Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it true about the finish of this figure?! Its just flat silver... please no....

Is it true about the finish of this figure?! Its just flat silver... please no....

Seems this is just gonna keep coming up.

They didn't.

Yeah it's just hard to see. I found it funny the way they did it - a separate piece attached inside the visor. Looks kinda weird in it's positioning though - much like the old McFarlane 12 inch. Doesn't look natural, too close to his mouth or something. But since it's so hard to see I don't really care.

They didn't.

10710684_781831468545512_5289162046129747068_n.jpg

attachment.php

Thanks for that, I went through the omg photos and could not see it, glad to see its still there.

Why do hot toys keep wrecking my dreams?! First ed209 now silver robocop... Please.. Eeeerrrrrr

I can't tell if people are actually that upset over the toy being silver or if you guys are just joshing around?

I can't tell if people are actually that upset over the toy being silver or if you guys are just joshing around?

Well I know where they're coming from, it's something that no company to my knowledge has ever gotten right on Robocop and it really seemed like Hot Toys had in the proto-shots. People were criticising the finish on the Enterbay 1:4 scale figure on the basis that ''look, Hot Toys did it right'' only to find that the mass-produced HT figure has pretty much ended up exactly like the Enterbay one. It was disappointing.

That said, I'm wondering for how much longer is it going to be 'new information' to people....

Well I know where they're coming from, it's something that no company to my knowledge has ever gotten right on Robocop and it really seemed like Hot Toys had in the proto-shots. People were criticising the finish on the Enterbay 1:4 scale figure on the basis that ''look, Hot Toys did it right'' only to find that the mass-produced HT figure has pretty much ended up exactly like the Enterbay one. It was disappointing.

That said, I'm wondering for how much longer is it going to be 'new information' to people....

Some photos though have made it look like that in the right light you can get the desired look. There are a few shots in the movie where when there seems to only be natural light hitting him he is silver but when production light or inside light hits him you can get that blueish look that some picture him having.

The enterbay one does not look as silver as the hot toy one.

It doesn't? I passed on that one in the end. The price was a major factor.

There's no reason to buy an Enterbay Robocop anyway.

For the price of the Enterbay, you can get a Die Cast regular Robo and Battle Damaged Murphy, and be set for life. 2 Hot Toys with a myriad of options for the price of one Enterbay. Pay an additional $145 and you get Alex Murphy for 3. Three figures alone takes up less space than Enterbay's bic boi.

RIP Enterbay Robocop, you were barely relevant.

For the price of the Enterbay, you can get a Die Cast regular Robo and Battle Damaged Murphy, and be set for life. 2 Hot Toys with a myriad of options for the price of one Enterbay. Pay an additional $145 and you get Alex Murphy for 3. Three figures alone takes up less space than Enterbay's bic boi.

Here here!!

Shame they got rid of the exposed eye in the battle damaged helmet, I thought that was a real nice touch.

I don't think anyone should post any opinion especially since they don't actually own it in hand with the small exception of a couple SS freaks on here. I just received a Joe Colton in the mail from SS, and I thought it looked great in ****** videos, but in person its a sight to see and is easily in my top 5 or top 10 of headsculpts and paint application.

Whatever floats your boat...the scale of the EB being 1/4 was reason enough for me. Same reason why I have both 1/4 and 1/6 endo.

First of all people need to stop mis informing others, until they have it in hand:

THE COLOR OF THE SUIT
The RoboCop suits was painted in a variety of ways on different films. The first and third suits were very gray, whereas the suit in 2 tended towards a very plasticy blue. The suit in RoboCop:prime Directives is back to the original gray colour scheme (albeit seriously battle-damaged).

The RoboCop suits are more green than anything when seen in real life - they're painted with a special photoreactive paint that registers metallic on film.

THIRD here is quote from someone who owns it....... from THESKULL:
As for the paint, accurate or not its beautiful in hand, the figure like the movie suit will take on a different look depending on your lighting, those with the color changing dioder lights will love it. It has a deep luster and is mainly silver with purple, blue and a hint of green air brushed thoughout, there's also a super fine metallic flic then finished off with a clear coat finish. So freaking nice,

sounds like the colors from the movie to me you got grey, purple,blue, and even green!

Btw...update on me and my ladies Robocop 87 movie night. So we had our snack dinner and she was all into watching Robocop.
I could tell right from the beginning of the movie she was into it as we didn't speak much at all. Just the nature of the movie that it really engages you.
And yes, she is marriage material hahaha. My whole family knows I love Robocop and Icouldn't be with someone who didn't like this movie.
I remember how much she enjoyed the ED209 parts and commented on how much it looked like my hot toys figure.
She related it a lot to the new Robo movie, which she actually enjoyed. But she much preferred this one.

Back