Hot Toys: 1/4 Official Boba Fett Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a hard time imagining Sideshow releasing a 1/4 Farm Boy Luke... maybe they will, but it seems that so far they've gone for the most popular figures. I'm honestly surprised that there hasn't been a Ledger Joker.

I'm sure we'll see a Vader and Stormtrooper in 1/4... but almost seems like the "human" characters would be pretty far down the line if they ever happen. Could totally be wrong here, but a human in 1/4 does not seem like it would be a strong seller.

I'm thinking the same thing. Add the droids to your list and that's already 5 non-human figures, all excellent contenders for the 1/4 scale. And at $600 a pop? Yikes! :thud:

Now THAT is an awesome quarter scale that I would consider canceling my SS PF Statue for. I just might be on my way to waving goodbye to SS stuff after seeing this.

BUT....

I don't see $600 in that 1/4 scale anywhere. Pricepoint is far too high.

I have a hard time imagining Sideshow releasing a 1/4 Farm Boy Luke... maybe they will, but it seems that so far they've gone for the most popular figures. I'm honestly surprised that there hasn't been a Ledger Joker.

I'm sure we'll see a Vader and Stormtrooper in 1/4... but almost seems like the "human" characters would be pretty far down the line if they ever happen. Could totally be wrong here, but a human in 1/4 does not seem like it would be a strong seller.
I'm thinking the same thing. Add the droids to your list and that's already 5 non-human figures, all excellent contenders for the 1/4 scale. And at $600 a pop? Yikes! :thud:
I agree with that, mostly, though a lot of people seem to be excited by the possibility of a 1:4 Jedi Luke. Overall, though, the scale does seem to suit the armoured characters more than humans.

You either collect 1/4 scale or you don't. Other than one NECA Pred, I don't.

A 1/4 Vader would be mighty tempting, but not at $650 or $700+. 1/6 will do just fine.

That's good thinking man. I've had points like that in my collecting where I just kind of move things to make room or focus on what I really want. Other events just make you realize that having tons of toys, as awesome as they are, isn't always the best way to spend your money haha.

At the moment Fett and Vader are pretty much the only MUST haves for me. And a Jedi Luke :d

Thanks man. At the end of the day, these are things we can actually live without. It just so happened that we have so much love for these characters, as well as for the hobby, that we find it difficult to let go of either :) My decision may have been drastic but it was a decision I don't regret making :)

On a side note, it's also good that I had put my SW figures on sale, weeks before Vader, Obi, and the Stormies were previewed by HT. Had I decided much later I don't think I would have gotten a good cash return, not with collectors already more certain that the old SSC figures would soon be replaced by HT's version.

Yeah, the droids would be another likely release. While I'm sure they'll all be great... I'm fine with my 1/6 versions :lol

When Han and Chewie set was announced, it was like an epiphany. I wanted both, Chewie, especially. I looked at my detolf and stared at my humble SW collection. It would never be complete without Han and Chewie, I thought. No, It would never be complete, period.

And just like that I decided to just let go of all my SW figures. My friends thought it was stupid. I actually feel that it's liberating.

This is a great place to be isn't it? Man I can't tell you how amazing it felt to unload most of my stuff. Now my entire SW collection consists of about 7 pieces that I really love. There is just something that clicked, and I don't regret it for a second.

$600? I was figuring maybe $450. Sine I have the SS PF, I wasn't planning on getting the Hot Toys 1/4 yet until I see how the line develops. I'd buy Luke, Leia and Han in a heartbeat. That said I do think the figure itself looks fantastic. And while some folks are quick to say these are dolls, personally I look at them more as scaled museum quality replicas. We all know a 1/4 Vader will show up at some point, but I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with human figures in 1/4 scale.

this figure doesn't come with anything really, compared to Batman. I wouldn't pay more than $450 for this.

I bought some of Sideshow's 1/4 scale Star wars in the beginning. I have 5. Between size (space issues) and $$ increases I only picked up the must haves. For me the only one that would be really hard to pass up would be a Vader. I was already worried about sideshows new Vader 1/4 scale, but now a possible hot toys too!!?? Ugh.... Must.... resist.... 1/6 only!!! :gah:

And people are sayin boba pf is expensive.. And now this [emoji1]

Instagram: SoySith

Here's where the HKD prices were seen. It's part of the online registration form/raffle entry @ HT's HK website. Must be special prices for the units allocated for the Toy Soul event, now the raffle makes more sense.

10603622_758196600931244_2530030245040196355_n.jpg

My guess is $649.99 @ Sideshow, as SSC marked up QS001 by a hundred bucks compared to HT Japan's price. And no, I'm not saying I'm okay and willing to pay $649.99.

Strange that Iron Man is about what we'd expect, but Boba is so much cheaper. I wonder if it's a typo?

I'm not getting any of the 1/6 SW figures, so if they only release this and Vader in 1/4 i'm all set. Hopefully a Luke too.

Compared to the 300 SW 1:6 figures (plus variants) that HT is planing on releasing, I believe getting a couple, or even 3 or 4 1:4 figures would save you some money down the road. And they would be just fine as a definitive SW collection.

That's what I did with Nolan Bats anyway.

Back