1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its really weird how no toy company can really nail Evans likeness, the best they usually get is maybe 80% there... I honestly dont even think this new ones main face plate looks like him, but thats just me

Yeah, mouth plate do not looks like him, sometimes it's looks like awkward and HT recycle it like forever. Good enough but clearly could be better.

Its really weird how no toy company can really nail Evans likeness, the best they usually get is maybe 80% there... I honestly dont even think this new ones main face plate looks like him, but thats just me

• Chris Evans
  • Harrison Ford
  • Mark Hamill

...who else?

I think the ROTJ Like had an excellent likeness.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

[...]

I would even say that most of the Hot Toys figures only have 75% to 85% likeness for me. Only the fewest reach spot on likeness like Yondu or Jack Sparrow DX15.

I think that's fair to say. Many likenesses hit that 80% spot with a couple of great angles, but the home runs are noticeable because they're scarce.

There's a lot of Hamill in there, although it's not on Jack Sparrow level. I've yet to see a great Chris Evans likeness.
I agree that HT hasn't captured Evans yet.

HT rarely gets male likeness spot on. Hemsworth, RDJ, evans, Mark were not close at all. Renner is the only closet resemblance. they got pratt, Mike Rouke and mike doing yondu quite close.

the ladies are worse. only nailed cate blancett as i recalled

for a company that proclaimed best headsculpt likeness, i would seriously not hold my breath . they do hold top pole for best product packaging and market image. i know some HK fanboy reviewers will rebuke me lol

I would argue that even though they don't nail every likeness, they are, on the whole, better at likenesses than their competitors.

HT rarely gets male likeness spot on. Hemsworth, RDJ, evans, Mark were not close at all. Renner is the only closet resemblance. they got pratt, Mike Rouke and mike doing yondu quite close.

the ladies are worse. only nailed cate blancett as i recalled

for a company that proclaimed best headsculpt likeness, i would seriously not hold my breath . they do hold top pole for best product packaging and market image. i know some HK fanboy reviewers will rebuke me lol

I think the later RDJ sculpts are good -- Mark 46/47. Carrie Fisher was excellent, Blanchett .. and I think this last Johansson sculpt if it makes it through production.

It's well known that their paint apps and overall quality tend to compensate for inaccurate sculpts.

Yeah, I feel like they really nailed the Endgame Black Widow prototype.

I'd also argue they nailed Anakin (Hayden Christensen) with that release. It's just a superb likeness.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My favourite headsculpt is BD RoboCop. In my opinion, their best.

I guess I'm alone in that I think the current Evans sculpt is pretty darn good. It could obviously be improved even more, but it's still better than the most recent RDJ sculpt. Or Loki. And the helmeted TWS head still looks as amazing as ever (the narrower CW and EG versions, not so much).

Back