Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of curiosity, did anyone purchase the regular version? Do you miss the infinity gem holder and cuffs? I really want Hot Toys to make a new short jacket version now with the container open and the gem to be removable. Maybe a more action based face sculpt?

Out of curiosity, did anyone purchase the regular version? Do you miss the infinity gem holder and cuffs? I really want Hot Toys to make a new short jacket version now with the container open and the gem to be removable. Maybe a more action based face sculpt?
I did. I could care less for the cuffs but I really want the infinity orb. It's the whole plot of the movie. I wish I could find a knock off by itself without the cuffs for just a few bucks.

Why don't you make the orb out of clay and pain it? Doesn't seem impossible... That's what I'm planning to do anyway.

That is so cool :clap

That's awesome.

Man! It looks fantastic! :hi5:

That is seriously cool! Brilliant idea

Awesome! This will look with Thanos. Wish I could do the same. Unfortunately, I already missed out the tesseract & aether.

You can still buy The Aether loose on OneSixthKit.com!

HOT TOYS MMS231 Thor The Dark World Loki Vip Bonus - The Aether (LED lighting)

Dude that is so good! I bet they'd look even better with Thanos lording it over them :yess:

Seriously though, excellent display!

Exactly what I was thinking, that would go great beside Thanos :duff

Yeah would love to own a Thanos by then, and hopefully someone will produce a custom Infinity Gaunlet hand for him, so we won't have to wait till the Avengers: Infinity War Thanos Hot Toys version.

To the person that made the Infinity gem setup..fkn awesome!
Is this figure of the year? Amazing detail!

Thx guys with all the nice comments!
I had the idea, but Seth really excuted it perfectly!
You should check out his Facebook page for this Infinity stand and other cool acrylic displays.

https://www.facebook.com/StoneysStands

I really like the last one, focus, lighting and pose, all perfect.....

haha the more the better I say :hi5: Those are great snaps Sabrina :clap
Evil Starlord :rolleyes2 Funny :lol

Thank you again! I have a couple that make Star-Lord look evil. I like them. I think it's the red eyes.

As for more photos...I have about 300+ of him so far and probably about 40 edited for showing though. I could do this all day. I imagine different poses I could put him in at work and then come home and try them. :lol

Sabrina, HOW did you get Star Lord to balance in that last pose?! It looks awesome!

She probably used a stand of some sort and edited it out.

Sewing thread. :lol There can sometimes be 3-4 strings holding him in position. That one, surprisingly, only took one.

Thank you again! I have a couple that make Star-Lord look evil. I like them. I think it's the red eyes.

As for more photos...I have about 300+ of him so far and probably about 40 edited for showing though. I could do this all day. I imagine different poses I could put him in at work and then come home and try them. :lol

wow! thats so cool :hi5:

Yeah I am not about the pay $29 for that tiny little piece of plastic. I am not at all interested in the cuffs. Just want the orb.
I don't blame you, I was putting it out for the completists. I feel like some people got shanked out of getting the exclusive version so I was just trying to help.

I don't blame you, I was putting it out for the completists. I feel like some people got shanked out of getting the exclusive version so I was just trying to help.
If that was available for preorder when I preordered I would have certainly grabbed that. Not a big deal I guess but then again like I said the infinity orb was the main subject of the movie. The cuffs only for like 1 minutes of the movie and the Hot Toys one doesn't look so good anyway. I want that damn orb! lol.

A few moer pics of my Star Lord. Aside from messin with the Walkman, I also decided to touch up his side burns and make them more prominent like how they look in the movie, at least I hope I succeeded in doing that.

Props to Hunterdnrc for the Walkman decals!

16679133758_6eee81f11f_c.jpg

16865729311_0392f926cb_c.jpg

16866748075_4f594a95d8_c.jpg

16246780223_cd24e07cef_c.jpg

A few moer pics of my Star Lord. Aside from messin with the Walkman, I also decided to touch up his side burns and make them more prominent like how they look in the movie, at least I hope I succeeded in doing that.

Props to Hunterdnrc for the Walkman decals!

16679133758_6eee81f11f_c.jpg

16865729311_0392f926cb_c.jpg

16866748075_4f594a95d8_c.jpg

16246780223_cd24e07cef_c.jpg

:yess:

First: awesome pictures, mattman6886!

Second: where are you guys getting the decals for the Walkman?

Just finished un boxing mines and its an awesome figure. Just had 2 minor QC issues. The plastic crotch grabber was broken in half and one of the straps on his bag was never glued together so just hangs. Will post pics later. Overall awesome figure

Back