Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

tumblr_loxdhqfp2P1qhsbth.gif

"Lets all get up and dance to a song that was a hit before your mother was born..."

Although I definitely don't agree with all of your post, the part I left in the spoiler tags above is pretty spot on in therms of the problem I'm having with the film.

Where's intothevoid? I need him to tell me why I'm wrong. :pray: :lol

See below

I'm not sure if posting stuff about the film in a thread like this is a good idea, but whatever.

Spoiler Spoiler:

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Spoiler Spoiler:

Although I definitely don't agree with all of your post, the part I left in the spoiler tags above is pretty spot on in therms of the problem I'm having with the film.

Spoiler Spoiler:

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

Should all this not be in the dark knight rises thread ??????

Where's intothevoid? I need him to tell me why I'm wrong. :pray: :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Saw the film again today and it just keeps getting better with repeat viewings. I also got to see the costumes in person and though the figure is by no means perfect, the colour of the pants and the straps are very close to the HT figure. I'm definitely going to pick this up now, but I want Catwoman first.

I would like to see stock exchange bane with the jacket helmet etc

I'm not sure if posting stuff about the film in a thread like this is a good idea, but whatever.

Spoiler Spoiler:

See below

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

SnakeDoc

I appreciate the feedback guys. That does help. I'll keep that in mind on future viewings. Now I'll take the discussion to the movie thread. :peace

This debate on the film is, as far as im concerned, generally two stubborn groups of people. cynics who wanted to hate the film to begin with because of the pedestal they put TDK on, and Nolan fanboys who claim every next film of his to be the greatest of all time.

honestly, in my humble opinion, if you didnt like TDKR, you simply don't like the nolan trilogy, which is perfectly fine. I just find it hard to see how one could enjoy begins and dark knight, and not this one. Comparing one villain to another is just kind of a pointless debate to me. all 3 were fantastic in their own way. Id say overall, TDK is probably the strongest of the trilogy, but I for one am entirely satisfied, thrilled even, by the third installment and say all batman fans should count themselves lucky for such an incredible film trilogy exisiting. Just remember where we were 10 years ago people!

:lecture :goodpost:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Definitely agreed.

Ordered the Bane fig yesterday.....this is still the Bane HT figure thread right?

I was looking at pictures. Like everyone else says, Bane looks small here:

Hot-Toys-The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Bane-Collectible-Figure_PR3.jpg

But he looks fine, at least in the arms, here:

hot-toys-the-dark-knight-rises-bane-ready-for-battle.jpg

After seeing that, the only thing I'd like changed is the vest. I'm happy with everything else.

I was looking at pictures. Like everyone else says, Bane looks small here:

Hot-Toys-The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Bane-Collectible-Figure_PR3.jpg

But he looks fine, at least in the arms, here:

hot-toys-the-dark-knight-rises-bane-ready-for-battle.jpg

After seeing that, the only thing I'd like changed is the vest. I'm happy with everything else.

Well to me he doesn't look anywhere near fine in either of those pics :lol

Despite small issues OVERALL the figure looks spectacular to me....that sculpt is spot on

I'm not really strict with outfits since I tend to not even notice the minor differences unless I have a source material to compare with directly (and even then I am not going to lose much sleep over some lame straps here or miscolored pants and such). I mean you guys act like he is in a beautiful Chinese robe or something. This is just some cargo pants, a weird vest, and a big old jacket. It's important for the Joker figures to be perfectly accurate, but here once he has the jacket on things seem to work out.

My issue is more with the body though. It just doesn't look bulky to me. Part of it is the filming techniques, but Bane really seems quite hulkish in the film. Seeing the pictures of his figures without his jacket on makes it look like he doesn't even fit into his clothes. They look huge on him. You don't see that as much with the coat on, but without it he almost looks laughable, especially in the picture with him holding his arms out really wide.

I'm not really strict with outfits since I tend to not even notice the minor differences unless I have a source material to compare with directly.... It's important for the Joker figures to be perfectly accurate, but here once he has the jacket on things seem to work out.

What is the difference? Why is Bane's outfit okay, but Joker has to be perfect? :dunno

I mean, don't get me wrong... I think they should both be perfect. For how much these cost, we are allowed to demand perfection. HT will not make things perfect until people stop buying them, and that will never happen until some real competition comes along and forces them to step up their game. Competition is healthy, unfortunately, there isn't any.

Bane is the end all ultimate Batman villain, better in almost every regard than Batman himself. I loved the film.

This isn't rhetoric, I really wanna know what you guys think: wouldn't he look too bulky with the coat on if he had a larger body? The colors aside, the coat seems to be made from a nice and thick material, so I'm of the opinion that a bigger body would make the coat-on-look weird. I say this because even thin cloth can look huge on a 1/6 scale figure, as most of the 1/6 colthes actually look.

Back