, but he is sort of rolling his shoulder-blades forward which pushes up the upper trap area. Go in front of the mirror and play with this, you'll see what I mean.

The upper traps on the figure look fine compared to his natural physique.

165852_10150938808882344_1429177064_n.jpg

The scene when you see him shirtless in the sewers is the most glaring example of this.

Natural look of his actual trap muscles:

Tom-Hardy-warrior.jpg

In these scenes he is rolling his shoulder-blades forward which pushes up the upper trap area:

200px-Bane_Tom_Hardy5.jpg

bane.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>>

The scene when you see him shirtless in the sewers is the most glaring example of this.

Thanks for actually giving me the post. Much appreciated. :)

Well, I agree with you now, but that still doesnt excuse the skinny neck.

The neck could indeed be wider.

However, I think the neck looks more realistic here:

555853_10150938809662344_39147772_n.jpg

375667_10150938809852344_2022923853_n.jpg

than in the manipulation on the right here:

8759e2e7gw1dv26xzz0jnj.jpg

The manip went a bit over-the-top.

And if you put the sweater on under the vest, the neck area won't look so off. And it fixes whatever problems people still have with the arms, which are fine.

I hope they post a picture of bane with the sweater on soon. I'm really curious to see how it actually looks on him.

Back