Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My money is on this being a one-off unfortunately. I can't imagine why they'd do a DX, this is already a pretty good kit and moving eyeballs wouldn't do anything for the sculpt. My problem with this is the derpy expression. But if/when Doc is released I might pick it up because as a pair they'd look good I think.

Didn't Howard say there was going to be a DX?

And Doc is still an "if"? Bummer.

I got this message from the person I have bought it from in Hong Kong.....

hot toys staff told me there's something important about the marty mcfly figure that needs attention. I quote what they told me here.

"first, please read the instruction sheet very carefully beforehand.

second, the sunglasses are just for decoration and unable to wear on the figure's nose. You could put the sunglasses on the figure's hair but need to be very careful in case it's too tight and get broken.

third, better not to take any clothes off the figure except for the red vest."

Every time I go to hot toys secret base to get any newly-released figure, hot toys staff always tell me something to be careful.

I got the same. I wonder why they're saying not to remove any clothes.

Mine has shipped, awesome :yess: The not so awesome is if I had waited I seemingly could have gotten the figure now for $359. Yesterday it was looking like the only way was up with Marty.

Disapointment he cant wear his shades WTF ? :dunno pretty lame i dont understand why wasnt made to wear ?

Who knows what permanent compromise to the sculpt would have been required. I'm kinda glad.

Agreed, unless there were those who wanted to recreate the scene where he's actually wearing them, although not having the proper guitar kind of negates that. I'm just glad they included them for the movie poster image.

Disapointment he cant wear his shades WTF ? :dunno pretty lame i dont understand why wasnt made to wear ?
Because he wears them for probably 5 seconds in the film. If you really want that look, buy an extra pair and cut the arms off so that they fit the sculpt better. Like a-dev said, they made the right decision. Otherwise, you're going to have noticeable holes in the sculpt for the sunglasses, for a look about 2% of owners of this figure are going to go for on display.

Had they included the yellow guitar then it would have been a bummer that he couldn't wear them but, like karamaz mentioned, I'll be getting a second pair and cutting the arms off. I'd rather do that than have an altered sculpt.

They should of given us two head sculpts. I always dig the figs that come with 2X sculpts, off the top of my head I can think of these figs that came with an alternate sculpt:

Harvey Dent/Two Face
Marcus Wright
T-1000 T2
T-800 TechNoir T1
T-800 Battle Damaged T1
DX01 Joker
DX06 Jack Sparrow
DX11 Joker
DX3 T-800 Battle Damaged T2

I love all those figs.

I think they got the primary kind of expression you would want with this character. Of course, more would always be better, but in the vast majority of cases you mention, HT only provides an extra sculpt because there is physical damage they want to show in one sculpt and not the other.

Wish they would do headsculpt packs. Many times I wanted a set of heads with different expressions.

They can make it where the default expression only comes with the main figure, and the alt pack are all different to avoid hurting the main figure's sales.

I just thought be nice 2 rock the shade's and they could have figured out a way ,but know the drill i'll just buy a xtra set. Besides i might want the BTTF2 black shade's n hat t2 leather for him look.

Last edited:
DX!!!
btfII.jpg

It seems we've entered the overexcited phase of a Hot Toys non-Marvel release where we delude ourselves into thinking Hot Toys may go deeper into the line, making this and that and the other :lol

I foresee total silence on this license once the Delorean comes out. No Doc, no further Part I stuff and no BTTF II stuff.

It seems we've entered the overexcited phase of a Hot Toys non-Marvel release where we delude ourselves into thinking Hot Toys may go deeper into the line, making this and that and the other :lol

I foresee total silence on this license once the Delorean comes out. No Doc, no further Part I stuff and no BTTF II stuff.

Hahah, yea I'm just playing around with what else I'd like to see, we definitely do this to ourselves way too much. One figure and all of a sudden we start hypothesizing about everything we'd like, get none of it and become embittered with Hot Toys for making more Marvel figures. I learned to just be happy with what they offer, if nothing else comes - I save some money, not going to get bent out of shape for lack of toys.

I just know the marty eastwood and black leather n hat be 1st easy bashes to do with xtra hs. I have hope's will be more they hot toys loves to rerelease if its easy. oooooooooh ironman new color yep Howard Approved.:lol

Back