Hot Toys: 1/4 Official Boba Fett Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang it, I was perfectly happy with my mix of 1/6 figures and 1/4 scale statues. Now I have the option of something with the size and presence of a statue, but with endless posing options. Decisions, decisions...

My guess is $649.99 @ Sideshow, as SSC marked up QS001 by a hundred bucks compared to HT Japan's price. And no, I'm not saying I'm okay and willing to pay $649.99.

I think it was yesterday that I joked that people should presume an amount like $700 before shipping so as to be ''pleasantly surprised'' by the actual price. If your guess proves true I didn't allow anywhere near enough of a safety barrier. Raise to $1000.

Apologies if this has been posted already. HT Japan released the price and is now being compared to QS001 Batman. If this is anything to go by, then the price increase is about 50% 2 years after launch of 1/4 Batman. Again, take note that Bats had 3 headsculpts included and a plethora of accessories too.

Licensing costs?

EDIT: $42000 is about $350 US, but of course exchanges might be way different 2 years ago. Bats was $465 in Sideshow.
$65000 is about $540 US.

10846047_814775408582646_8365592740752598182_n.jpg
The dollar is up about 30% from two years ago so if your using today's exchange rate the US price of barman would have been quite more.

Lol, so you're one of the conspiracy thorists that thinks SSC and HT determine their prices from a couple posters on the internet, hey. :lol

Hey, marketing guys! I would LOVE to pay $1000.00 for Boba!!! :wave

vulcanneckpinch.jpg

You're doing this all wrong, man...

Lol, so you're one of the conspiracy thorists that thinks SSC and HT determine their prices from a couple posters on the internet, hey. :lol

Hey, marketing guys! I would LOVE to pay $100.00 for Boba!!! :wave

There we go. :lol

The dollar is up about 30% from two years ago so if your using today's exchange rate the US price of barman would have been quite more.

Thanks for the info. I have noted that the exchange rates then must have been way different, though.

Now Y65000 is about $540. Let's see how much SSC adds on that tag.

lol sorry.. I would not pay for a 1/4 figure nor statue over $500 .. Im out

Thanks for the info. I have noted that the exchange rates then must have been way different. If so, then the mark up SSC added might have been much less than $100.

Now Y65000 is about $540. Let's see how much SSC adds on that tag.

I travel through Tokyo 2-5 times a year so I watch those kind of things. Average is about 85yen to 1 us dollar. Currently it's pushing 120. It would have been around $500 at the time.

I travel through Tokyo 2-5 times a year so I watch those kind of things. Average is about 85yen to 1 us dollar. Currently it's pushing 120. It would have been around $500 at the time.

Thank you -- this info is enlightening! If QS001 was around $500 then, that means HT Japan prices are most likely equal to Sideshow's for the US market...

... and so I checked out HT Japan's website, compared the latest pre-orders on their site, and indeed the price differences range from very little to none at all. Boba might be $540-550 after all.

Still too much for me, though.

I'm not really a fan of 1/4 figures... and at most I would pay around $400 for one or two key figures. And even at $400 I wouldn't be happy about it :lol

It's interesting that the 1/4 Enterbay figures seem to be quite a bit cheaper than the HT ones; might be since we aren't getting a retailer mark-up. But still, if you can get a 1/4 Robocop for $435; $500+ for Boba seems pretty ridiculous.

Thank you -- this info is enlightening! If QS001 was around $500 then, that means HT Japan prices are most likely equal to Sideshow's for the US market...

... and so I checked out HT Japan's website, compared the latest pre-orders on their site, and indeed the price differences range from very little to none at all. Boba might be $540-550 after all.

Still too much for me, though.

Yeah, that's a real bargain.

hanpissed.jpg

:lol

I'm not really a fan of 1/4 figures... and at most I would pay around $400 for one or two key figures. And even at $400 I wouldn't be happy about it :lol

It's interesting that the 1/4 Enterbay figures seem to be quite a bit cheaper than the HT ones; might be since we aren't getting a retailer mark-up. But still, if you can get a 1/4 Robocop for $435; $500+ for Boba seems pretty ridiculous.

While some people would/might say that HT definitely tops EB's over-all quality-- and to an extent I would agree -- but having both EB and HT 1/4 Batmen I don't think HT's quality compared to EB commands an extra $100 on the SRP.

This looks to be a beauty, but it won't be cheap. Like others have said, once these get the the point where a 1/4 scale doll is the same price (or more) than a quality 1/4 scale static statue, you gotta take a hard look at what you are buying.

While some people would/might say that HT definitely tops EB's over-all quality-- and to an extent I would agree -- but having both EB and HT 1/4 Batmen I don't think HT's quality compared to EB commands an extra $100 on the SRP.

Good to know, I haven't had any interest in any of the EB 1/4 figures... so I've never had one in hand.

I do own the HT Endoskeleton and it's pretty impressive.

This looks to be a beauty, but it won't be cheap. Like others have said, once these get the the point where a 1/4 scale doll is the same price (or more) than a quality 1/4 scale static statue, you gotta take a hard look at what you are buying.

I think the word quality has taken a different meaning lately for many fans of Sideshow PFs. Undiclosed materials and hit/miss QC make Hot Toys Star Wars an appealing proposition. At least you know what you are getting with Hot Toys.

This Fett is definitely the best articulated Fett ever made but side by side with the new SSC PF I know I'll always prefer the ESB version over the ROTJ SE.

Cloud City base plus ESB colors >>>> Out of scale skiff base plus overweight SE extra

I think the word quality has taken a different meaning lately for many fans of Sideshow PFs. Undiclosed materials and hit/miss QC make Hot Toys Star Wars an appealing proposition. At least you know what you are getting with Hot Toys.
B-b-but it's an open edition! *cries*

Personally, I quite like SSC's Boba PF, so if I were into statues, it would be a tough choice. While you can pose HT's it's difficult to get a pose as natural looking/heroic as a well designed statue.

Yeah I like the ESB a lil more, but this is great too. Now I'll have all versions of the character. Didn't realize all the differences until I examined these pics.

Back