Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must admit I don't have that same 'oomph' feeling with HT anymore. Usually every release would get me hyped beyond belief...but Marvel has numbed me. Only releases like this, RoboCop, and Predator get me insanely excited.

That Jon Snow sig pretty much sums up our collective mood. :lol

Certainly does. Forget the Marvel figures for a BRIEF moment Hot Toys and release something different. Hint: Marty Mcfly!!!

May as well rename yourselves Marvel Toys, the way you are going.

I wonder how many Marty's people may kitbash ? I know a bttf2 would be easy a t2 black leather and shades with black fedora hat after strip down to just red shirt. I Never noticed how heavy Marty was dressed life vest , jean jacket ,flannel and another shirt i'd be sweating while skateboarding in all that. Then 3rd film Clint Eastwood look easy to snag clints poncho n guns and hopefully find a decent cowboy hat n done with horse. Cant Wait somebody steal the delorean n review this one already......

I wonder how many Marty's people may kitbash ? I know a bttf2 would be easy a t2 black leather and shades with black fedora hat after strip down to just red shirt. I Never noticed how heavy Marty was dressed life vest , jean jacket ,flannel and another shirt i'd be sweating while skateboarding in all that. Then 3rd film Clint Eastwood look easy to snag clints poncho n guns and hopefully find a decent cowboy hat n done with horse. Cant Wait somebody steal the delorean n review this one already......

I'm kind of hoping HT release a couple more variants of Marty over the next year or so, a 1955 Marty and a 2015 Marty would do me. I will only get one of the 257 figures when its released.
Its cool bashing figs together but ideally I would like an actual HT full figure.

If they do release more Marty's I want to see different expressions on the sculpts so we can have distinctive looking figs.

To hell with more Martys for now... Lets just get one Doc in the pipeline and then we can talk about Marty in different costumes.

Last edited:
Ha ha just getting stoked while we wait jungle .I hear ya on Doc 1st and hope he's a dx heavy like said before with nuke suit , case , Einstein n pers crazy eyes 4 Doc. I just kno i'm a slacker and probably be fine with 1 but already itching for more BTTF release's the this line cant get here fast enough Gun it to 88 and get here yesterday.

Kinda Off Topic Jaws movie was up to Jaws 19 i think in 2015 in bttf2 future lol.:lol

Last edited:
Yeah, I know Highlander, the wait is killing me too. I'm just getting nervous about the Doc. I just don't want what happened to the Ranger and Tonto happening with this line.

Yeah, I know Highlander, the wait is killing me too. I'm just getting nervous about the Doc. I just don't want what happened to the Ranger and Tonto happening with this line.

Call me a pessimist but I can easily see it happening. They said they're 'hard at work' on Doc but that means absolutely sweet **** all from this company.

I'm sure they are hard at work on Doc. Doctor Strange, Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, and Doctor Bong, that is. Seriously though, Iron Man with medical equipment, giant caduceus on his chest, and a smock is more likely than Doc Brown.

When a figure like this comes out that has multiple looks from more than one movie(Which, we *might get*, but also might *not* get), i generally pick up as many headsculpts as i can during that window of opportunity where the heads are affordably priced till they run out.
From just your own post, there's BTTF2 2015 Marty, 1955-B Marty and Cowboy Marty. Also, for the diehards, his "Musta got that shirt off'n a dead Chinee" getup.
I generally expect to have to pay $50 per head and usually pick up ten of them. With Marty, i can see me doing the same.
You can always offload the heads later if another figure is released.

I would be concerned about the Star Wars line too from HT, getting in the way of other releases. According to Wiki, ' Kenner produced over 100 unique action figures from 1978 to 1985 '. Imagine if HT go as deep into this franchise. :horror

Certainly does. Forget the Marvel figures for a BRIEF moment Hot Toys and release something different. Hint: Marty Mcfly!!!

May as well rename yourselves Marvel Toys, the way you are going.

Marvel Toys :lol :lol Yes I agree, a change would be nice (and I love the Marvel line) but the amount of Marvel they are churning out out at the moment... :thud: Wish they would just stop milking the Marvel cash cow just for a second and get this released.

I'm sure they are hard at work on Doc. Doctor Strange, Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, and Doctor Bong, that is. Seriously though, Iron Man with medical equipment, giant caduceus on his chest, and a smock is more likely than Doc Brown.

:lol :lol That is worryingly true. Really hoping for a Doc!! :pray:

The amount saltiness over marvel is too high :lol Hot Toys still struggle to recreate doc hair though, hope its come out nice

I must admit I don't have that same 'oomph' feeling with HT anymore. Usually every release would get me hyped beyond belief...but Marvel has numbed me. Only releases like this, RoboCop, and Predator get me insanely excited.

Yeah I agree HT have gone off the radar for me. I'm an eighties kid and I grew up watching movies like predator, terminator, back to the future, Indiana jones etc. Lets face it theres a reason why movies are so popular and still are from the 80's. It was a golden age of filmmaking for sci-fi and action movies where storylines were actually worked on and weren't overwhelmed by useless cgi like they are today.

For me HT are now concentrating too much on marvel. In fact just look at their recent releases they are concentrating it would seem solely on marvel. I understand they are catering for a certain audience, albeit a large and populous one and they have to focus on the present and what makes money but comon they have forgotten about the lines that made them popular in the first place. I want to see HT do more 80's lines like:

Ghostbusters
Die hard
Alien
Rambo
Aliens colonial marines
Superman(80's)
Robocop 2
Conan the Barbarian

Also I agree with Solaire Astora a Beverly hills cop eddie murphy figure would also be awesome.

Last edited:
Back